Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2019, 18:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto

Hey guys,

There's an auto quiz being conducted in Bangalore on the 30th of March (Saturday) at 10:00 am. Inviting all auto enthusiasts to take part in the quiz and win cash prizes. Head to the Facebook events page to register your interest and also for more details on the quiz. Please do register if you are attending to get a count on the total number of participants.

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-mge-post-152.jpg
Old 17th March 2019, 15:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto

Please fill up this registration form to confirm your participation:

Link

Looking forward to seeing you guys there
Old 30th March 2019, 22:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

We had a really good turnout today for the quiz in Bangalore. Thanks to everyone who took time off to attend the quiz and Madhus for hosting the quiz and their attention to detail.

Here are some pics of the event:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_1015.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_20190330_115943.jpg

A full house:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_0933.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_0928.jpg

All set for round 2. Tables were re-arranged around the projector screen for the top 5 teams:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_20190330_115912.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_20190330_115933.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_0953.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_0958.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_0973.jpg

Participants explaining the answers:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_0976.jpg

Trying to decode and arrive at the answers:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_0985.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_0984.jpg

Waiting for the answers:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_0986.jpg

Wondering what to do next:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_0987.jpg

Third place winners:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_1002.jpg

Second place winners:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_1005.jpg

The winners of the quiz, Team JDM:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_1010.jpg

Congrats to all the winners.

Last edited by ChiragM : 30th March 2019 at 23:00.
Old 30th March 2019, 23:14   #4
BHPian

Big thanks to Chirag and Madhus for hosting the quiz, all of us had a great time! We had a turnout of around 25 participants, which isn't bad for the first quiz.

Nikhil and SunnyBoi secured the first place (sab mile jule hain). Bhpian sleeperwagon and I were a team and we held up really well, only until the last two rounds though, we lost out real bad on the audio round. Dang! Gotta watch more of F1 now!

Overall, I had a great time being a participant and also getting to know more about Nikhil's H22 Civic.
Old 31st March 2019, 18:53   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

This was a surprise turn of events. I had no intention of participating as I thought I would be busy with work that day.The previous day, Chirag messaged me asking if I am taking part. I then messaged Sunnyboi asking if he was up for it. He was and we went for it.

Since we were hosting it in my office, I was in touch with Chirag asking about the numbers as I had to prepared the chairs, tables, tea, coffee and snacks accordingly. Chirag initially was expecting around 20 people. Later this went up to 25 and then on the day of the quiz, it was a full house! The energy was palpable as the quiz began.

What I really enjoyed was the energy in the room. All the other participants were really excited and it seemed like they were enjoying it as well.

Sunny and I were selected for the finals and we were surprised that we had scored the highest in the first round.

The final part of the quiz consisted of 5 rounds. I havent taken part in any quizzes in over 8 years and I really enjoyed the format that Chirag and Vikas had thought of. The questions were not simple and were quite difficult. Many of the questions werent just about knowledge but about our ability to think analytically and connect various clues.

I especially loved the "pounce" option. What it meant was that if a team thought they knew the answer a question directed at another team, they could shout out POUNCE and then write their answer on a piece of paper. Chirag and Vikas would come and check and award +20 BHP if it was correct and -10 if it was wrong!

Though we won at the end, we never relaxed throughout. The other teams were in close competition to us all the time and we simply couldnt afford to relax.

I was a fool not to listen to Sunnyboi a couple of times. Two notable misses: Lancia Fulvia and the Lexus LF-A. If not for Sunnyboi I wouldnt have been a part of the winning team. He got most of the critical answers correct.

The final round was quite innovative. There were 5 clues and depending on how many clues you needed to get the answer, you were awarded either 100, 80, 60, 40 or 20 BHP. I honestly would have gotten the correct answer only at the 4th or 5th clue but Sunny got it at 3rd Clue itself which ensured that our lead remained intact.

For me, it was a lot of nostalgia and I really felt like a college kid again competing in quizzes.

Kudos to Vikas and Chirag for conducting this and I hope thye continue to conduct such quizzes in Bangalore and other cities. What was encouraging was that the other participants also were keen for a repeat of this quiz.

Attaching some pictures below.

The men behind the show: Chirag and Vikas

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-20190330_105828.jpg

A full house!
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-20190330_105805.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-20190330_105812.jpg

All winners!

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-20190330_131154.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-20190330_131218.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-20190330_131243.jpg
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 21:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

It was a close competition among all the 11 teams. The final score sheet of the second round shows how close the top 5 teams were to each other. Nail-biting finish indeed.

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-img_20190403_210130-2.jpg
Old 12th August 2019, 15:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Auto Quiz in Bangalore on August 17

The Auto Quiz is back in Bangalore on August 17 for all automotive and quizzing enthusiasts in the city. Head to the Facebook event's page for more details.

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-67254678_10214664240412938_4017811252502855680_o.jpg
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto

A good turnout again for the second quiz. There were people who had come just to see the quiz and support some participants. Some of the participants felt that the quiz was tougher than the first one, but everyone enjoyed the questions, which made them think and get the answer.

Here are some of the pictures from the quiz:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-1.jpg

Participants waiting for the quiz to start:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-2.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-3.jpg

Going through the prelims questions:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-4.jpg

All set for round 2:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-5.jpg

Teams who qualified for the second round:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-6.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-7.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-8.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-9.jpg

Explaining the rules:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-10.jpg

Breaking their heads to get the answer:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-11.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-12.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-13.jpg

BHPians ajmat, Prathiiik, Nikhilb2008 and SunnyBoi:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-14.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-15.jpg

Audience:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-16.jpg

Connect question:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-17.jpg

The hosts:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-18.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-19.jpg

Third place winners:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-20.jpg

Second place winners:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-21.jpg

Winners of the quiz, Team JDM:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-ae-22.jpg
Old 23rd December 2019, 11:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

The Auto Quiz is back for the third time on 4th Jan 2020 in Bangalore. Head to the Facebook event's post for more details. Inviting all auto enthusiasts to take part in the quiz and win cash prizes. Please do register if you are attending.

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-chirag_auto-esperto.jpg

Last edited by ChiragM : 23rd December 2019 at 11:21.
Old 2nd February 2020, 19:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

The third quiz clashed with the holiday season and hence did not see a huge turnout. However, the quizzing was equally good, or maybe even better and the teams were evenly matched. In fact, at the end of the quiz, the top 3 teams finished with the same total points. Additional questions were used to pick a winner among the three teams.

The score card shows the close finish to the quiz:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-quiz-3.png

The start of the quiz:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-dsc_0738.jpg

The top 5 teams:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-dsc_0764.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-dsc_0750.jpg

Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-dsc_0751.jpg

Thanks to their quick responses, Team JDM won again :
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-dsc_0784.jpg

Second place winners:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-dsc_0789.jpg

Third place winners included BHPian sai_ace:
Essence - The Auto Quiz in Bangalore. EDIT : Now called Auto Esperto-dsc_0793.jpg
Old 27th February 2020, 07:28   #11
BHPian

Late to reply, but nevertheless have to reply.

It was a wonderful Saturday and also a great way to catch up with folks. I love quizzes and this one was up there in terms of the Questions and variety. Also thanks to Nikhil for the space and the hospitality.

@chirag - please plan more of these quizzes and please do ditch the buzzer format.
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 09:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
@chirag - please plan more of these quizzes and please do ditch the buzzer format.
This was the first quiz you attended. I NEVER have the buzzer format. Prefer other rounds that make the quiz more challenging and interesting.

It so happened that I was forced to introduce this as three teams tied for the first spot. Will plan better next time to ensure that I am prepared for such eventualities.

Thanks

Most Viewed