Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2019, 12:52   #1
BHPian

Zefo: Good website to buy factory seconds & used products

Good morning!

I came across ZEFO an online market that offer a range of factory seconds & used goods. They even have physical stores in 3 metros.

Zefo: Good website to buy factory seconds & used products-zefo.png

Have any Bhp-ians used this? Any pointers while trying out this stores?

What I found interesting
- They highlight the damage clearly in the pics, you can choose an item after assessing the damage.
- Mildly used or heavily used is categorized.

I am exploring the possibility of buying a second washing machine for large rugs, bedspreads, I prefer a semi automatic in the interest of conserving water. Hence the favouring a used one, that is when i came across ZEFO.

I was searching TBhp hoping to find a review. If there are other leads, other than olx, used but certified, please do share.
Thanks!
Old 6th February 2019, 12:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Zefo: Good website to buy factory seconds & used products

I have seen many factory rejects stores come and go.
Frankly, I have made quite well use of it and got consumer electrical goods at extremely good price having only minor cosmetic issues.

However, you need to watch out who fulfills the warranty / gaurantee. If it is not the manufacturer commitment then you run the risk of approaching the ZEFO store for addressing the defects. In case ZEFO goes financially bust by then, then you are on your own paying for costly parts/service from the manufacturer.

Last edited by alpha1 : 6th February 2019 at 13:01.
Old 6th February 2019, 21:20   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Have used Zefo (https://www.gozefo.com) for buying furniture a couple of times, and would highly recommend them. Had been to their Gurugram warehouse, and the stocks are huge, and prices very attractive. They sell both factory fresh slightly damaged 'seconds' stuff as well as refurbished used furniture. Also offer buyback & exchange schemes for the furniture. In case of transportation damage, they also send a carpenter for pretty good repair jobs.

Not sure if I'd use them for buying electronics and such.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 6th February 2019 at 21:21.
Old 6th February 2019, 21:58   #4
BHPian

Had seen some ads at my previous apartment complex in electronic city, B'lore. I think they have a warehouse on that part of the city. Looks like a good business model. Where do they get those different degrees of used products from to possibly fix-up a bit, do a little touch-up and sell again for decent profits?
Old 6th February 2019, 22:58   #5
Team-BHP Support

I bought used furniture from GoZefo.com couple of years back. Think of GoZefo.com as OLX with a middleman, nice website and lots of relevant photographs.

- All minor defects are highlighted beforehand with clear photos, so there won't be any surprises.
- You can buy online with a credit card or pay cash on delivery.
- Shipping and packaging is taken care of by GoZefo.
- They have a buyback policy too. You can sell furniture back to GoZefo
Old 6th February 2019, 23:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

The VC Sequoia capital has had some legendary success in the past. Read - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequoia_Capital

The list of companies from India - https://www.sequoiacap.com/india/companies/
Old 7th February 2019, 11:52   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Zefo: Good website to buy factory seconds & used products

Hey, many thanks for sharing & to other BHPians for the recommendations. Was looking for some cheap electronics & furniture for a holiday home in Deolali that we don't visit that often, yet Mum is keen on retaining. Best part is, Zefo has an experience center at Bhiwandi which is on the way to Deolali.

Zefo: Good website to buy factory seconds & used products-capture.jpg
Source & Address
Old 7th February 2019, 11:58   #8
BHPian

Even I've bought a refrigerator from them for our office canteen a couple of years back. Happy to report - its running absolutely fine.
Old 7th February 2019, 12:05   #9
BHPian

Brought some furniture from them couple of months back. Like Smartcat said, all defects were clearly displayed so had no nasty surprises when the furniture arrived.

The quality of the furniture though is below expectation, only looks match the description. But then, one cannot really fault the website for that, besides I chose some really cheap options since I just plan to use and throw eventually. Another negative was that the guys who came to assemble the furniture, brought extra long screws (pointed ones), which have protruded slightly in the dining table as well as some dining chairs over time. So, might be a good idea to inspect the assembly process beforehand.

If experience centers are there then it might be a good idea to visit in person. But have to say that the overall experience was quite hassle free and professional.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks