Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2019, 15:15   #1
BHPian

Contributing monetarily to our martyrs

We all must have read about the cowardly attack on our armed forces' convoy which has led to the tragic death of 42 soldiers. It takes a special kind of courage to go and put your life on the line every single day while facing an enemy who has no morals and won't fight you to your face. These were young men mostly from very humble backgrounds. The least we can do is support their families monetarily in this time of grief and crisis.

The ministry of home affairs has set up a website called Bharat ke veer to pay homage and support to our martyrs. Click on the link below and then go to the contributions page.
Link
You can choose to either pay upto Rs.15 lakhs to a single martryr's family or contribute to a corpus fund. Here are the details from the website:
  • You can donate directly to individual braveheart's account (upto max of ₹ 15 lakhs) or may donate to the Bharat Ke Veer corpus.
  • To ensure maximum coverage, a cap of ₹ 15 lakhs is envisaged per braveheart and the donor would be alerted if the amount exceeds ₹ 15 lakhs, so that they can choose to either decrease their contribution or divert part of the contribution to another bravehearts account, or to the Bharat Ke Veer corpus.
  • Bharat Ke Veer corpus would be managed by a commitee made up of eminent persons of repute and senior government officials, in equal number, who would decide to disburse the fund equitably to the bravehearts family on need basis.
Not that it should matter but the contributions are also exempt under section 80(G). NRIs can also contribute and so can international debit/credit card holders.
The pictures and clips of the mourning families are truly heartbreaking. Once the grief passes the realization that their breadwinner is no more is going to hit them. Let us ease their pain in whatever small way we can.

These families truly deserve to know how much the nation values their sacrifice.
Attached Thumbnails
Contributing monetarily to our martyrs-pulwama.jpg  

Last edited by Iyencar : 15th February 2019 at 15:19.
Old 15th February 2019, 16:27   #2
BHPian

Re: Contributing monetarily to our martyrs

Link not loading. Can you check? Tried on Vodafone 4G.
Old 15th February 2019, 16:55   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Link not loading. Can you check? Tried on Vodafone 4G.
Works on desktop. Anyways, the link is https://bharatkeveer.gov.in/

If that doesn't work either, please Google bharat ke veer.
Old 15th February 2019, 19:28   #4
BHPian

Thanks for sharing, was searching for this.

"Connection timeout" and such usual msgs are coming, when the site is not professionally maintained ! Trying my luck to complete a transaction...

(Never forget, never forgive)
Attached Images

Old 15th February 2019, 19:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Works on desktop. Anyways, the link is https://bharatkeveer.gov.in/

If that doesn't work either, please Google bharat ke veer.
I wonder why a separate organization with a separate IT exemption was set up just for this. It has been floated by the DG of the CRPF, whose personnel were killed. Short lived organization as well, as the goal is to raise 15 lakh per jawan who was killed in the attack, and after that, it has to change its mandate or be wound up. Or possibly it can be used for jawans who pass away on duty in other incidents as well.

As it is, https://ndf.gov.in/ - the national defence fund of India - has been around for decades. Its aim is precisely this, to contribute to "the welfare of the members of the Armed Forces (including Para Military Forces) and their dependents".

That said, please definitely contribute to this cause. I've done so as well.

Last edited by hserus : 15th February 2019 at 19:38.
Old 15th February 2019, 19:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
Thanks for sharing, was searching for this.

"Connection timeout" and such usual msgs are coming, when the site is not professionally maintained ! Trying my luck to complete a transaction...

(Never forget, never forgive)
It is working fine (at least for now), I just contributed.
Old 15th February 2019, 19:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj View Post
It is working fine (at least for now), I just contributed.
I am seeing mostly DNS timeouts, and some payment gateway issues. I suppose the sudden rush / extra load of citizens eager to contribute has temporarily overloaded their infrastructure.

Try again, or if it still doesnt work, wait two or three days and then contribute if you are unable to now. I had to load the site 2-3 times before I was able to make a contribution.
Old 15th February 2019, 20:05   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I am seeing mostly DNS timeouts, and some payment gateway issues. I suppose the sudden rush / extra load of citizens eager to contribute has temporarily overloaded their infrastructure.

Try again, or if it still doesnt work, wait two or three days and then contribute if you are unable to now. I had to load the site 2-3 times before I was able to make a contribution.
Yes I had to struggle a bit too. But once the link loaded it went through very smoothly.
Old 16th February 2019, 17:09   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I wonder why
The way I see it is, while there are Indian Armed Forces (4 wings, including coast guard), the others and especially CRPF is not on par with armed forces in getting benefits. These units are mere (not belittling) armed police forces but work in a similar situation as that of the army in most cases. There is a huge disparity in the monetary benefits these central armed police forces get in comparison to armed forces.
Old 16th February 2019, 17:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
There is a huge disparity in the monetary benefits these central armed police forces get in comparison to armed forces.
Yes that is entirely possible so it makes sense for CRPF to do their own fund raising in such a case.
Old 17th February 2019, 01:25   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

While I tried today initially with Bharat Ke Veer & the website was down, I went with NDF website which hserus shared. May not have contributed if I had not seen it - shared it my groups as well and a little annoyed the reaponse was below average.

However, I am happy to make a small contribution compared to their (Jawans') selfless contributions to the nation.
Old 17th February 2019, 04:21   #12
BHPian

Paytm has a link on its android app.
Here is the tweet.

https://twitter.com/Paytm/status/1096513026402988033

From HMO Office twitter handle
https://twitter.com/HMOIndia/status/1096791289696317441
Quote:
It is also reported that some unscrupulous elements are soliciting contributions from people through other accounts.
It is advised that people desirous of supporting families of martyrs of CAPFs should only contribute through the website - http://bharatkeveer.gov.in
How to contribute
Contributing monetarily to our martyrs-crpf.jpg

Additionally if you have an SBI account, you can donate via the SBI page.
As per this tweet by Mr Rahul Kaushik screen shot below
Contributing monetarily to our martyrs-photo20190217002511.jpg

Reliance Industries is doing its part
Contributing monetarily to our martyrs-reliance-foundation.jpg

This is how the receipt will look
Contributing monetarily to our martyrs-dzd7fvev4aahefm.jpg

Very pleased to see common citizens and important people doing their part to aid the families of the departed souls.

Edit - Advantage of waking up early, was able to log into the site and make my small contribution.

Last edited by Ithaca : 17th February 2019 at 04:35.
Old 17th February 2019, 09:55   #13
BHPian

Hi,

You can also contribute via paytm too to crpf wives welfare association.
Old 17th February 2019, 09:55   #14
BANNED

Seems that the Reliance Foundation, of Mukesh & Nita, is undertaking the entire education of the martyrs children. Thank you Reliance.

This was announced by Mukesh yesterday.

This initiative must be appreciated.
Old 17th February 2019, 11:15   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Very very pleased to see Team BHP members contributing to this just cause. I wish this thread had been read by more than just 1400 members. We Indians love our jawans and we need to embrace them the way the Americans do.

Most Viewed