Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 18:40   #256
BHPian

Did a full round trip yesterday from Bannerghatta road, Jayanagar, JP Nagar, Kanakapura, NICE road, Mysore Road, Outer Ring Road, Banashankari and Back to Jayanagar, close to 45 km. My friend has got a speedometer and odometer (electromagnetic one) and we could measure precisely. The ride on that part of outer ring road and Banashankari was very taxing because of enourmously high slopes.
Old 28th July 2008, 18:52   #257
Senior - BHPian

Bicycle Seats and Impotence
Old 29th July 2008, 09:10   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Hmm... that's an important area to protect . Will keep it in mind. BTW how does the RoadPro feel? Pics anytime soon?
I have had some problems with the gear shifting and intend to take it to the dealer for a quick service. I have clicked only a couple of pictures as of now and the camera is at home. Damn! I forget to bring it to work. Will post the pictures today from home.
Old 29th July 2008, 11:21   #259

After going through all these posts, was totally caught by the cycle wave; I got myself a Hercules AXN 6 Speed. (3,800/-) It’s a pretty decent bike with all basic stuff; this does not have shock absorbers.
I have started traveling to office which is about 8 Kms, today is my second day.
Old 29th July 2008, 11:45   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay DL View Post
After going through all these posts, was totally caught by the cycle wave; I got myself a Hercules AXN 6 Speed. (3,800/-) It’s a pretty decent bike with all basic stuff; this does not have shock absorbers.
I have started traveling to office which is about 8 Kms, today is my second day.
Congratulations! Welcome to freedom It'll feel tough for a couple of days - take it real easy - and soon you'll be beating your times on all other modes of transport.
Old 29th July 2008, 21:42   #261
BHPian

Here are pictures of the RoadPro 2200 that I purchased recently.
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-roadpro_001_small_size.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-roadpro_002_small_size.jpg  

Old 29th July 2008, 21:48   #262
Senior - BHPian

wow man, it looks awesome. I used to ride the first gen atlas concorde with a free wheel on one side and a fix wheel on one side of the rear tyre. There wernt any gears available at that time though Bought the concorde pro 5 as soon as it was released and also the hero ranger (was for rs 875 and i spent 750 bucks to get sun race gears added on to make it a 5 speed) wasnt a common thing those days 89-90 so enjoyed a lot of exclusivity.

Fantastic bike bro, wish u miles of enjoyable biking . Hope the gear thing has been sorted out now.
Old 30th July 2008, 10:29   #263
BHPian

WanderlustIndia, did you paint those rims yourself, or it came like that? Looks good.
Old 30th July 2008, 12:40   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
WanderlustIndia, did you paint those rims yourself, or it came like that? Looks good.
The rims came like that. Everything is retained stock.
Old 30th July 2008, 12:41   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
wow man, it looks awesome. I used to ride the first gen atlas concorde with a free wheel on one side and a fix wheel on one side of the rear tyre. There wernt any gears available at that time though Bought the concorde pro 5 as soon as it was released and also the hero ranger (was for rs 875 and i spent 750 bucks to get sun race gears added on to make it a 5 speed) wasnt a common thing those days 89-90 so enjoyed a lot of exclusivity.

Fantastic bike bro, wish u miles of enjoyable biking . Hope the gear thing has been sorted out now.
Thanks sammyboy for your kind words. The gear thing is not yet resolved, I haven't had the time to take it back to the dealer yet. Should be done this weekend.
Old 30th July 2008, 13:46   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Thanks sammyboy for your kind words. The gear thing is not yet resolved, I haven't had the time to take it back to the dealer yet. Should be done this weekend.
There is not much complications in these gears, except for a few things:
  1. Does the chain touch any other parts of the cycle when the chain is on the two ends of the gears? Unlikely as the bolts and washers maintain the required gap.
  2. Does the chain fall off from the first and last gear or have difficulty in reaching the first and last gears? If yes, there are two screws each of which control the maximum limit the chain is allowed to slide on either the first or the last. Adjust each one so that the chain can reach the gear but not to fall off. In most cases, one screw will have to be almost fully driven inside while the other will have to be almost fully driven out.
That is it.
Old 30th July 2008, 13:50   #267
Team-BHP Support

Just be a little careful with the adjustments.

If the chain falls between the biggest gear wheel and the Tire it can get stuck.
To prevent this you get a plastic guard that is missing on your bike.

something like this
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-frenchuo8bluerearhubderailleurcloseuphalf.jpg  

Last edited by bblost : 30th July 2008 at 13:53.
Old 12th August 2008, 22:38   #268
Senior - BHPian

A friend and I picked up cycles yesterday. My friend picked up a Firefox Dart and I picked up a Raleigh M200x.

Had a blast riding around Hiranandani. Ill post some pictures soon.
Old 12th August 2008, 23:22   #269
BHPian

@khanak, i was contemplating between the Dart & the cyclone and looks like i will settle with the later. Nice bike the Dart is - Enjoy your ride.

If it's OK can you let me know how much you paid for the Dart. The dealer here was quoting 7k including vat but people have bought for as less as 6k. The advertised price is 6.7k.
Old 12th August 2008, 23:28   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
@khanak, i was contemplating between the Dart & the cyclone and looks like i will settle with the later. Nice bike the Dart is - Enjoy your ride.

If it's OK can you let me know how much you paid for the Dart. The dealer here was quoting 7k including vat but people have bought for as less as 6k. The advertised price is 6.7k.
My friend paid around 8.5 But then again the dealer who he bought it from didnt come across as the most honest guy so Im not surprised that he paid a little more.

Raleigh is available through Hypercity HypercityArgos - Welcome!

Most Viewed