Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2015, 21:20   #2371
BHPian

Hey thanks Fintail. Any lubricant that I can use myself for the chains without it getting really greasy?

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd September 2019 at 22:31. Reason: Typos.
Old 19th March 2015, 22:48   #2372
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

You can do cleaning and basic servicing by yourself,check youtube enough and more videos are there,I am using squirt dry lube works well.
Old 21st March 2015, 18:32   #2373
Senior - BHPian

Update: I have to take a decision between a 2014 Giant SCR, on whom I'm getting a supreme discount-- or the new FireFox Mistral.

33k vs 35k. The FireFox @33, the Giant @35k.

On the other end of the spectrum, a Linea T-Jet beckons. Sadly, NO sedans this time. Impossible to ferry around a greasy bicycle on them. The Avventura? Let's see...
Old 22nd March 2015, 04:23   #2374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Update: I have to take a decision between a 2014 Giant SCR, on whom I'm getting a supreme discount-- or the new FireFox Mistral.

On the other end of the spectrum, a Linea T-Jet beckons. Sadly, NO sedans this time. Impossible to ferry around a greasy bicycle on them. The Avventura? Let's see...
Ride both bikes and decide! The SCR clearly has the better component specs, but your comfort level matters the most!
Old 22nd March 2015, 09:04   #2375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Gurus,
From Sigma Website, My HR max is 190.
BE1: Basic endurance 1, 60-70% of the HR max 114 - 133
BE1/2: Basic endurance 1/2, 70-80% of the HR max 133 - 152
BE2: Basic endurance 2, 80-90% of the HR max 152 - 171
CE: Competition endurance, 90 – 100% of the HR max 171 - 190
I am not a doctor but I can tell you that these readings seem to be in line. I get same readings during various workouts on treadmill. The clear signs of problem are not with reading IMO but when the body is not able to cope up, which will be clearly evident from the discomfort and shortness of breath. If you want an expert opinion, it is advisable to contact a physician and clarify about the readings.
Old 22nd March 2015, 23:00   #2376
Senior - BHPian

@Ninjatalli:

I'm trying 'em tommorrow.

Ah- Let's see!
Old 22nd March 2015, 23:40   #2377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is a Giant opportunity - this is a non-decision.
Old 23rd March 2015, 02:57   #2378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I am not a doctor but I can tell you that these readings seem to be in line. I get same readings during various workouts on treadmill. The clear signs of problem are not with reading IMO but when the body is not able to cope up, which will be clearly evident from the discomfort and shortness of breath. If you want an expert opinion, it is advisable to contact a physician and clarify about the readings.
Thanks for the insight. I am a lot fitter now than what I used to be. Just yesterday I did a non stop 2:30 hrs cycling with on the go hydration. All in preparation for the ride to Stockholm.
Old 23rd March 2015, 07:19   #2379
Senior - BHPian

My ride now -Trek 3500. Got at a competitive price. I have taken it out for few rides. Now a daily source of exercise. Already bought the necessary accessories and now in process for buying few apparels.

The Bicycles thread-_dsc0959_1.jpg
Old 23rd March 2015, 15:02   #2380
Senior - BHPian

^^^^

The mudguards go out first!
Quote:
Thanks for the insight. I am a lot fitter now than what I used to be. Just yesterday I did a non stop 2:30 hrs cycling with on the go hydration. All in preparation for the ride to Stockholm.
You're doing an excellent job!

Stay hydrated- Come what may.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 23rd March 2015 at 15:06.
Old 23rd March 2015, 16:30   #2381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2:30 hours continuous saddle time is really good. Good luck with your upcoming ride

Quote:
My ride now -Trek 3500. Got at a competitive price. I have taken it out for few rides. Now a daily source of exercise. Already bought the necessary accessories and now in process for buying few apparels.

Attachment 1352436
That is a cool looking ride. Wishing you thousands of miles of healthy rides. BTW, the seat looks to be a bit low. Check the adjustment. When you complete the down stroke of the pedal, your leg should have just a little bend. Too much bend would result in knee pain. Another crude method to test: when you are on the saddle, you should barely manage to touch the ground with the ball of your foot.
Old 23rd March 2015, 18:44   #2382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1352436
Lovely ride. Against @Fintail's suggestion, I'd say the mudguards stay. Makes a hell lot of a difference when you are riding on a wet day/surface.

Btw same thoughts on the saddle height - seems low to me. You'll probably be better off with a few more inches of height on that.
Old 23rd March 2015, 19:14   #2383
Senior - BHPian

I have been trying to arrive at an optimum hydration rate for cyclists:

Is 1 liter/15km fine?

I know other factors such as temperature, tyres, bicycle, fitness levels exist.

So- Whattdya think?
Old 23rd March 2015, 20:39   #2384
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have been trying to arrive at an optimum hydration rate for cyclists:

Is 1 liter/15km fine?

I know other factors such as temperature, tyres, bicycle, fitness levels exist.

So- Whattdya think?
The rule of thumb I follow is 1 liter per hour, keep drinking every 10 minutes. Never wait till you feel thirst. The moment you get thirsty, you will start losing energy.

Same goes with nutrition as well for longer duration on saddle. 100 to 150 calories an hour of solid food and about 100 calories in minerals like Enerzal, Gatorade etc. Food that quickly releases sugar into blood and easy to digest like energy bars, bananas etc. is better than food that is difficult to digest (vadas, cakes, pastries etc) which will divert energy to the digestion system and you will feel lack of energy to cycle.

Last edited by graaja : 23rd March 2015 at 20:49. Reason: Adding information on nutrition
Old 23rd March 2015, 22:44   #2385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Lovely ride. Against @Fintail's suggestion, I'd say the mudguards stay. Makes a hell lot of a difference when you are riding on a wet day/surface.

Btw same thoughts on the saddle height - seems low to me. You'll probably be better off with a few more inches of height on that.
@Ninjatalli:

I'll be present at all cycle shops in town tommorrow. Life Cycles- Good 'ol Surinder, and the official Giant Dealerships. And T&T.

NO Montra this time round. I haven't seen a single 2015 Unplugged/Celtic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks