Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 19:35   #2761
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Require some suggestions for Canondale stores in Blr (preferred) or Hyd.
While my only experience in buying cycles here in Bengaluru has been with 'Pro-Cycle' ( at Indra-Nagar ), I think Cannondale is being sold through 'Track & Trail' here in India.
If you bargain hard, you can get some nice discounts, or better yet, accessories.
Old 27th August 2015, 19:49   #2762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
For the budget you have, you will have lot of options. You can try Cadence90 in Jayanagar for Cannondale, Giant and Marin Bikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
While my only experience in buying cycles here in Bengaluru has been with 'Pro-Cycle' ( at Indra-Nagar ), I think Cannondale is being sold through 'Track & Trail' here in India.
If you bargain hard, you can get some nice discounts, or better yet, accessories.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try and visit them next week if possible.

My preference is:
1. Hybrid or mountain bike
2. XS or S frame (5ft tall)
3. Front shock abs atleast - Bangalore roads are terrible at some places
4. Disc brakes
5. Ladies bike is not a must though the color options are much better in them.

Any other brands/models i should be looking at.
Old 27th August 2015, 20:26   #2763
Senior - BHPian

You can check out the Pro-Bikers store in Chennai. They have a big range of all types of bikes. They will even ship to your home. I bought my bike from there sitting at home.
Old 28th August 2015, 11:52   #2764

Guys,

Please suggest good cycling tracks in or near Bangalore. Is there a cycling group in Bangalore? I stay in Electronics City and would love to know. Thanks in advance.
Old 31st August 2015, 23:12   #2765
BHPian

Hey guys,
Please suggest a good cycle for road use. I'm a college student and stays about 3km away from college. First I thought of taking a motorcycle but decided not to (running costs, exercise, environmental concerns are the reasons). The thing is that the route which I have to take consists of some ups and downs and with moderate traffic.
So, considering a budget of about 15k, which is the best option in hybrid? Do note that I'm pretty short at 175cm.
Also, where in Coimbatore can I get these from?

Cheers
Sreehari

PS - I'm not interested in the aam junta Hurcules or Hero stuff
Old 1st September 2015, 00:05   #2766
Senior - BHPian

I am sure you meant Right Hand Drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
I'm in Sweden, mate. Left hand drive here.
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:00   #2767

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Hey guys,
Please suggest a good cycle for road use. I'm a college student and stays about 3km away from college. First I thought of taking a motorcycle but decided not to (running costs, exercise, environmental concerns are the reasons). The thing is that the route which I have to take consists of some ups and downs and with moderate traffic.
So, considering a budget of about 15k, which is the best option in hybrid? Do note that I'm pretty short at 175cm.
Also, where in Coimbatore can I get these from?

Cheers
Sreehari

PS - I'm not interested in the aam junta Hurcules or Hero stuff
Hello Sreehari,

Given your budget, I would suggest a btwin rockrider-340. I own a rockrider 5.0 (now known as rockrider-300). I am 178 and use a medium size of the 5.0.
Old 2nd September 2015, 21:58   #2768
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
LHD cars are for driving on the right side of the road.
Old 3rd September 2015, 13:11   #2769
Senior - BHPian

Bought myself a Scot Aspect 660, 2015.

Picked it up from Coimbatore, MVS Enterprises. Very very good dealer with immense knowledge about bikes and no trying to push any accessories.

This bike was my choice over the Rockrider from Decathalon.

I am from Coonoor, The Nilgiris. and bike 20kms per day, morning rides. Takes me 1.15 hours, average speed 15kms per hour.

Accesorioes- Scott helmet, cycling shorts, sigma trial blazer.

Now ordered- Wall hanger for bike, cyclocomputer.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1704
Size:  616.5 KB

Last edited by aah78 : 24th September 2019 at 19:56. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 5th September 2015, 07:24   #2770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
LHD cars are for driving on the right side of the road.
I got confused and took wikipedia for help,

Quote:
With a few minor exceptions, each country specifies a uniform road traffic flow: left-hand traffic (LHT), in which traffic keeps to the left side of the road, or right-hand traffic (RHT), in which traffic keeps to the right.[5][6][7]

The terms nearside (or kerbside) and offside (or off-kerb side) are used in some English-speaking countries to refer to the passenger and driver sides (in modern parlance) of a vehicle: the "nearside" is closest to the kerb (in the designated direction of traffic) and the "offside" is closest to the centre of the road.[8][9][10][11] The preceding terms point up "safe" (nearside) and "unsafe" (offside) portions of vehicles for loading and unloading passengers and cargo.

Vehicles are usually manufactured in left-hand drive (LHD) and right-hand drive (RHD) configurations, referring to the placement of the driving seat and controls within the vehicle.[12][13][14] Typically, the placement of the steering wheel is on the offside of the vehicle: LHT countries generally require use of RHD vehicles, and RHT countries generally require use of LHD vehicles. This is to ensure that the driver's line-of-sight is as long as possible down the road beyond leading vehicles, an important safety consideration during overtaking (passing) manoeuvres.

There are LHT countries where most vehicles are LHD (see Caribbean islands below)—and there are some countries with RHT and mostly RHD vehicles, such as Afghanistan, Burma, and the Russian Far East, in the last case due to import of used vehicles from Japan. Many countries permit both types of vehicles on their roads. Terminological confusion may arise from the terms left-hand drive or right-hand drive to indicate the side of the road along which vehicles are driven.

Note: Whatever a given vehicle's driver-side configuration (LHD or RHD—this can vary even within one country, e.g. for special postal delivery vehicles), in all cases local laws mandate the position of travel (RHT or LHT), and traffic code penalties for "driving on the wrong side" are often severe (because of the propensity for catastrophic accidents when a driver fails to observe local law).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-...t-hand_traffic
Old 5th September 2015, 19:13   #2771
Senior - BHPian

So its a tie, I was wrong in mentioning Right Hand "Traffic" in place of Right Hand "Drive" but was right in spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
I got confused and took wikipedia for help,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-...t-hand_traffic
Old 5th September 2015, 21:26   #2772
BANNED

Quote:
So its a tie, I was wrong in mentioning Right Hand "Traffic" in place of Right Hand "Drive" but was right in spirit.

Not really. He said left hand drive and that was correct.
Old 6th September 2015, 20:09   #2773
BHPian

Hi all.

Looking to get a road bike.

I'm returning to bicycling after those school days long time back.

I'm turning 40, weigh 85 kg, 5' 10" tall. Intended usage would be 10 km every day and a once-in-a-week commute to the office 50 km away. (95 % highway).

Budget: around 50k

Had a look at BTwin Triban 3 and 5 at Decathlon here at Hyderabad. Sort of liked the Triban 5.

What's your say? Please suggest any other good alternatives, if the above don't have good reviews here at TBhp.

Also, please suggest ideal frame size for my physique.

Thanks.
Old 6th September 2015, 21:51   #2774
AWD
BHPian

Chainless bikes available in India ? This is the future of cycling, Im keen to get one.
Old 7th September 2015, 03:49   #2775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSree View Post

What's your say? Please suggest any other good alternatives, if the above don't have good reviews here at TBhp.

Also, please suggest ideal frame size for my physique.

Thanks.
Try Schwinn Fastback 3, approx Rs.44k though some dealers discount by a couple of thousand. The components - as can be expected at this price range - are basic, but the frame is actually very good and evokes more confidence on downhills and curves than some bikes that are twice as expensive.

Frame size for you may be 54, but that is purely based on the data provided - it is always best to get yourself fitted out at a professional store first.

One thing about the Schwinn though - it comes with the widest handlebars as standard. I would suggest buying from a local store that will allow you to swap the bars for something that suits your shoulders better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks