Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2007, 21:06   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak View Post
Most of the time I keep AC to recirculate position as it cools car faster! I'll do it at once and If it fails then probably I need to see an ophthalmologist.
I do that most of the time too... never had this problem.
Old 17th January 2007, 21:12   #17
BHPian

Wiping the spectacle lenses with alcohol or strong detergents could damage the anti-glare coatings on the glass.
It is very weird to hear that the moisture deposits on the spectacle glass in rains.
I encounter problems of moisture blurring the windshield (from inside) and only switching on the A/c (I keep the blower in minimum – cool to middle - fresh air) solves the problem… but sometimes my family find it too cold inside. Switching on the heater aggravates the moisture deposits instead of helping as I have experienced.
Old 17th January 2007, 21:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Why don't you wipe your glasses with a drop of alcohol or better still, that liquid you get to wipe your windshield on the inside. I forget what it's called.
RAIN-X i guess thats what your talking about.
Old 17th January 2007, 22:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Even I wear specs, and experience fogging only when I get out of the car.
But I do have another problem. I ride a bike to and from college everyday, even during the rains. I also wear a helmet. My problem is, while riding during the rains, my glasses as well as the helmet visor fogs even if I breathe. A way around this is to keep the helmet visor "open" all the time, but it results in the rain lashing my face and specs. Also I have to then keep wiping the glasses with my hand from time to time.
Old 18th January 2007, 02:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Even I wear specs, and experience fogging only when I get out of the car.
But I do have another problem. I ride a bike to and from college everyday, even during the rains. I also wear a helmet. My problem is, while riding during the rains, my glasses as well as the helmet visor fogs even if I breathe. A way around this is to keep the helmet visor "open" all the time, but it results in the rain lashing my face and specs. Also I have to then keep wiping the glasses with my hand from time to time.
i have heard of helmets designed to expel the breath, and prevent fogging, probably used by snowmobilers. not sure if indian helmet makers have done anything like this.

on the car, I never keep my car CHILLING, i like moderate temperatures. Still I get fogging on the windows and windshield, but never on glasses (probably because it is warmer than other surfaces).
Old 18th January 2007, 10:17   #21
BHPian

This problem exist only in Monsoon when I drive the car with AC on all the time to presvent the moisture on the windshield. This exist for some time when I get down from the car.
I am not sure if this has something to do with the direction of the AC vents.
Old 18th January 2007, 11:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
My problem is, while riding during the rains, my glasses as well as the helmet visor fogs even if I breathe.
Quote:
Switching on the heater aggravates the moisture deposits instead of helping as I have experienced.
That happens to me and everyone else and reason is obvious,i need not go into detail.
Being a doc when i wear mask in operation theatre i do get fogging on my specs due to breathing but to prevent it i just wear it under the nose.
In summer this problem should not happen inside the car but in winter sbasak can just roll down one of window,left rear if travelling alone,just to maintain ineer and ouetr temp almost at same range.
Other solution is to keep the specs glass as dry as possible before sitting in car and best thing for this is to use a piece of liner cloth that comes with specs in case.
Old 18th January 2007, 11:53   #23
BHPian

Have been driving for a good 12 years, no such issues...
Yes, there is a good chance it happens when you step out on a hot/humid day...

There are some anti-glare glasses on which the moisture just disappears. If you are ready to shell out something like 3k+, it is a good option...

Where do you stay, appears like your car is really getting burnt ...

-Neel
Old 24th January 2007, 02:12   #24
BANNED

Driving with specticles.

Hey all,
I have specs, and yes the glass fogs up when ever i go from a cold area to a warmer one ,like when i get out from my air-conditioned car into the hot sun.
I am unable to see any thing until i clean my glass lenses.
It is annoying some times, and i wish i had some sort of a wiper or a de-fogger on my frame.
any way its faith i have to live with it.
Cheers.
Old 24th January 2007, 11:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

This was a thread that I never paid attention to because I've never used spectacles.

That situation changed as of yesterday and I'm now busy trying to catch up on all the stuff written here.
Old 24th January 2007, 11:12   #26
BANNED

Try antifog treatments

Riding a with a helmet & specs in sub zero temperatures, means 3 surfaces that can fog up. I try to wear contacts, but sometimes I get lazy.

For my helmet visor, and my specs, I have used antifog treatments, and it works pretty well. Its called cat crap. There are others available as well. This stuff really works.
Amazon.com: Cat Crap Anti-Fog (Cat Crap): Sports & Outdoors

-Prasadee
Old 1st February 2007, 00:16   #27
BHPian

Hey Sbasak,
Are you directing the wents towards your face?That may lead to your problem of condensation.
DO NOT use alcohol/soap/any cleaning agents if you have plastic lenses.Good old running tap water is best (thats what the specs shop guys tell me every six months when I change my plastic lenses)

Most Viewed