Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 19:00   #886
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
ms & Narayanan, thanks for the feedback.

Am quiet clear on MTB, only thing now is i need to find out if ACt109 is worth else i need to look for an option.

Any good MTB's in 10-15k bracket?

Thanks

Try GIANT series Revel 1 or Revel 2..based on your budget.Revel 2 costs about 15k and revel 1 about 18K. I have been riding Revel 2 for almost a month and starting to love riding it whenever possible. I ride for a minimum of 15 kms daily. May be its little harder riding it because of the bigger tyres , but the whole point is to enjoy cycling and to loose some weight. I am also on the wrong side of 100
mjkaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 12:32   #887
Senior - BHPian

Folks, have liked this bike its about 18k, your thoughts? GT Aggressor 1.0

GT Aggressor 1.0 Mountain Bikes | Track Bikes | Racing Sports Bikes | Trekking Bicycles
Old 30th July 2011, 13:37   #888
Senior - BHPian

Ok now even giant comes int ot race: Revel 1D
Revel 1D | Bicycling

Quote:
Folks, have liked this bike its about 18k, your thoughts? GT Aggressor 1.0

GT Aggressor 1.0 Mountain Bikes | Track Bikes | Racing Sports Bikes | Trekking Bicycles
Old 1st August 2011, 16:57   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Ok now even giant comes int ot race: Revel 1D
Giant bikes are awesome, I have Revel 2 without disk brakes and with 21 gears I am really happy with the bike.

I guess Revel 1D is more than 15K, please correct me if I am wrong here.
Old 1st August 2011, 17:06   #890
Senior - BHPian

I picked up Revel2 on Saturday, and yes bike is good. already have clocked about 15+kms...

1D is 22k i guess and 1V is 20+

I will come back with details, pic and initial report soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind splitter View Post
Giant bikes are awesome, I have Revel 2 without disk brakes and with 21 gears I am really happy with the bike.

I guess Revel 1D is more than 15K, please correct me if I am wrong here.
Old 1st August 2011, 18:10   #891
BHPian

Quote:
I picked up Revel2 on Saturday, and yes bike is good. already have clocked about 15+kms...
Congratulations!!!!!!!! its an awesome bike. I wish they had all the color options of Revel 2 in India, India gets only blue, black and white combo not sure why? I loved the silver color Revel 2 and when asked for the same got a no for an answer

Please post some pics of your bike.
Old 1st August 2011, 21:26   #892
BHPian

Bitten by the bicycle bug

Office moved to Whitefield and so did I. Frustratingly, the drive from office to home took an average of 25 minutes - 5.5 kms. Thought long and hard and decided to go the 1 HP way - 1 Human Power

Picked up the Bianchi Camaleonte Sport Cross from RR Cycles, OMR Road yesterday. The ride home was pure bliss

The Bicycles thread-001.jpg

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 1st August 2011, 22:43   #893
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks i picked Giant Revel2, big thanks to mjkaushal that he suggested me this bike and with some looking on internet found a dealer in Mangalore selling Giant.

Also would like to the members who pitched in with loads of info, esp Hitanshu..

Special thanks to mjothi! have been talking o him last few days and he has been very helpful! thanks sir

Once i checked the bike i was pretty clear on giant, i was bit ken on 1D but was way over my budget, since i liked this bike now was the challenge to find a dealer and i was really skeptic on this, went to Giant global site and looked for indian dealer and bingo found "redrooster lifecycle" in bangalore. had to try coupe of times to get through the right person and must say when i did get through it was a matter of minutes to get the dealer contacts in Mangalore...

Jyothi Cycles, mangalore well i guess going by the name when i frst looked up in yellow pages i had ignored this place thinking they will be selling some good old bikes etc but i was wrong this place offers all modern bikes with almost every imported brand which is available in India..

Ganesh from JC, made it more easy on giving some tech info on the difference on the variants and suggested me that i should go for Revel2.
next was the accessories along with the bike 700bucks worth of accessory was free, started with seat cushion/pad(this stuff is worth), rear/front lamp, bottle cag and bottle, lock, stand, cyclo meter..

so cycle + accessories worked upto 18k after a good discount...
will write about the ride experience in my next post, thanks again ...
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-lohithcyc.jpg  

Last edited by lohithrao : 1st August 2011 at 22:46.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:39   #894
Senior - BHPian

Cool bike dude, how much did you shell out for this? seems like lots of cycle dealers in bangalore these days, for sure good sign!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Bitten by the bicycle bug

Office moved to Whitefield and so did I. Frustratingly, the drive from office to home took an average of 25 minutes - 5.5 kms. Thought long and hard and decided to go the 1 HP way - 1 Human Power

Picked up the Bianchi Camaleonte Sport Cross from RR Cycles, OMR Road yesterday. The ride home was pure bliss

Attachment 586818

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:33   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Cool bike dude, how much did you shell out for this? seems like lots of cycle dealers in bangalore these days, for sure good sign!
27 K. Here are the specs:

Frame: Camaleonte SPORT CROSS ALU
Rims: Jalco DM30 36H with logo Camaleonte
Fork: Suntour NEX4610 V2 MLO 700C lockout
Tire: Spectra Regular Amber 37-622
Shifters: Shimano ST-EF60 8sp
Rear derailleur: Shimano Acera 8sp
Front derailleur Shimano 191 8sp
Crankset Shimano FC-M131 48/38/28
Saddle Selle Royal Mach 8549 black/white
Sprocket Shimano CS-HG30-8I 8sp 11/32

Love the lockable shocks - allows you to use them only when needed. Also endomonto tells me that I touched 66.3 kmph on the way home from the shop - I did not feel it though. Honestly, I doubt the accuracy of that number.

All in all I am in love, again

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:54   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also endomonto tells me that I touched 66.3 kmph on the way home from the shop - I did not feel it though. Honestly, I doubt the accuracy of that number.
Congrats.

I know it always ends up like. Started at 7K and now bought at !!!!!

Sir, its not at all accurate for the speed. But good for the route and map.

Quote:
Hi folks i picked Giant Revel2, big thanks to mjkaushal that he suggested me this bike and with some looking on internet found a dealer in Mangalore selling Giant.
Congrats buddy.

Eager to see how the Giant is holding the Giant
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:08   #897
BANNED

Quote:
Honestly, I doubt the accuracy of that number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Sir, its not at all accurate for the speed. But good for the route and map.
Guys try out sports-tracker. Its mighty accurate for speed.
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:52   #898
Senior - BHPian

Nice thread and nice to see everyone getting fitness and environment conscious. I too intend to purchase one for exercise, but before I purchase a bike I need some help. I know, these questions are better asked on bikezone, but somehow I can't seem to get a hang of what to search where in that forum !
  1. All options in the thread are geared ones. Is there any non-geared option available?
  2. All bikes are costing 15K and above. I don't exactly wish to spend that much amount on a bike for starters. Isn't there anything good available upto 10K?
  3. Any good Indian bike (geared/non geared) which you can suggest? Or which anyone has purchased?
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:23   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Nice thread and nice to see everyone getting fitness and environment conscious. I too intend to purchase one for exercise, but before I purchase a bike I need some help. I know, these questions are better asked on bikezone, but somehow I can't seem to get a hang of what to search where in that forum !
  1. All options in the thread are geared ones. Is there any non-geared option available?
  2. All bikes are costing 15K and above. I don't exactly wish to spend that much amount on a bike for starters. Isn't there anything good available upto 10K?
  3. Any good Indian bike (geared/non geared) which you can suggest? Or which anyone has purchased?
HI,

Welcome to the party.. I guess most of us in the forum wanted to start off within the 10k range, but have landed up in different ranges depending on the temptation by jumping very small increments .

The more you read on this forum, I am sure you would start inching further..

Best of Luck.
Old 3rd August 2011, 21:19   #900
BHPian

Hello Folks, time is come when I start looking after my weight. 100 was the threshold and looks like I have crossed it.

I have become a lazy bug and want to reduce it. Fun and yet reduce the weight what better than cycling.

I am looking for a good bike with 10k budget. I liked the Btwin Rockrider 5.1. Please suggest any alternatives.

Most Viewed