Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2011, 22:31   #766
Senior - BHPian

re: Can cycling cause you to lose your manhood?

here bike means bicycle.
Old 2nd July 2011, 08:51   #767
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I've heard of this before and have seen some cases of guys who used to ride Bicycles avidly, but without proper seats, getting operated for Hydrocele (Can't spell medical terms). Not sure if it is directly connected, but this is definitely not new..
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:11   #768
Senior - BHPian

We've thrashed it out in detail on BZ in threads such as:
BikesZone - Cycling • View topic - good news about cycling and impotnce

You must read the actual article:
Nocturnal Penile Tumescence and Rigidity Testing in Bicycling Patrol Officers -- Schrader et al. 23 (6): 927 -- Journal of Andrology

Kindly note the killer - "[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica]The cyclists rode an average of 5.4 hours per day[/FONT]"

The long story short - for the average person, it doesn't matter. Its important for Fabian Cancellara and Contador. You and me can just chill.

There has been no such link ever, for any recreational cyclists like you and me, who barely average 30-40 min of cycling a day. And mind you, our cycling is far far less intense than these pro cyclists or the metropolitan policement who spend hours on the bike - who are mentioned in the study. So chill.

India's burgeoning population is testament to the fact that for most people, cycling doesn't affect anything.

PS: You cycle? the ID seems more like a P180 owner!
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:17   #769
BHPian

Yeah i Cycle around an hour per day.

And no 180 for me,honda fan :P
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:38   #770
Distinguished - BHPian

Mods please correct the thread title- this is for bicycle riding, not motorcycles.

Like others have pointed out, casual riders are not at risk. Besides are some precautions you must take to protect your sensitive areas while biking.
Old 2nd July 2011, 11:37   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
India's burgeoning population is testament to the fact that for most people, cycling doesn't affect anything.
+1

Even here in Chennai a decade back, the no of cyclists in the roads was much more, than the number of motorcyclists. And Chennai's population isn't certainly dwindling.
Old 2nd July 2011, 14:21   #772
Senior - BHPian

Re: Can cycling cause you to lose your manhood?

Don't think there is much truth to this.
This is another using cellphones is bad for your brain kind of report. Yes it maybe bad but that doesn't mean we are going to stop using cellphones.
Old 5th July 2011, 11:38   #773
Senior - BHPian

Dear Spitfire,

This is for you :-)
BikesZone - Cycling • View topic - Is the Maxit Crossbow 26'' at Hypercity any good?
Scroll down to the posts of lonelyrider and thereon!!

See, we're a nice bunch in there, and we actually help those who wish to be helped

/Wonder what gave you that impression
//Someone offering 3L for a 1 year driven maruti swift will be considered cheap here too - just that mods here may clean up the fighting posts. No difference!
Old 5th July 2011, 12:43   #774
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Dear Spitfire,

This is for you :-)
Thanks. I am on that thread now. And have replied. Will give another go at this forum. My sentiments about the cheap episode stay though.

I like such places actually
Old 5th July 2011, 13:30   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
And have replied. Will give another go at this forum. My sentiments about the cheap episode stay though.

I like such places actually
Word of the day: Bindaas bol.
Old 6th July 2011, 10:32   #776
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Dear All,

Its been ages for me to write here or get some queries, Though was a silent reader but never replied .This is the thread that got my eye and my heart .After going through the whole thread im totally inspired to start cycling once again in my life. Yesterday was the day a gap of 25 yrs i rode a cycle .Borrowed a BTwin RR 5.1 from a close friend for a week to test if this body can still take it. It was a fantastic experience, although I was a bit scared when these huge vehicles zip screaming next to you. Did some 5 -6 Km and was done for the day will take it out tonight also.

I would like to thank all you guys.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th July 2011 at 10:45. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Also do a Preview before Submitting new posts.
Old 6th July 2011, 14:18   #777
BHPian

Hercules act110s for sale

I have put up my Hercules act110s for sale( ad in classifieds section.). It is about 9 months old. I am not using regularly and gradually stepped out of the habit of cycling due to some other priorities.
So if some one is interested in buying it ,you may respond via pm or the mail id in the classified.
Please note the location( hyderabad).
Old 7th July 2011, 12:11   #778
BANNED

So 1 month from getting the cycle. Have covered 350 kms (tracked on GPS). Other smaller rides are not accounted anywhere. But I am thinking 400 could be a good figure.

I had filled by bike tank in last week of May. It still has not even reached 3/4th mark. Earlier it was one tankful a month.

I had filled the car tank in the last week of May again. This was has run a bit because my son likes a drive in the car everyday. But again it has lasted me for more then a month and I believe the fuel in the car is good for another 100 kms easy.

For the last 4+ weeks, I have taken only the cycle to office. Earlier it used to be bike 2 days and bus the rest.

Have lost about 7kgs now. I still eat and drink as I used to earlier. No change. No starving, no holding back on the sweets - I have a huge affinity to sweets. Just for the record I can drink all the sweet syrup left over from a Haldirams 1 kg Rasagulla tin and not feel anything. Please don't try it though.

Guys who are still sitting on the fence. Go for it. There is nothing to lose. A lot to gain.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 12:18   #779
Team-BHP Support

Oh wow. That is good distance you have covered.

I am at about 150+ kms. Because I am able to use the cycle for just 2 days a week.
Either have to drop my wife at her parents home, or I work from home.

Have no idea on weight loss. But overall I feel very good about this cycling.
Especially given the current bandh's paralyzing life in Hyderabad. Either the petrol bunks are out of stock or jammed up.

In my office everyone is cursing the lack of fuel. But since chicken curry works very well as my fuel, I don't understand what the fuss is all about.
Old 7th July 2011, 12:27   #780
Senior - BHPian

The next level is when you start sleeping early, waking up at 400-430am to ride out and return by 630am having clocked 40-45km.

Riding with a good group or on a good route can be rather addictive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks