Neutral 194 35.73%
Bad 187 34.44%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2018, 14:04   #91
BHPian

Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Referring to Pramod's case:

That was such an immature and cheap shot from FK. Even 10-year olds behave better than that! Can't imagine them stooping any lower.

On a slightly OT note - Do look into ordering diapers on Amazon using their subscription model. I generally have found it works best - cheapest and timely! I actively moderate my subscriptions to ensure 'decent' enough deals.
Old 18th October 2018, 14:24   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
On a slightly OT note - Do look into ordering diapers on Amazon using their subscription model. I generally have found it works best - cheapest and timely! I actively moderate my subscriptions to ensure 'decent' enough deals.
Buying the diapers from Flipkart is my last and desperate effort to get rid of the stupid Flipkart gift cards worth 4K. I usually buy from Amazon or big bazaar locally that offers the same price. I placed the order in order to spend close 2500 of the 4000 to get rid of the coupons.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 18th October 2018 at 14:27.
Old 18th October 2018, 14:35   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I quickly went to my credit card site and converted all my 20K reward points for flipkart coupons worth 4k

Buying the diapers from Flipkart is my last and desperate effort to get rid of the stupid Flipkart gift cards worth 4K
Ask Flipkart to revoke the gift cards, and have them notify the credit card company (so they can credit back your reward points). If you communicate via email, loop in your CC issuer as well (provide the details, such as the CC bank's confirmation of issuing a 4k gift card for X reward points).

Tell Flipkart they need to do this, because they have got the gift cards registered on your account, and they are now actively preventing you from accessing your account.

Based on how far you're willing to take this, you might want to put in a line about you "exploring formal means of recourse if this isn't addressed satisfactorily and quickly".

PS: No guarantee this will work, but worth a shot.
Old 18th October 2018, 14:36   #94
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuy_DM View Post
I ordered 3 things on Flipkart which amounted to around 29,000. Within 5 mins of placing the order and paying for it, my order was canceled by Flipkart siting non availability of the said thing. Then why did you let the order go through Flipkart?
Simple reason = Boost GMV. Investors will always ask "how much you sold?". No one will even think of adding "hmmm, and how many of them were refunded?".

Quote:
Latest update, I had sent an email to a Flipkart executive, attaching his reply below.
Good to see you're getting somewhere, Pramod. But the best attitude to have is, if someone doesn't want your business, you should gladly take it elsewhere.

At least 1,000 people would have been put off by Flipkart thanks to this thread. Thanks for warning us about these scams.
Old 18th October 2018, 16:00   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Ask Flipkart to revoke the gift cards, and have them notify the credit card company (so they can credit back your reward points). If you communicate via email, loop in your CC issuer as well (provide the details, such as the CC bank's confirmation of issuing a 4k gift card for X reward points).
Already did that, FK just blatantly refused to help, despite escalating it to multiple levels. My CC company has delivered me what i asked(the 4K gift cards in lieu of my 20K reward points), they have asked me to get a mail confirmation from Flipkart that those gift cards are cancelled so that they can re-credit those points to my account. I have sent a mail to the same Flipkart executive asking him to help me get those gift cards cancelled. I have also responded to the canned message i received on my facebook chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Simple reason = Boost GMV. Investors will always ask "how much you sold?". No one will even think of adding "hmmm, and how many of them were refunded?".
That's exactly what these guys are upto, its a common culture in startups these days, they are least bothered to serve their customers and their main agenda is to please the investor by botching up numbers, every single startup in India has been chasing the investor exit model and none are focused to serve the customers.

Quote:
Good to see you're getting somewhere, Pramod. But the best attitude to have is, if someone doesn't want your business, you should gladly take it elsewhere.
I have already done that, if they refund my Gift cards that would be the end of my discussions with them, if they don't i will buy something from them using the gift cards.

Quote:
At least 1,000 people would have been put off by Flipkart thanks to this thread. Thanks for warning us about these scams.
I remember Samurai saying this, though i don't remember his exact words, but what is said was this:- in every online fight its not the fighting parties who have the biggest take away, its always the person who is silently observing these conversations, who has the maximum take away.

Pramod
Old 18th October 2018, 19:02   #96
Senior - BHPian

Latest update: My account is now deleted, there goes my 4K worth of gift cards.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-73c0706b078e43b7bc721135d2841780.jpeg

Pramod
Old 18th October 2018, 19:28   #97
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1809241

Pramod
This is plain ridiculous, how can they do this without refunding your GC amount worth 4k loaded in your account? See if you can make a complaint in the consumer court (you should be able to do it online but will need to go to the court on the date they give you).

Also go back to the bank and see if they can credit the points back since your account is deleted without a valid reason.
Old 18th October 2018, 19:28   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Latest update: My account is now deleted, there goes my 4K worth of gift cards
A clear case of hit and run. You can do the following:
  1. Keep raising the matter with adequate proof on various social fora and waste a lot of time and energy.
  2. Take the issue head on by a. Approaching a consumer forum with records of all the happenings. b. Filing a cheating case either at a regular or a cyber police station. c. Issuing a legal notice through a lawyer.
  3. Forget the entire episode as a bad dream and move on.

Last edited by dailydriver : 18th October 2018 at 19:30.
Old 18th October 2018, 19:32   #99
BHPian

Quote:
So here is some documented proof. Looks like they are on full war mode.

Attachment 1809024

Pramod

A 17 billion dollar US retail giant has reacted to a post in teambhp.
I see it as a big recognition to teambhp and its community.

Thank you Flipkart-Wallmart.
Old 18th October 2018, 19:38   #100
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow - sad to see a huge company like Flipkart stoop so low and deleting your account. What they could have done instead is tried and resolved it for you and refunded / returned your gift cards.

Shame on you Flipkart!
Old 18th October 2018, 20:18   #101
BHPian

I can't remember the last time I ordered from flipkart. Snapdeal which is thankfully almost out of business once sent be tubed tyres while ordered tubeless for my car! It was such an ordeal to get it replaced.

I always use only amazon these days and if it's not available on amazon , I buy it in the stores or wait until it's available. There has never been a problem with Amazon for me. And the 900 odd bucks I pay for prime is serious paisa vasool. Prime now, prime video, music and fast delivery!
Old 18th October 2018, 20:49   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Pramod
Why can't you create one more user ID with FK with a different email ID and use your gift cards? I do not think the gift cards are non-transferable, or are they?
Old 18th October 2018, 21:07   #103
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart is far too unethical to deserve my money. From duplicate batteries, duplicate phone accessories to canceling orders without any rhyme and reason, blocking my money for days together and not honoring commitment's, I have suffered it all at Flipkart. Amazon it is for me and I don't even have the Flipkart app any more. All those who are still patronizing Flipkart will get hit sooner or later and that is for sure. None of my colleagues and acquaintances have good things to say about Flipkart so go figure. Started using Amazon in 2004 in USA and from 2014 in Germany. Never had a issue and never lost any money or got substandard products. Even Amazon India has been fine so far.

Last edited by SPARKled : 18th October 2018 at 21:11.
Old 18th October 2018, 21:33   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Why can't you create one more user ID with FK with a different email ID and use your gift cards? I do not think the gift cards are non-transferable, or are they?

Here is the reason why that wont work.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-flipkart-1.jpg

Pramod
Old 19th October 2018, 09:23   #105
BHPian

This is blatant cheating of that 4k worth of gift cards by Flipkart. Last week also I ordered Shirley May Black Car perfume with Flipkart and they delivered it without any issues to my in-laws home. Flipkart used to be too good during 2014 and 2015. Never heard any of these stories. Usually competition makes you to be on your toes but here it is contrary and they are going backwards.

Little bit off topic. But this is about Flipkart's parent company shared by my friend. During 2014 Thanksgiving here in US, Walmart announced one offer on a 55 inch TV at $800 for the first 10000 people in online and the original price was around $1500. But one careless mistake in Database update and the value was set to 100,000. By the time they realized their mistake and updated Database value 14000+ orders were placed. They honored that offer and delivered to all those customers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks