Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2011, 07:59   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I have the same ID there too. But the guys in there dont have any class with respect to their replies. Some are good. But the majority act as though they are the ultimate authority on cycles. So didn't bother going there with my amateur questions and observations.

I saw a post where they called another person cheap and created some mocking award as the most cheapest person around. That is not a good sign for an online community.

I can give them back in full but like I said they are still low class or no class presently.

And surely no comparison to TBHP man. Even with cycles this one thread is much more beneficial then the know all attitude thrown around on there.
Honestly, you're getting alot of things mixed up on initial impressions. Its no TBHP, but the debate is quite free flowing and cool. No one takes things too personally. They are as generous in helping people, which you somehow have overlooked. BikesZone - Cycling • View topic - Wannabe biker from Cochin or BikesZone - Cycling • View topic - My Bizarre entry into the world of Cycling (Best Newbie award, lol).

As for the cheap - oh well, if someone comes up and wants to pay 15k for a 6 month old well maintained 45k bike, it is plain ludicrous. Some forums ignore it, some forums tell it to you on your face like adults. I mean, if I came and made you an offer like that for your bike, surely you'd be irritated at some level. BZ, shall we say, is a bit more free flowing. Its a bit funny that you call the responses low class, but seem to be okay with such a low offer.

That said, there are people on BZ who're far more devoted to cycling than most here - just as some of us here are complete petrolheads/offroaders etc. Honestly, how many delhi national team cyclists or guys who do a 15km time trial at 45 kph do we have in TBHP? Or guys who do Nandi on a fixed gear? Twice in a day?

It may just be worth to have another look at the forum and think. Honestly, its still horses for courses and it'd only be your loss to not avail that information. Specialization is a good thing.
Old 19th June 2011, 07:10   #722
Senior - BHPian

one quick question.

How do you add your workout in dailymile? Seems I need to update manually every day. Is it the only possibility?

I mean, the endomondo updates itself from my GPS devices. Similarly, any options over here?

EDIT: Seems only Garmin possible. How about my blackberry?

Last edited by mjothi : 19th June 2011 at 07:12.
Old 19th June 2011, 07:45   #723
Senior - BHPian

Thats the major shortcoming of daily mile - nothing you can do about it. But it takes all of 30s to put in the workout. Once in a while, define a new route and that's it.

I just suggest you get used to the interface. the upload is one part - the comments and following others' progress is what is the kicker and gets you hooked.
Old 19th June 2011, 08:04   #724
BHPian

I have not used Daily Mile , but I do update MapmyRide instead. I find it very useful and I am happy with it. Here you can manually map a ride (my feedback is good interface), or upload GPX or TCX file instead. After you create a ride details it post updates onto your linked Facebook / Twitter account as well.

Shortcoming is many of the other riders arent here, so the 'kicker' mentioned above is lacking.

narayanang76
Old 19th June 2011, 11:28   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Wow reading all the posts it does inspire, am just waiting for the monsoon to pass...
Well rains give you a different perspective for enjoying the rides. You shouldn't miss them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
I have not used Daily Mile , but I do update MapmyRide instead. I find it very useful and I am happy with it. Here you can manually map a ride (my feedback is good interface), or upload GPX or TCX file instead. After you create a ride details it post updates onto your linked Facebook / Twitter account as well.

Shortcoming is many of the other riders arent here, so the 'kicker' mentioned above is lacking.

narayanang76
Daily mile does a decent job to share the workouts, gets you motivated (if someone wants you to), track others' progress and sync your workout via Garmin or Nike+. I prefer using micoach for all my GPS syncs (till the time i don't get my Garmin). Then transfer the data onto DM . Never used MapmyRide though.

@phamilyman, I'm Bikram S on DM.

Last edited by bblost : 19th June 2011 at 12:01. Reason: Please use multi quote instead of back 2 back posts. Thanks.
bikxsans660 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2011, 12:04   #726
Senior - BHPian

Folks am all set for a bike, i liked Hercules forgot the model no its with shimon gears costing 10k. what you guys suggest?

Am 6ft tall and at the heavier side, iam looking for a cycle which is tough and easy on maintenance...

I may pick the bike today, am tired of sitting on the fence and waiting
Old 19th June 2011, 12:04   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikxsans660 View Post
Well rains give you a different perspective for enjoying the rides. You shouldn't miss them.

Daily mile does a decent job to share the workouts, gets you motivated (if someone wants you to), track others' progress and sync your workout via Garmin or Nike+. I prefer using micoach for all my GPS syncs (till the time i don't get my Garmin). Then transfer the data onto DM . Never used MapmyRide though.

@phamilyman, I'm Bikram S on DM.
Thanks! I am Narayanan G on DM, just sent a request to you, MJothi!

Cheers
narayanang76
Old 19th June 2011, 18:54   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks am all set for a bike, i liked Hercules forgot the model no its with shimon gears costing 10k. what you guys suggest?
Did you mean the Act 110 or the 110plus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Thats the major shortcoming of daily mile - nothing you can do about it. But it takes all of 30s to put in the workout. Once in a while, define a new route and that's it.

I just suggest you get used to the interface. the upload is one part - the comments and following others' progress is what is the kicker and gets you hooked.
I am happy with the endomondo. Atleast, it takes care of all uploads from my blackberry. I need to start trying out DM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Thanks! I am Narayanan G on DM, just sent a request to you, MJothi!

Cheers
narayanang76
Thanks. Acknowledged.

Last edited by mjothi : 19th June 2011 at 18:57.
Old 19th June 2011, 22:23   #729
Senior - BHPian

I think its Act110...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Did you mean the Act 110 or the 110plus?

I am happy with the endomondo. Atleast, it takes care of all uploads from my blackberry. I need to start trying out DM.

Thanks. Acknowledged.
Old 20th June 2011, 10:38   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think its Act110...
Its a pretty decent bike. Its an hybrid good for commute too.

I think that comes with a steel frames. They are solid, but will raise the weight. Should not harm unless you are looking for those close to a min/sec win in race
Old 20th June 2011, 10:44   #731
BHPian

I picked up a Giant Revel 2 yesterday at the price of 14K. Need a lot of practice as its been quite long since I have peddled but I loved it, will be posting the pics shortly.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:12   #732
BANNED

I need rear view mirrors on my RR 5.2. Any suggestions?

HECK!! I feel like a fish out of water without rearward visibility on our Bangalore roads.

How many are in a similar dilemma?
Old 20th June 2011, 11:13   #733
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

HECK!! I feel like a fish out of water without rearward visibility on our Bangalore roads.

and I keep touching the gear lever, thinking its the horn switch.

I do miss the rear view mirror, but am not gonna install it for now.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:14   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its possible. But you need to cut the handle bar sleeves on corners.

I got 2 of them from France, but did not fix it, since I don't want to cut those
Old 20th June 2011, 11:23   #735
BHPian

I think am gonna need some help from people here . I have been attracted towards full sus bikes and was thinking of buying one . MOst of the nice ones seem really out of budget . I came across Hero Genius which esentially is adidas genius . Hero is collaborating with adidas . Am not sure how good is adidas when it comes to cycles , they sure make good sports gear but cycles , never heard of them .

None of the cycle shops here stock the cycle . I have to order and buy it without a trial .

So , I came across this review on the net :
Review :Adidas Genius Bike - Indian Cyclists Network

The review and the cycle look prety amazing in the pictures . But am not sure if its worth investing 18 big ones on that cycle .

I was initially thinkking about hero recra or estes which are less than 9000 , cuz am a casual cyclist . NOt a pro . Wont be going on trails or anything of that sort . But yesterday I went and checked out a lot of cycles . The Treks and Gary fishers look so yummy but are a bit too expensive . Checked out the new RR 6.3 2011 .. Havent read many reviews on the net about it but the bike looks AWESOME ! matt black and what an appeal . BUt its not a full sus . PEople have been telling me that full sus is of no use unless am a pro trail person , is that tru ? For my use should a normal front suspension be enough ?

Also checked out Firefox bad attitude and viper , those bad boys have suspensions the size of harleys and that makes teh cycles so heavy . Also checked out the new firefox target , surprisingly light , very very light and it comes with full sus and disc brakes too . Hercules is a no no for me . I wont be going in for hero too , might consider a genius if I get a good bargain . THe Firefox bad attitude is very appealing but it way too heavy on the front side because of the heavy suspensions .

Any bike that you would like to suggest , 15 grand budget , killer looks and front suspension and disc brakes . I know am asking for too much in this budget but am sure I should be able to find what I want !

Please help !

Most Viewed