Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2015, 21:31   #2266
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Here is my new Giant Cypress. Beautiful 700c city bike.

The Bicycles thread-20150127_090623.jpg

The Bicycles thread-dsc00394.jpg

The Bicycles thread-dsc00389.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd September 2019 at 21:51. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
Old 7th February 2015, 22:24   #2267
Senior - BHPian

A kind relative thought that even though I'm into cycling- I might not have a cyclometer.

Pronto- An American spec CatEye Velo 7 was dispatched to Pune. Imagine the persons shock- when he saw that I was using the very same meter, since early 2014.

So- now I've got two of 'em. Let's see now- Perhaps I might buy another bike and use the newer one. Or perhaps I'll cannibalize the newer one- for parts for the older one- in case anything goes wrong, such as the batteries, et cetera.

Or I *might* give it away. If any of you needs a functioning cyclometer- quote this post of mine, and stake a claim.

If your luck is good- I *might* just consider.

Cya. F.
Old 8th February 2015, 11:41   #2268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Depends.

Short answer : about 55-70% of the price of what he paid for it. Not the current MRP.

Finally closed the deal at 10K. Thanks for your inputs.
Old 8th February 2015, 11:44   #2269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
If your luck is good- I *might* just consider. :.
I hope it's my lucky day will you be willing to give it to me, please?
Old 9th February 2015, 00:25   #2270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
I hope it's my lucky day will you be willing to give it to me, please?
Ah! I'm considering. . That said- my neighbour just bought a Cannondale- and I'll spend a couple weekends helping him to set it up. If a meter is required- I might give it to him. I myself , shall be buying another bike in the April/May timeframe (A 50:50 chance) If nothing else- you're the first in line. So- please drop a PM on your address in Bombay- as and when I shall ask. And the cycle you ride..BTW? Thanks!
Old 9th February 2015, 07:44   #2271
BHPian

Ah, no hassles then. Neighbors first . I ride a trek 3700.
Old 9th February 2015, 11:08   #2272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
Ah, no hassles then. Neighbors first . I ride a trek 3700.
The moment I find zero potential useage for it- It'll be duly couriered to you!
Old 13th February 2015, 08:10   #2273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Last Sunday, successfully completed my first 200km Brevet in Coimbatore. The route was Coimbatore - Annur - Avinashi - Perundurai - Kangeyam - Palladam - Coimbatore. Finished a total of 212km in about 13:15 hours, with a ride time of 10:15 hours. 31 people started and 15 finished - I being the last.
Attachment 1292034
Hey, Hearty congratulation for completing the 200 Km ride. I was wondering what did you use to keep track of the heart rate, cadence and the speed.

I have Sigma 12.12, which will only track speed. The one which do all the above from Sigma is super expensive, Sigma Rox 6.0. Could you please tell me which one you are using.
Old 13th February 2015, 09:20   #2274

I was in Netherlands and had used Bicycle there with internal gear hubs and quite liked it. The Cycle was nothing to crow about, the usual Dutch cycle. Since I returned back to India, have been looking for such a cycle, a steel frame with internal gear hub. This search is on since a couple of years and I have been unsuccessful till now.

Can anyone of you direct me to brand/model which is being sold with such a combination?

PS: I have recently shifted to Hyderabad, and any pointer to shop having this would be great. I have been to Track & Trail (Begumpet road) and Decathlon.
Old 13th February 2015, 10:14   #2275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Hey, Hearty congratulation for completing the 200 Km ride. I was wondering what did you use to keep track of the heart rate, cadence and the speed.

I have Sigma 12.12, which will only track speed. The one which do all the above from Sigma is super expensive, Sigma Rox 6.0. Could you please tell me which one you are using.
Hi, Thank you for the kind words.

I use a Garmin Edge 500 GPS computer that comes bundled with a heart rate monitor and speed cadence sensor. It cost me $300 about a year back. You can also use GPS watches like Garmin Forerunner 310XT that come bundled with speed/cadence and heart rate monitor.

Unfortunately, accessorizing the bike is definitely an expensive affair and is like quick sand. I have already spent more money on accessories than the cost of my bike and still counting
Old 13th February 2015, 10:15   #2276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysk View Post
I was in Netherlands and had used Bicycle there with internal gear hubs and quite liked it. The Cycle was nothing to crow about, the usual Dutch cycle. Since I returned back to India, have been looking for such a cycle, a steel frame with internal gear hub. This search is on since a couple of years and I have been unsuccessful till now.

Can anyone of you direct me to brand/model which is being sold with such a combination?

PS: I have recently shifted to Hyderabad, and any pointer to shop having this would be great. I have been to Track & Trail (Begumpet road) and Decathlon.
You can speak to hyd dealers list here:
http://www.bikeszone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1608

Also speak to suresh kumar from chennai or venkat (wheelsports), blr.
Old 13th February 2015, 11:07   #2277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Thank you for the kind words.

I use a Garmin Edge 500 GPS computer that comes bundled with a heart rate monitor and speed cadence sensor. It cost me $300 about a year back. You can also use GPS watches like Garmin Forerunner 310XT that come bundled with speed/cadence and heart rate monitor.

Unfortunately, accessorizing the bike is definitely an expensive affair and is like quick sand. I have already spent more money on accessories than the cost of my bike and still counting
Thank you, but these are super expensive as you told. I found Sigma Rox 5.0 for 6000 INR. Which keep track of cadence, speed and heart rate. But you need to buy the docking station and software separately. Which when I checked is coming around 2000 INR.
Old 13th February 2015, 11:43   #2278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, accessorizing the bike is definitely an expensive affair and is like quick sand.
EDIT: Ordered Sigma Rox 5.0, Btw I paid 36K Inr for the bike, 300$ is almost half the price of my bike. Now I get what you meant by quick sand, so far I have spend 20K Inr for accessories.

Sorry for back to back posts, 30 minutes edit time got expired.

Last edited by ecenandu : 13th February 2015 at 11:45.
Old 13th February 2015, 12:55   #2279
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Thank you, but these are super expensive as you told. I found Sigma Rox 5.0 for 6000 INR. Which keep track of cadence, speed and heart rate. But you need to buy the docking station and software separately. Which when I checked is coming around 2000 INR.
The Rox series, I believe records only the speed, cadence and heart rate, but not the GPS data. If you get into ride analysis, GPS data also will be come important soon.

To begin with, you could start using apps like Strava or Endomondo on your cell phone. These apps track speed and GPS data of your rides. These apps are free and you can use them for rides upto 3 hours.

Later, you can add Bluetooth enabled Heart straps and speed/cadence sensors (for example runtastic) one by one and these apps can log data from these sensors. Or you can save up and get a full fledged GPS device like Garmin Edge 500 or Garmin Forerunner 310XT etc.

Happy riding!

EDIT: Just noticed your follow up post. Enjoy the Rox 5.0. You can always upgrade later

Last edited by graaja : 13th February 2015 at 12:59.
Old 13th February 2015, 13:58   #2280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Rox series, I believe records only the speed, cadence and heart rate, but not the GPS data. If you get into ride analysis, GPS data also will be come important soon.
What you said about Rox 5 is correct, no gps. But I am not in to ride analysis, yet . I will try the apps you mentioned.

Seeing the real time info is giving me the boost to push more. BTW I am not doing much riding like you guys, 100 -120 Kms weekly. (12Kms*5 weekdays and (20~30kms) *2 weekend) Average speed 15 to 18 Kmph. My target is to achieve 20~22, my bike is Merida Big 7 striker MTB. 27.5*2.10.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 1st April 2019 at 08:57. Reason: Trimmed quoted post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks