Good 162 29.83%
Neutral 194 35.73%
Bad 187 34.44%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2018, 21:50   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Phew, noticed this thread shortly after placing my order for a laptop and a few other items. Have been bothered, and silently reading all the posts here and secretly hoping for the best. Thankfully the last of my multiple orders reached home safely this afternoon, and I am happy to report that everything went smooth and I am an extremely delighted Flipkart customer.

PS: Typing this post from the laptop that I got during the sale (which I feel is terrific value) is quite satisfying
Old 22nd October 2018, 22:08   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Do update us about the cancellation request for the last order.

Also I am assuming you have recorded the conversation between you and the customer care.
Great, amazon is the only reason I have not yet lost faith on online shopping. Shows how much they value customers than VC valuations, I have heard that Jeff Bezos randomly answers customer emails. The company is built on solid values unlike Flipkart.

I am documenting email chains and updating the thread, I didn’t record the last call since it won’t make any difference, a call recording without forensics is useless in a court of law.

Latest update, I have sent an email to Flipkart asking them to initiate the next steps ASAP.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-f6710b5a52d8437a9bb17bf58e00221e.jpeg

Pramod
Old 23rd October 2018, 00:11   #138

Bought this (currently out of stock) Bburago 1:24 Porsche 356B Cabrio-1961 for Rs 592 during the Big Billion Days from RetailNet seller on Flipkart. It took 11 days to deliver. I can understand the delay due to large number of orders. But I felt disappointed when I found that I didn't get any display base as shown in the product images. This is my first bad experience with Flipkart. Are they growing in the wrong way? Or do they think their 'Special Price' will justify the misleading product info?

Also, I found a (same item?) Bburago 1:24 Porsche 356B Cabriolet being listed for a special price of Rs 4041 which is a whooping 38% discount from Rs 6568 .
Attached Thumbnails
Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-old.jpg  

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-new.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2018, 06:26   #139
BHPian

Its important to check for few points while doing a online purchase.

Amazon and flipkart are largely trustable.

Buy from certified resellers.

Read customer review.

If you have doubts ask the reseller by posting your questions online.

Try to stick on to products that says amazon choice. And in case of flipkart it is f.assured.

Select products that has good ratings a rating of 3.8 and above is largely acceptable.

Happy shopping.
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:10   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Slightly off topic, but which card was that?
Its a reward card which is issued by Corner Bank Ltd with VISA as the gateway. Thank you for your information. Will check with the bank on its customer care number, however now its a small amount which I would be missing.

Last edited by sunsivj : 23rd October 2018 at 12:15. Reason: Removed an unwanted "the"
Old 23rd October 2018, 14:01   #141
BHPian

I had a really bad experience with Flipkart recently. I had ordered a pair of LEE COOPER sneakers at a good price in Big Billion sale. I usually go for size 10 (UK size 44), but they had explicitly mentioned that one should order 1 size lower so I went for size 9.
The shoe I received turned out too be too tight for me, so I initiated a refund. The problem that happened was that the guy who came for return pickup was kept waiting at the gate for nearly 30 minutes since he was not wearing a helmet and my society doesn't allow any 2 wheeler with the rider without helmet. Since I was busy with something, I couldn't go to the gate immediately.
Since I had to travel the next day, I didn't want to reschedule the pickup and kept him waiting. When I finally reached he started showing me attitude. He opened the package and pointed to a corner where there was a speck of dust (might have been there when I received it for all I know) and said it was a used one and refused to take it. All my requests failed. I asked him to call his supervisor and he gave me the number, but he too said the same thing.
Finally I called Flipkart customer care and they too repeated the same thing.

Good sense prevailed and I let the guy go. When Flipkart updated the status to Return Cancelled, I raised another return request. This time Cleaned the sole with some Vanish and promptly returned it.
Old 23rd October 2018, 15:15   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
He opened the package and pointed to a corner where there was a speck of dust (might have been there when I received it for all I know) and said it was a used one and refused to take it.
Although different from the issue you've mentioned, I bought a laptop during the BBD this month from Flipkart by exchanging my old laptop. The delivery guy raised issues with the quality of the screen. When viewed only from certain angles, the sides of the screen looked darker than the rest. When viewed straight as we normally do, there's no issue. Finally he accepted it with reluctance. A colleague of mine also faced problems while exchanging his smartphone. While I admit that strict quality checks is required so they're not duped by shady customers, but the level of checks they did suggested as if they're looking for a almost new/unused item for exchange. Obviously one would exchange their old items after it has been used for quite some time and is not functioning as good as it was when bought.

And they do this even if their own quality checks are questionable and packages are thrown around without thought in their warehouses!
Old 23rd October 2018, 18:20   #143
Senior - BHPian

I received another call from Flipkart, they kept repeating that they will fix my access issue, while I kept insisting them to cancel those gift cards.

Looks like I have hit a wall, can anyone suggest how to contact Walmart? I am losing patience now, they have asked me for another 24-48 hours extension.

Pramod

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd October 2018 at 21:55. Reason: Typo.
Old 23rd October 2018, 21:50   #144
BHPian

In my humble opinion, I'd suggest you to hold on and let them sort out your access, and then you can redeem the gift cards and just never log back in.

In a tangential rant Uber recently blocked my 5 year old account simply because I ordered the same dish thrice in succession on the same day. Their fraud algorithms must have flagged the account. And yet their customer service drones did not reactivate the account, even after social media tags. Oh well, I now have one less excuse to spend money on cabs.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 23rd October 2018 at 21:52.
Old 23rd October 2018, 22:33   #145
Senior - BHPian

By far my experience with Flipkart has been satisfying, for last 3 years been shopping for most of the stuff from Amazon. But those guys have deteriorated their services from bad to Worse, in last 6 months amazon idiots have messed up my 5 orders with poor delivery commitments which were usually late by 1 day to a month and it was topped by idiotic customer care, all this you get after paying thousand bucks for not so PRIME membership.
I had stopped buying stuff from Flipkart due to long delivery periods, but they now seem okay, at least the commitment made by them is realistic compared to Amazon nonsense.

Last edited by SDP : 24th October 2018 at 08:52. Reason: buggers -> idiots
Old 24th October 2018, 00:02   #146
Senior - BHPian

I have almost always ordered phones and atleast two laptops from flipkart. I have never had any issue and if you compare the prices of these two flipkart always gave me a better deal. All the item I received were properly packed and sealed. The only thing I make sure is that I buy only from their own seller i.e. Retailnet.
Old 24th October 2018, 00:16   #147
BHPian

Ordered lots of stuff from flipkart. Didn't want to post until all items delivered.

The items included 2 x Samsung S8, Moto G6, tab S2, whey protein box, etc with price tag into 6 figures.

The only thing I got wrong was a measly power bank which I returned and money credited immediately.

All on all, I'm happily indifferent to flipkart and amazon. It depends more on the sellers. You need to identify the sellers properly to ensure no rude surprises.
Old 24th October 2018, 00:46   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Coincidentally I was just walking from the canteen back to my building and saw a colleague fighting with Flopkart delivery guy.

He had bought a Samsung Note 9 on sale as well as exchange. They didn't honour the exchange citing a miniscule dimple on the side of the old phone.
Exactly the same thing happened with me. I had purchased the case and the tempered glass too. The delivery guy looks at the phone and there is a small simple and rejects the exchange and they cancelled the order too. I had to spend so many valuable hours to get a refund back. Next day ordered a similar phone on Amazon. Returns accepted.fast delivery. What more can you ask for? I will never shop with cheatkart again.
Old 24th October 2018, 06:32   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Coincidentally I was just walking from the canteen back to my building and saw a colleague fighting with Flopkart delivery guy.

He had bought a Samsung Note 9 on sale as well as exchange. They didn't honour the exchange citing a miniscule dimple on the side of the old phone.
Oh, I'm glad I didn't opt for the Flipkart based Pixel 2 XL route with an exchange built in - would have had to wait till Oct end (timelines was 20 days) and then go through the agonizing process of figuring out if the exchange goes through or not. The T&C is also quite vague in terms of phone condition allowed and other catch conditions.

Cut to US a year back where I got the Galaxy S8 with an additional $200 off for exchange of any decently running Android/iOS phone; the process was effortless with as simple terms as can be possible - they send return tags; the buyer ships back the old phone; if any issue found, the buyer can accept the lower price or roll-back the old phone exchange transaction (new phone transaction stays).

No grey area, minimal confusion.

Flipkart better get it's act fast; else Amazon is going to run away with the highly lucrative online mobile selling business!
Old 24th October 2018, 08:56   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Not much experience with Flipkart but Amazon has far exceeded my expectations on several occasions. Cancellation and refunds are extremely smooth - my cancellations were successful even when the items were in transit. Had smooth experience with returns also. Of course, 90% of my purchases are from Prime category. Non-prime experience is just about average but customer support and escalation is very smooth. Requesting a call back is a great convenience compared to dealing with IVR nightmare. I am actually a very anti online shopping (mega corporations) and pro small shops and I prefer buying stuff in a store even if the price is marginally higher. I often find an item on Amazon and try to find the merchant store to buy it in person. But Amazon surely does a great job to get my business due to better inventory and excellent customer service.

On the rare occasions I used other e commerce companies, the experience was decidedly inferior.

The prices online can definitely be inflated across all platforms including Amazon and always a good idea to cross check with MRP before buying.

Last edited by androdev : 24th October 2018 at 08:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks