Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2014, 12:37   #2011
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Yes. He can't say cycle yet. He calls it 'kal'. Kal is his second favorite timepass (the first being car ride, after all he is my son ).

I got this from the US. I couldn't find anything similar in India. Decathalon has a child seat, but it fits at the back not in the front. For a kid of his age I thought a seat in the front is more safer.

http://www.decathlon.in/cycling/acce...d/p-234034.htm
I have been using the same seat (wee ride LTD) for the past two months and it is quite good. I got it from Amazon US for $75 (including shipping), of course shipped to US address.

Before that I had ibert seat for close to 2 years (which I am planning to sell now). If you are planning to buy a seat, buy a front seat as it helps to interact with the kid during the ride. I have been taking my kid since 13 months (he will be 4 yrs in 4 months) and I tell you it is one the best experience you can get.
Old 8th August 2014, 14:05   #2012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I have three prolapsed discs (a couple in rather bad shape). After good back exercises, I've cycled happily on a roadie / hybrid for hours (century ride etc). Mind you I'm a centurion in weight.

If your back / core is decently strong, you can even get a roadie right away.
Thanks for the response. It is not for serious biking. My son wants me to accompany him when he goes cycling around the colony. I suppose a bike with handle bar higher than saddle (less bending) and with rear suspension will help, right? I do not need gears.
Old 8th August 2014, 14:32   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Thanks for the response. It is not for serious biking. My son wants me to accompany him when he goes cycling around the colony. I suppose a bike with handle bar higher than saddle (less bending) and with rear suspension will help, right? I do not need gears.
Depends. I hate such contraptions. I would much rather suggest this - http://www.decathlon.in/cycling/cycl...e/p-245476.htm anything lesser is too tacky, and unreliable.

please - no bikes with rear suspension.

although if u will only ride as you are claiming, then the hero jet etc will do you job, but are too clunky. ideally the mybike is the cheapest modern bike u should ride.
Old 8th August 2014, 20:47   #2014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
I was in similar situation 2-3 weeks ago. Almost finalized FF Rapide but after hearing issues with spare parts availability gave it a miss. Went with Montra Blues 1.1. Believe me, Montra is at par compared to other premium brands. I am thoroughly enjoying my new ride I would suggest you to consider Montra.
Quote:
SCAM ALERT: DO not deal with http://www.olx.in/userlistings/Hitechsportbikes

Thieves they are!
http://www.consumercomplaints.in/olx...ipment-c920731

EDIT:

Firefox road runner is quite nice so is montra. cant go wrong with either. i've posted earlier about both
Thanks for the suggestion. I went for a test today with firefox road runner. My built is 6'2" and so a 19.5' frame did not well with my height. The 21' target and sniper of hardtail made more sense. But now it is priced at more than 20k. I wanted to keep it less than 20k. How is btwin rock rider of L frame? Online it is available at sports365 at 14k only.
Old 8th August 2014, 23:00   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Depends. I hate such contraptions. I would much rather suggest this - http://www.decathlon.in/cycling/cycl...e/p-245476.htm anything lesser is too tacky, and unreliable.

please - no bikes with rear suspension.

although if u will only ride as you are claiming, then the hero jet etc will do you job, but are too clunky. ideally the mybike is the cheapest modern bike u should ride.
Your suggested bike looks very good. Will check out at local Decathlon. Why are you against bikes with rear suspension? The ones with shock absorbers on the seat post seem very good option.

Got a Firefox Mach+ for my son. Looks much better than the Heros and Atlases around. So I am not keen on Hero.
Old 9th August 2014, 00:01   #2016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I went for a test today with firefox road runner. My built is 6'2" and so a 19.5' frame did not well with my height. The 21' target and sniper of hardtail made more sense. But now it is priced at more than 20k. I wanted to keep it less than 20k. How is btwin rock rider of L frame? Online it is available at sports365 at 14k only.
No idea about sizing of btwin frames (check the site) but they are good VFM and decent quality mostly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Your suggested bike looks very good. Will check out at local Decathlon. Why are you against bikes with rear suspension? The ones with shock absorbers on the seat post seem very good option.

Got a Firefox Mach+ for my son. Looks much better than the Heros and Atlases around. So I am not keen on Hero.
I hate that crap. Why?
http://freerider.in/drupal/General/C...n#BuyingAdvice answers most of it. your doubts are quite natural!
Old 9th August 2014, 13:25   #2017
Senior - BHPian

I just gave a call to sports365.in to understand the frame size in inches for L size of Btwin RR 5.1 but the respective lady and the gentleman did not have any idea about the right frame size of the Btwin cycle and cut the phone by giving the lousy answer that it is not the one you are looking for. do anyone can suggest if L size of RR 5.1 is 19.5" or 21'
Old 9th August 2014, 17:01   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I just gave a call to sports365.in to understand the frame size in inches for L size of Btwin RR 5.1 but the respective lady and the gentleman did not have any idea about the right frame size of the Btwin cycle and cut the phone by giving the lousy answer that it is not the one you are looking for. do anyone can suggest if L size of RR 5.1 is 19.5" or 21'
Why don't you give call to decathlon store in Bangalore? Those guys should be able to answer. If not, you could request them to measure it for one of their bicycles that would be in stock.

http://stores.decathlon.in/decathlon...ndia/karnataka
Old 11th August 2014, 17:43   #2019
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone use a seat post mounted rear muguard? With the monsoon in full swing, looking for a way to save my jersey from muck.

Also any short handle bar end recommended for MTBs? I know they were in great demand years ago. Don't see them these days.
Old 12th August 2014, 10:59   #2020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Does anyone use a seat post mounted rear muguard? With the monsoon in full swing, looking for a way to save my jersey from muck.

Also any short handle bar end recommended for MTBs? I know they were in great demand years ago. Don't see them these days.
As per my observations, the plastic mud-guards are not very useful. Have seen those on my friends bike and still the mud/water is propelled up to your head. I think the full cover metal mud guards are the best choice during monsoon. Though they doesn't look good, they serve the purpose. Have seen many cyclist in Pune installed these on racing bikes during monsoon.
Old 14th August 2014, 11:03   #2021
Senior - BHPian

I am finally nailing down Btwin Riverside 3. it is available at playmore.in at 25634 and getting it at 23k from sports365.in in snapdeal but the problem is that they don't ship to my place. the only option is to negotiate with decathlon store to courier cycle to my place.
Old 19th August 2014, 17:36   #2022
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Experts I need a small advice. I am in the market to buy my first bicycle so I don't have much idea about which one to select and how. I am basically looking for something comfortable for my 6 foot frame, something that will be light on pocket as I don't intend to use it extensively.

I am looking for a basic bicycle that will be easy to ride and VFM, I can always upgrade to a better one in the coming months. I am getting a slightly used Suncross Xtreme Force for approx 10K. Should I take the plunge? How good are Suncross bikes? Never heard of them. Any other options that I should consider?
Old 19th August 2014, 18:57   #2023
Senior - BHPian

Anyone interested to try this:
http://www.santosking.com/tourdekerala/eventdetails.php

Only a 90km ride, single day, fully supported, multiple package options and beautiful country side (I hail from from this part of Kerala). Issue is transporting bike to & from Kochi.
Old 19th August 2014, 19:02   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Experts I need a small advice. I am in the market to buy my first bicycle
Rockrider should be in your budget of 10K. I recommend visiting the big Decathlon store in Wagholi on Pune Nagar highway. You can take rides within the store there so see the fit.
Old 20th August 2014, 01:37   #2025
BHPian

hey guys, any opinions on the LA Soverign Backbone XL (2012 model)? http://www.choosemybicycle.com/in/en...12/Price-India

I am 6'3 and slightly on the heavier side at 105kg. The Backbone XL comes with a 21" frame which is ideal for my build but there is also a large (19.5") Btwin Riverside 3 am considering since it fits into my budget. I am a lot comfortable riding the LA Soverign because of the frame size but confused because Btwin for sure is a better brand. What do you guys think?

Last edited by raamki : 20th August 2014 at 01:43. Reason: typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks