Bad 187 34.44%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2018, 18:41   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scam Alert : Lucky Draw from Flipkart : With complete Order details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
What really got to me was that the caller had my full personal details : Name, Address, my exact order, the order amount et all !!
I'd suspect its the delivery personnel who are trying this scam.

They will have better knowledge of likely victims (e.g. is it an elderly couple, or a tuned-in IT aware youngster), and will have the other details from the delivery information for a recently delivered package (and amount from either the invoice on the outside, or from their own delivery management app).

I'm not deflecting blame from Flipkart in any way, by the way, Even if they wash their hands off this saying its a contracted logistics third-party partner, the overall shopping experience is being delivered and sold under the "Flipkart" brand, and they have accountability for it. Even if not legal accountability, the customers will quickly become aware, and give them a reputation like Snapdeal or Ebay.
Old 9th November 2018, 22:24   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Scam alert from a fake Flipkart caller.
This to me is a big big data leak at Flipkart, else how could anybody have my full details.
A case of old wine and new bottle! Many scams have taken similar forms.

About the personal details - every delivery guy will by default have much of the details - address and phone number even from the packing box! I do try and scratch out the address labels on the boxes when disposing them off, but it's quite likely I may have missed a few over time.

Such data are actually pretty easy to get these days. If one is careful enough, it's very very hard to misuse that data and get victimized.

Personally, I don't trust any of the sites to be safe with our data. If they can find a way to make money off of it, they will. The idea of online secure privacy will always remain virtual, never real!
Old 10th November 2018, 07:14   #213
Senior - BHPian

I got the exact same call and exact prize and cash numbers after a Paytm order. I complained to Paytm but got generic replies about not replying or calling for such calls.
This looks like a national scam being run with data taken off couriers or sellers.
Remember your phone number is printed on the courier box.
You will also get a few SMS about the same after your refusal.

Quote:
Hi All,

I have received a call from number 7033497670 stating to be a Flipkart executive, who happily informed me that due to my recent order on Flipkart, I had been selected for a lucky draw and have won the 1st Prize - a Tata Safari Car ! Alternately, I could choose to get Rs.12,80,000 in my bank account.

The catch - I have to deposit Rs.8,500 as processing fees ( which in later
calls changed to Income Tax charges ) in the following bank account of Bharat Kumar - SBI - 37941306231. The bank details were received over SMS from above mentioned mobile number. I asked him, why account name is Bharat Kumar, he confidently replied that Bharat Kumar is the Head of Director a.k.a the MD of Flipkart and to reduce tax, the fund is collected in this account.

The caller repeatedly called and warned of losing the "prize" for my stupidity, till the last call wherein I asked him to bugger off.

What really got to me was that the caller had my full personal details : Name, Address, my exact order, the order amount et all.
Old 13th November 2018, 18:09   #214
Senior - BHPian

Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

"Flipkart CEO Binny Bansal Resigns With Immediate Effect After Investigation Into Personal Misconduct"

Something to do with Pramod's order? just kidding!
Old 13th November 2018, 18:58   #215
BHPian

Surprised at the lack of details about this "grave personal misconduct". I'm sure its kept intentionally vague and may come out only in his personal memoir down the road or never, depending upon the exit clause that's been negotiated b/w Binny and Walmart.
Old 14th November 2018, 02:16   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I got the exact same call and exact prize and cash numbers after a Paytm order. I complained to Paytm but got generic replies about not replying or calling for such calls.
This looks like a national scam being run with data taken off couriers or sellers.
Remember your phone number is printed on the courier box.
You will also get a few SMS about the same after your refusal.

But if my memory serves me right, the contents arent printed on the label on the package. Its only on the invoice inside the package that those details are mentioned.

Note: I may be wrong since I havent seen the label on the box for a while now
Old 14th November 2018, 04:43   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
But if my memory serves me right, the contents arent printed on the label on the package. Its only on the invoice inside the package that those details are mentioned.

Note: I may be wrong since I havent seen the label on the box for a while now
The address and contact number details are indeed printed on the label on the package. How will the courier company know where to deliver the package without the address on package? How will the delivery boy contact you without the mobile number on package?
Old 14th November 2018, 09:36   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
The address and contact number details are indeed printed on the label on the package. How will the courier company know where to deliver the package without the address on package? How will the delivery boy contact you without the mobile number on package?
I am talking of the contents of the package since that was one of the things the caller knew. The address/name/mobile number is obviously printed on the outside.
Old 20th November 2018, 05:14   #219
Senior - BHPian

This post is not about any malpractice. (Flipkart is smiling now!). Rather, about how a minor lapse can negate all your best efforts.

Yesterday, I got one of those generic survey mails.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-screenshot_20181120045343610_com.google.android.gm1069x1827.png

In my inbox however, the mail appeared like this. (Poof! The smile is gone.)

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-screenshot_20181120050326216_com.google.android.gm1069x1192.png

Time for Flipkart to flip some lines, perhaps!

Meanwhile, I am thinking of flipping a coin to decide whether I should/would really help the poor firm by unsubscribing from their mailing list!
Old 3rd December 2018, 17:57   #220
Senior - BHPian

https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...e-xs-max-92657

It seems they are least bothered whoever the customer may be
Old 4th December 2018, 13:29   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
This post is not about any malpractice. (Flipkart is smiling now!). Rather, about how a minor lapse can negate all your best efforts.

Time for Flipkart to flip some lines, perhaps!

Meanwhile, I am thinking of flipping a coin to decide whether I should/would really help the poor firm by unsubscribing from their mailing list!
It's not actually Flipkart fault, it is rather the limitation of the phone screen and Gmail that dictates x amount of characters can be visible in the inbox snapshot. Of course, someone in Flipkart digital team ought to be spanked for having the Unsubscribe link at the top rather than at the bottom so as to negate the mention of the unsubscribe from Flipkart sentence in the snapshot.

Having said that I have had a neutral experience with Flipkart. Got some good deals and sometimes bad deals. But lately, Amazon has been fooling a lot. A recent case is a used Redtape sandal from their own seller "Cloudtail", the sandal was not even cleaned properly.

Last edited by motomaverick : 4th December 2018 at 13:33. Reason: Spell check
Old 6th November 2019, 19:31   #222
Senior - BHPian

This is really disheartening, my friend ordered a laptop from them, this is what he got.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-7970e4d1da2d48c7ac170e6c4535426e.jpeg

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-9855341784e0496e8e50c58340dfd071.jpeg

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-b0f10d34b5844f849f82091651bf5709.jpeg

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-21c96a0424b14b6e96a809efac742b68.jpeg

Are the competing for being the worlds most horrible e-commerce site?

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 19:44   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
This is really disheartening, my friend ordered a laptop from them, this is what he got.
Terrible indeed. Who was/is the seller on flipkart and what is seller score? When ordering online I have been paying more attention to this information as well. Such filtering possibly helps reducing the probability of such events as mentioned above!

Hopefully the laptop will be easily returnable.
Old 6th November 2019, 22:03   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Terrible indeed. Who was/is the seller on flipkart and what is seller score? When ordering online I have been paying more attention to this information as well. Such filtering possibly helps reducing the probability of such events as mentioned above!

Hopefully the laptop will be easily returnable.
I am not masking the order ID as well, let this be in the public domain.

This 72 hour reply is a standard crap they give to everyone.

Pramod
Attached Thumbnails
Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-22093ca0ed624bd8bdac86952fd26fbc.jpeg  

Old 6th November 2019, 23:30   #225
BHPian

I also had a bad experience with flipkart when purchasing a phone under exchange.
The phone to be exchanged was in perfect condition with not a single scratch on screen. The only minor scratch was on plastic part surrounding the screen. This minor scratch on plastic part was the reason for flipkart delivery boy to deny the deal during delivery.

It looked like seller never intended to sell the phone in first place as no sane person would find such flimsy excuse to reject the phone.

I immediately ordered another phone from Amazon under exchange and the deal was honoured without any issues.

I recently recived gift coupons from my employer for flipkart of 14k value and things I want to purchase are not available there.
Their selection of products is shrinking day by day and it appears flipkart is headed to slow death.

Though Amazon has vast selection and great service I would still want to have good competition and dread the day when Amazon is the only option for all our purchase.

Last edited by born_free : 6th November 2019 at 23:35.
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks