Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2019, 12:44   #4351
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Yeah, Schnell is Indian I know and seems to be really popular. Haven't heard of Keysto but Firefox is really, really good and the fixie is really easy to pedal (easiest among any I've used). There was one showroom near Commercial Street, hope its not closed now. Please spend that extra hour and head to Firefox. How about Decathlon, did you check them out? There is one on Airport Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
So, my query was if it is worth checking out Firefox bikes (in comparison to Frog and Schnell) since I really enjoyed owning the Firefox Rapid for last 3 years although my running has been low. Also, any thoughts on the brand called Keysto
Old 16th September 2019, 12:56   #4352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Firefox is really, really good and the fixie is really easy to pedal (easiest among any I've used). How about Decathlon, did you check them out? There is one on Airport Road.
Thanks Man!... Fixie looks really nice. Will check it out. The Mantri Mall outlet is closed. There is one in Gandhinagar. I somehow didn't like the Btwin series at all. I did consider them when I bought the Rapid and also compared the Montra Bikes. Just the feel factor of the Rapid was better than the other 2.

Cheers
Old 16th September 2019, 20:52   #4353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Yeah, Schnell is Indian I know and seems to be really popular. Haven't heard of Keysto but Firefox is really, really good and the fixie is really easy to pedal (easiest among any I've used). There was one showroom near Commercial Street, hope its not closed now. Please spend that extra hour and head to Firefox.
The Firefox showroom is still there.It's next to Safina plaza.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/1BM9DXVR3TN7ZrU69
Old 16th September 2019, 22:12   #4354
BHPian

There is one Firefox showroom adjacent to a Yamaha showroom in Jakkasandra.
Old 18th September 2019, 16:40   #4355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisravi View Post
Since you seem to be very happy with the Bianchi's ride quality, just go with it. Looks like it also has hydraulic disc brakes while the Fuji has mechanical ones.
This is a 2017 model so it has hydraulic suspension but normal V brake. The ones have a hydraulic brake.

Hi All,

With less options and nothing much to pick from I am going ahead with the Bianchi C sport. Will try negotiating for a final price.

I tried a couple of other bikes Scott Aspect and Trek Dual Sport. However the stock tyres on these are suited off-road/MTB use. Changing the tires is again blowing my budget.

Please suggest if anything else needs to be considered. I am planing to book my cycle on Friday.

Regards,
babayaga
Old 23rd September 2019, 10:58   #4356
BHPian

Update : I finally bought a bike . I walked in set to buy a Bianchi C Sport and walked out with a Cannondale Quick 7 . The ride quality was on par with the Bianchi and comes with a rigid fork. I really did not want a hydraulic fork without lockout.

Took the bike from shop to home. Went for a quick visit to the temple. Quick lunch and onwards for a ride from home to Decathlon Sarjapur , to grab some accessories.

It was a good training ground to get some feel of riding a cycle in traffic. The most irritating part was motorists honking at a the signal. People seem to ignore the fact that a cyclist can't move if the traffic in front of them does not move . It wasn't all bad as I saw some guys smile and give a thumbs up, some staring at my bike and some who made way for me to cross. Most common thing I could hear around was people exclaiming "See him! On a cycle"

All in all it was a satisfying day. I clocked in 30 Km on my first day of ride. Hoping to get more miles in as days go buy.

Thank you everyone for your valuable inputs in helping me buy the bike
Old 23rd September 2019, 16:11   #4357
BHPian

Time to update, with an upgrade:

As I have updated my Team-Bhp Signature, I have now upgraded my bicycle to a Trek Madone 2.1 recently. I was riding a BTwin Triban 3 roadbike till now, which is already sold, the Triban is awaiting the new owner anytime soon to pick it up. From 2009 for about 4-5 years, I was riding a BTwin RR (Rockrider) 5.1. All these bikes I was able to ride them decently enough and able to do recreational regular rides and some occasional 100+ km rides also. However the rides have come down the last few months due to the time availability, heavy traffic in my surrounding area, and a few scary and narrow escapes from motorists on road forced me to change my bike riding to riding the bike on a trainer, inside home. I bought a Kinetic Smart Trainer only for this purpose.

However, I hope that with the new bike, I will be able to restart my outside riding once again, maybe a bit city outskirts though. Right now getting used to the bike on the trainer, I am trying to ride as and when I get time at home.

Here is the pic of the new bike, even though its not exactly a new bike, its new for me, and got it from a genuine person who hasn't used it much more than a few hundred kms. He had bought it from abroad and carried it when they were returning back to Bangalore. Here it goes:
The Bicycles thread-img_20190920_174850.jpg

The Bicycles thread-img_20190920_175106__01.jpg

The Bicycles thread-img_20190920_175318.jpg

About Trek Madone 2.1: A Road bike comes with Aluminium Frame, Carbon Fork, Shimano 105 Shifters, 105 Derailleurs, Tiagra 10 speed Cassette, and Bontrager Handlebar, stem, saddle, seat-post and wheels.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd September 2019 at 17:54. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
Old 23rd September 2019, 17:57   #4358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
P.S. Mods I am unable to find the thanks button not sure why.
FYI, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...ml#post2716370 (The "Thank You" Feature of Team-BHP)
Old 23rd September 2019, 18:11   #4359
Team-BHP Support

Anybody using a kick stand on their road bikes (yes, I realise it's a touchy topic )?

But I need something to prevent my Clubman from toppling over while out on a ride:
The Bicycles thread-upstand.jpg

The Upstanding Bicycle Company seems to be one of the few (or only?) making a good quality stand.
Old 23rd September 2019, 18:28   #4360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
But I need something to prevent my Clubman from toppling over while out on a ride
You can park your cycle upside down like this:
The Bicycles thread-upsidedownbike.jpg
Source

I park my road bike like this at times. I was skeptical that it would damage my lights, but there is a small clearance as long as the floor is level.
Old 23rd September 2019, 18:35   #4361
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
This is awesome! Something simple & it didn't even cross my mind. Thanks!
Old 23rd September 2019, 19:38   #4362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is how I store my roadie at home when not being used for an extended period (like the monsoons). This is also how you generally place the bike while repairing a puncture on the road. But I personally would not do this as a habit at stops on the road coz of the potential of getting nicks and scratches on the contact points - the saddle and the tops of the hoods specifically. Leaning it against a wall or propping it up on a pedal at the 9 o'clock position (crankarm backwards) is the regular way most often.

Cheers, Doc
Old 23rd September 2019, 19:47   #4363
BHPian

Quote:
Update : I finally bought a bike . I walked in set to buy a Bianchi C Sport and walked out with a Cannondale Quick 7
Congrats! Time for some cinematic shots!

Quote:

There are quite a few ways to stand a bike without using a stand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
. I bought a Kinetic Smart Trainer only for this purpose.
Time to get one of those training software subscriptions then!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd September 2019 at 20:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi quote option (Quote+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 23rd September 2019, 20:05   #4364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post

I park my road bike like this at times. I was skeptical that it would damage my lights, but there is a small clearance as long as the floor is level.

Quote:
Please do try it out on your own bike first; not all road bikes fit perfectly in this position, considering one might have their seat at a much elevated or lower position vis-a-vis their handle.

I used to do this quite regularly assuming the grip on the handles hit the ground from the front side; which was true initially as my seat was kept higher a few years back. Later over time, I lowered my seat a few cms, and then over time noticed a minor scratch developing on my handle due to keeping the bike upside down while servicing/cleaning at home. The front grip wasn't hitting the floor, but the central frame handle.

Quote:
Update : I finally bought a bike . I walked in set to buy a Bianchi C Sport and walked out with a Cannondale Quick 7 .
Excellent choice! My initial years of riding and later several brevets were done on a Cannondale Quick (5), a bike I consider one of the best hybrids I have ridden/owned! Happy mile crunching!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 23rd September 2019 at 20:10.
Old 23rd September 2019, 20:08   #4365
Senior - BHPian

I'm unable to read the cyclo-computer text sometimes so asked someone to get me one with the biggest font. So West Biking (from the US) it is! I'll fit this tomorrow and check.

The Bicycles thread-f6c1f96f05984075a97e4fbdcdde117a.jpg

Name:  Screenshot 20190923 at 8.07.31 PM.png
Views: 1222
Size:  204.3 KB

Note from Support: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...tml#post976063 (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP)

Last edited by aah78 : 26th September 2019 at 21:47. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line. Check the link. ;)

Most Viewed