Bad 187 34.44%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2018, 19:08   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I am not sure on how I can delete my account with them, else I would have done that as well.
Contrary to popular (and perhaps saner) advice, I suggest you let it be. Do not deactivate the account as yet.
  1. It is always better to keep your 'enemy' in sight; and know what they are up to!
  2. In the 'chance' case of Flipkart trying to get to the root of this whole fiasco, you will need access to the account to help them.
  3. In spite of this bad episode, there might come a day when you might be tempted to purchase something from Flipkart .
Old 31st October 2018, 19:41   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Contrary to popular (and perhaps saner) advice, I suggest you let it be. Do not deactivate the account as yet.
  1. It is always better to keep your 'enemy' in sight; and know what they are up to!
  2. In the 'chance' case of Flipkart trying to get to the root of this whole fiasco, you will need access to the account to help them.
  3. In spite of this bad episode, there might come a day when you might be tempted to purchase something from Flipkart .

If I may add to above points, if you see the screenshot shared above, there is all the more reason to keep it as is. It says that Flipkart will continue to 'retain' all the information. So there is simply no point in deactivating it, if the idea is to remove information from their database.
Old 31st October 2018, 19:51   #198
BHPian

Let me also add my experience with Flipkart here.

1) I bought Micromax UHD TV more than 3 yrs ago on credit card EMI, and there was offer of cashback of the interest amount. I didn't received it automatically, got it after chasing them after couple of months.
2) Bought a HP printer 2 yrs ago and received one which was imported more than 3 yrs and warranty was expired. Realized this when tried registering the product with HP. Before trying to register, I had opened the printer and started using it, raised the complaint, Flipkart did got the printer replaced despite it being opened. The replacement printer also had warranty expired.

Now a loyal Amazon customer and fully satisfied. Their customer support is miles ahead of Flipkart is what I concluded after having interactions with both of them on issues.

Last edited by humans : 31st October 2018 at 19:52.
Old 31st October 2018, 21:55   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Congratulations for toughing it out, and fighting your corner.

Go to the website, login with your credentials, and under 'my account' there's an option to delete your account.
Thanks, Taking a stand is not easy but for me they made it pretty easy

without TBHP it wouldn't have been possible. They are still very bullish about handling disputes, Customer's time + Money + mental agony is of no value for them, They might have come clear in front of a lot of people by refunding me my money which they held for 17 days, without any interest. for me as per my own principle it was easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I can see an option to deactivate the account:
Thanks for the screenshot Anurag, i have deactivated my account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
I am done with them, and I strongly believe that this whole "someone was using your account before you did" story is a cover up to save face.

Nobody is my enemy, I didn't deserve the camera at that price so i didn't get it at that price, Simple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
If I may add to above points, if you see the screenshot shared above, there is all the more reason to keep it as is. It says that Flipkart will continue to 'retain' all the information. So there is simply no point in deactivating it, if the idea is to remove information from their database.
I don't really care what they do with the information, I had to put a closure to this case, I was mentally prepared to do this the moment the money was in my account. They don't deserve my business and I am happy that I was able to expose how their "Big Billion Sale" operates. I am sure a lot of people will now understand "a too good to be true" offer is actually what the name says, no one is running a charity those thousands of orders give a lot of money, which can be used as working capital, they can keep the money as long as they wish, without TBHP they would have never returned me my money.

The whole thing would have gone into litigations and I neither have the time, energy or the money to go behind them.

You people saw the most unbelievable set of events in the last couple of weeks, nobody actually thought that "India's Amazon" could stoop so low. But we are witnessing unprecedented events daily in our lives, this is just one among them.

On a lighter note, I bought an apple watch from amazon at almost 4k lower than the present price, though there was a delay and I thought that I was again taken for a ride, it was delivered, along with every singe item I ordered. So my faith in online shopping is restored, its just that now i personally know who to trust and who not to.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 31st October 2018 at 21:58.
Old 1st November 2018, 06:27   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I am done with them, and I strongly believe that this whole "someone was using your account before you did" story is a cover up to save face.
I fully understand and respect your feeling and stand. Its good that you could finally find a closure; and your money too. The happenings of the last fortnight will remain as a lesson to all of us.

Before the thread is closed, let me pen a few random (and probably useless) thoughts.
  1. Contrary to the intent of the title of this thread, the actual issue ran deeper and longer than the BBD sales. The sales proved to be the final flashpoint.
  2. There is still the issue of identity theft / impersonation that is to be resolved.
  3. In the event of the pre-2015 user reactivating your account, you would have some more battles to be fought in the future. Refunding of your money was just one part of the problem; illegal use / claim of illegal use of your email was the other.
  4. Once again, our forum helped in addressing a consumer issue through the collective power of public voice. My respects!
Old 1st November 2018, 07:46   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

I never understood the reason for such wild popularity of online shopping, they are glorified courier services with online seller interface according to me and not good at that either. I've seen so many delivery persons mishandle, drop or fumble with boxes at the point of delivery. So many bad experiences I've heard and seen (of friends), from both Amazon and Flipkart.. as a book delivery portal maybe it'd have made some sense, which is what Amazon and its Indian copycat Flipkart originally were (yes I know the Flipkart founders were ex employees of Amazon).

I've never ordered anything online till date, but I do use their pricing as a reference and get it matched at the store to a point where the price difference wouldn't hurt. Waiting 3-4 days for an item to be delivered isn't my cup of tea.. I want instant gratification and I want to see the product before buying.

Cashback, discounts, flash sales.. every 2-bit Chinese corporation using that trinity of sales strategies have become billion $ corporations combined with their courier agencies of Flipkart/Amazon thanks solely to India. I will never buy any electronics online. As for clothes, shoes.. it stuns me that people even consider buying them online, I cannot buy without trying and checking for fit/comfort and real-world looks.
Old 1st November 2018, 15:06   #202
BHPian

Glad your issue is resolved and mind you this thread is really an eye opener to many including me. Fortunately, I have never experienced any hiccups with both Amazon and Flipkart. But for some reason FK's app and website isnt that pleasing or trustworthy to make huge purchases.

Ex., iPhone X purchase during the last sale. FK's prices was cheaper, but it was like a flash sale and were playing In/Out stock the whole of midnight. Their offers were not so clear and was a bit hesitant to choose them as the shopping partner.

In contrary, Amazon listed the lower price for a day or two and reverted to the usual pricing and their terms and conditions on the offers were so clear to be true. Finally made the purchase with them and will do forever.
Old 1st November 2018, 16:22   #203
BHPian

Sharing my post on Flipkart's FB page which is self-explanatory:

=============

Dear Flipkart,

I had placed an order on 12-Oct vide order no OD113616879167553000 and paid the full amount in advance.

At the time or order, the delivery date was shown as 19-Oct. When I tracked the order later, the product had reached my nearest hub, Guwahati_Hub (Assam) on 16th Oct itself and has since been lying there for the past 15 days!

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-flipkart.jpg

On three different occasions, the delivery date has been extended, first from 19th to 22nd and then from 22nd to 26th and then again from 26th to 31st Oct. During this period, i have spoken with customer care two times and have even escalated my issue to higher level, but to no avail.

And today is 1st Nov, 20 DAYS have passed and I STILL HAVEN'T received my order!!!

It seems Flipkart is too busy picking up new orders in one sale after another... but has no time or intent to fulfil orders taken in the very first sale...not even the prepaid ones!

Highly Disappointed!
Old 5th November 2018, 18:19   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Flipkart has delayed my Prepaid order by 20days.

Attachment 1813319

No mail, call or message. I only just realised as it was supposed to be delivered tomorrow.
These guys don't realise the value of time.
This was a 6" Latex mattress from a brand called SpringTek. Product Link. The delivery guys called on Saturday but I was travelling so they came to deliver it today.

To my shock, the 'package' was partially opened in many places and inside was a completely bare unpacked mattress covered partially with broken plain brown cardboard and this whole thing was covered with those white gunny-sack type of covers. This can't be the cartage for a branded latex mattress, still I thought it must've sagged through the courier services, and I helped the delivery guys haul it into the house.

While ordering, all the reviews said the mattress was very well packaged, so I grew skeptical about the horrible packaging. I peaked inside the package through one of the holes, just to find that the mattress wasn't 6" at all, it might have been 4" max, covered with a mattress protector. I can be sure as I currently have a 5" latex mattress that measures to almost 7" with the mattress protector. Being certain that it should NOT be this thin, I didn't accept delivery & sent it back.

Btw, Flipkart tracking still says that it is scheduled to be delivered on 20th November! However I'm not sure what happens next.

Edit : Posted here as I can't find a few of the old reviews that were there in the product listing till last week!

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 5th November 2018 at 18:35. Reason: Posted here coz I can't find the old reviews of the product anymore!
Old 6th November 2018, 11:01   #205
BHPian

From all the above experiences shared, it gives me a feeling that Cash on Delivery is a safer option while buying online, you may lose out on few bucks as discounts and cashback but atleast the onus is on the E-tailer to deliver your order in time without following up.

The other aspect which makes me wary about buying online nowadays is how do we trust that we are getting original genuine branded stuff and not the first copies?

One thing these online portals should realize that its not just the discounts that are bringing customers to online shopping but Trust and Quality is something which people are looking for. The moment they deviate from both of these, the downturn will start. Anyways most of the E-tailers are not making money (not likely to make in the near future as well), these unethical practices will dampen their chances of breaking even.
Old 6th November 2018, 12:01   #206
BANNED

Remember Flipkart is an aggregator and no more. It is effectively a group marketing exercise.

According to a survey, the maximum cheating in on Perfumes in all of them.
Old 9th November 2018, 16:05   #207
BHPian

Scam Alert : Lucky Draw from Flipkart : With complete Order details

Hi All,

This is not related to the malpractices thread, but is more of a Scam alert from a fake Flipkart caller.

I have received a call from number 7033497670 stating to be a Flipkart executive, who happily informed me that due to my recent order on Flipkart, I had been selected for a lucky draw and have won the 1st Prize - a Tata Safari Car ! Alternately, I could choose to get Rs.12,80,000 in my bank account.

The catch - I have to deposit Rs.8,500 as processing fees ( which in later
calls changed to Income Tax charges ) in the following bank account of Bharat Kumar - SBI - 37941306231. The bank details were received over SMS from above mentioned mobile number. I asked him, why account name is Bharat Kumar, he confidently replied that Bharat Kumar is the Head of Director a.k.a the MD of Flipkart and to reduce tax, the fund is collected in this account.

The caller repeatedly called and warned of losing the "prize" for my stupidity, till the last call wherein I asked him to bugger off.

What really got to me was that the caller had my full personal details : Name, Address, my exact order, the order amount et all !!

This to me is a big big data leak at Flipkart, else how could anybody have my full details.

Posting the phone number, bank account etc here for the benefit of all and also sending a mail to Flipkart over the same.

To add : I have purchased multiple items from Flipkart over the years and have not had any untoward incident with them (barring the above) and am overall happy with their delivery and deals.

Last edited by Bapu : 9th November 2018 at 16:11. Reason: added
Old 9th November 2018, 16:11   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scam Alert : Lucky Draw from Flipkart : With complete Order details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
Hi All,

This is not related to the malpractices thread, but is more of a Scam alert from a fake Flipkart caller.

I have received a call from number 7033497670 stating to be a Flipkart executive, who happily informed me that due to my recent order on Flipkart, I had been selected for a lucky draw and have won the 1st Prize - a Tata Safari Car ! Alternately, I could choose to get Rs.12,80,000 in my bank account.
This is certainly not new. My subordinate received this call around a couple of years ago. Matter was same, Tata Safari or cash in bank!
I don't remember if they had her order history but your post reminded me of the same. She even called FK customer care to confirm
Old 9th November 2018, 16:30   #209
BANNED

@saket77; @@Bapu; What you are reporting to be is a very objectionable practice bordering on fraud. Did you take it up with the management. Maybe they need to tighten up procedures to avoid recurrence.
Old 9th November 2018, 17:12   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Remember Flipkart is an aggregator and no more. It is effectively a group marketing exercise.
There is a latest court hearing(I can find the details if needed) where the court has explicitly said that the platform's responsibility is not limited to connecting the buyer and seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@saket77; @@Bapu; What you are reporting to be is a very objectionable practice bordering on fraud. Did you take it up with the management. Maybe they need to tighten up procedures to avoid recurrence.
I don't think you understood, Someone has access to their order details and is trying to scam them. Calling the Management(Flipkart) will do no good, Alternatively OP can raise a police complaint.

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks