Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 08:51   #5356
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by computer View Post
Is it advisable to get a 2018 or 2019 new high end cycle ? Or wait and get a 2021 Model ?
Unless you are into racing, where a few fractions of a second count, it may not matter. A Claris from 2018 will be different from a claris of 2021, assuming the manufacturer actually uses the latest from drive trains. But there is not revolution in the things, only evolution in design. See if the serial numbers are different. Look at the brakes.

And ensure that grease has not dried up. Sometimes, stinginess delivers great VFM.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 16th February 2021 at 08:52.
Old 16th February 2021, 09:00   #5357
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post
My Hardtail MTB, built on 2014 Specialized Pitch Sport frame, mostly used to kill myself in lake beds.
Nice bike! Love those forks.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 09:37   #5358
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful trail! Where exactly is this located in Blor? My Scott is itching to stretch his legs
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post
My Hardtail MTB, built on 2014 Specialized Pitch Sport frame, mostly used to kill myself in lake beds.
Old 16th February 2021, 10:30   #5359
Senior - BHPian

Hi all. I wanted to share with you my new ride. In these hard hit times (for cycling gear) my persistence paid off and I managed to snap up a RC520 from Decathlon online last week. I was actually looking for the Van Rysel CF for double the price range, but since there was absolutely no hope of getting it anytime soon, and having sold off my old, trusty roadie a month back I was getting desperate.
This got delivered at home yesterday afternoon and I managed to set it up and tune it by evening and hurriedly plonked in my old accessories without much thought.
Took her for her Virgin 27 km ride today morning and it's definitely money not wasted; a lot of bike for the money I paid and a good upgrade to my old Triban 5.
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-img_20210216_081129__01.jpg  

roy_libran is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 11:10   #5360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Hi all. I wanted to share with you my new ride. In these hard hit times (for cycling gear) my persistence paid off and I managed to snap up a RC520 from Decathlon online last week.
Congratulations!! Love this bike. How did you manage to snap it up though? I have been patiently refreshing the RC 500 web page for a few months now. Except for a few minutes early in January on a Monday morning, I have not seen the RC500/520 available for delivery to my pincode (Gurgaon).
promit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 11:44   #5361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Congratulations!! Love this bike. How did you manage to snap it up though? I have been patiently refreshing the RC 500 web page for a few months now. Except for a few minutes early in January on a Monday morning, I have not seen the RC500/520 available for delivery to my pincode (Gurgaon).
Persistence!
Used to check Decathlon website (better interface than app) multiple times a day, and used to keep refreshing the chosen road bike listing pages. One RC520 suddenly appeared in stock. By the time I made up my mind, it was again out of stock. Then 5-10 minutes later it came back (maybe someone had added to cart and subsequently deleted) and I immediately snapped it up.

Before the bike was delivered I had a bit of a fear that this might be a display piece or returned from some customer. However, when it came in yesterday, it was evident that this was absolutely spanking new from whichever factory put it together.

Last edited by roy_libran : 16th February 2021 at 11:49.
roy_libran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 12:09   #5362
Senior - BHPian

This is a new colour on this bike. Your wait paid off. Makes it look mature, like a Van Rysel. I had not liked the earlier colours on offer
Quote:
Used to check Decathlon website
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 13:11   #5363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all. I wanted to share with you my new ride.
Nice color!

With regards to the pump, did you get the holder setup along with it or purchase it separately? I have been looking for one, can't seem to find one.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 13:23   #5364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Nice color!

With regards to the pump, did you get the holder setup along with it or purchase it separately? I have been looking for one, can't seem to find one.
Thanks

Here you go: PUMP BRACKET LINK
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 13:26   #5365
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the one from Decathlon itself. Universal Hand Pump Bracket
Jedi.Knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 14:01   #5366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all. I wanted to share with you my new ride. In these hard hit times (for cycling gear) my persistence paid off and I managed to snap up a RC520 from Decathlon online last week. I was actually looking for the Van Rysel CF for double the price range, but since there was absolutely no hope of getting it anytime soon, and having sold off my old, trusty roadie a month back I was getting desperate.
This got delivered at home yesterday afternoon and I managed to set it up and tune it by evening and hurriedly plonked in my old accessories without much thought.
Took her for her Virgin 27 km ride today morning and it's definitely money not wasted; a lot of bike for the money I paid and a good upgrade to my old Triban 5.
Lovely bike Roy! Congratulations. I know the feeling of elation when after serial refreshing the site for days, the model and size you want magically appears, and you manage to snag it and make the payment through the gateway before someone else picks it up!!! A friend recently snagged a Triban RC 120 in the same way.

We have the same pump!

Do indulge us with a slightly longer review please. Would be great coming from an existing roadie rider.

Quote:
Nice color!

I used the same bottle cage screws black Btwin 100 pump holder for this one with a piece of old tube rubber around the pump (Btwin 500) as its metal and plastic body is slightly thinner than the plastic 100 model.

I've now taken that off along with the saddlebag (Velominati code) and have a small kit that goes into the center back pocket of my jersey. Bike looks a lot cleaner and racier.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 16th February 2021 at 14:07.
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 17:16   #5367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Unless you are into racing, where a few fractions of a second count, it may not matter. A Claris from 2018 will be different from a claris of 2021, assuming the manufacturer actually uses the latest from drive trains. But there is not revolution in the things, only evolution in design. See if the serial numbers are different. Look at the brakes.

And ensure that grease has not dried up. Sometimes, stinginess delivers great VFM.
Ok. I am not into racing. Also wanted to know.2018 Scott Foil Ultegra or 2019 Addict SE Di2 ?

The frame on the FOIL is very hard to miss. Bt Addict Di2 s very tempting as well. Which one will be value for money ?
Old 16th February 2021, 18:20   #5368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by computer View Post
Ok. I am not into racing. Also wanted to know.2018 Scott Foil Ultegra or 2019 Addict SE Di2 ?

The frame on the FOIL is very hard to miss. Bt Addict Di2 s very tempting as well. Which one will be value for money ?
Its a cheese and caviar comparison man.

One is a budget entry level carbon bike.

The other is a pro tour superbike.

Cheers, Doc
Old 16th February 2021, 18:47   #5369
BANNED

Electronics on a bicycle makes me uncomfortable. Ever additional piece of machinery exposes me to failure. And electronics?

I prefer being a conservative traditionalist.
Old 16th February 2021, 20:26   #5370
Senior - BHPian

The Bicycles thread-img_20201004_1108202.jpg

@ninjatalli

Cheers, Doc

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks