Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 07:03   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Either your driving style, or the OHCs soft suspension. If the current setup has run over 40K, time to get an overhaul.
Yes I agree thoroughly with you. My friends have complained and even I felt sick in my Amby when my replacement driver of my company used to drive, but that was not the case when my regular driver drives. The replacement driver drives like a madman so I guess you have to change / modify your driving style.

Cheers
Lifewater
Old 9th March 2009, 12:31   #62
Senior - BHPian

The problem with OHC is that it is too low.
And the back seat inclination is not within your control.
.. coupled with soft and mushy suspension.

... and of course how can we forget that anyone in driver's seat will have an incessant urge to floor the pedal whenever possible.

A perfect recipe for nausea at the back seat.

Ask you rear passengers to try to see the road via front screen.
That'll help
Old 9th March 2009, 12:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Agree with you, even i get car sick(esp on hilly roads) if am not driving.

Only in bolero i found no issues guess sitting upright was the solution...also depends on the driver..

But i cant solve the mystery that when i drive am perfectly alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Yes it was the skoda laura in the thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-problems.html.

I must add here that only one lady complained of nausea etc. that too while sitting in the front seat of my Laura. I later learnt that she does not discriminate between cars - she is car sick after about 15 mins in any car!

I have noticed that people can get car sick in any car. Sitting upright and looking out (preferably ahead) does reduce the nausea etc.

Cheers,
Old 9th March 2009, 13:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
But i cant solve the mystery that when i drive am perfectly alright
Seems to be a common enough problem! I have at least three friends who have this syndrome!

Maybe it's to do with an idle mind being the devil's workshop?
Old 9th March 2009, 13:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Seems to be a common enough problem! I have at least three friends who have this syndrome!

hehe maybe, in a way its good that i get a reason to drive

but if i have to be the passenger or travel by bus then i need to take "avomin":(
Old 9th March 2009, 15:32   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
hehe maybe, in a way its good that i get a reason to drive

but if i have to be the passenger or travel by bus then i need to take "avomin":(

Ho ho you got the same problem . That tablet sucks . Been years since I poped one . Avoid travel at any cost due to this reason ,ppl cannt understand If I say I am travel sick . 2 wheeler rules .
Old 11th March 2009, 09:18   #67
BHPian

Can a faulty exhaust letting carbon mono oxide into the passenger compartment cause nausea or vomiting ? Worth investigating
Old 11th March 2009, 13:45   #68
Senior - BHPian

Motion sickness caused by eyes having to constantly (yes, constantly - one never realizes how frequent it is) refocus. This is aggravated either when reading something, or when one is directly behind the head-rest. I tend to go cross-eyed because of the head-rest obstructing some of the vision in front - try holding up a book an arm-length away and look past it.

Used to have a driver (very calm, sedate driving) earlier. I would get nauseous whenever I tried to read a book or newspaper. Finally I figured the best solution was a shut-eye - would promptly fall asleep till he would wake me up.

Another reason is something close to claustrophobia - my wife complains no matter who is driving. Opening the window provides a relief to most, both because of the 'fresh' air, as also by the relative 'open'ness.
Old 11th March 2009, 14:26   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask77 View Post
Can a faulty exhaust letting carbon mono oxide into the passenger compartment cause nausea or vomiting ? Worth investigating
This can cause death, LOL!
However, this is an unrelated topic here. For starters, how would the exhaust get into the car? Certain wind and car dynamics conditions could let exhaust in through open windows, but that's about where it ends.

Research is really not required; enough has been done.
Old 11th March 2009, 17:42   #70
BHPian

Maybe you have a bulimic ghost in your back seat .....kidding.....I will watch this thread, intrigued by the situation & eager to know the findings.
Old 11th March 2009, 18:38   #71
BHPian

Hmmm, I had this similar problem on my Esteem few years ago. Re-tuned the suspensions, checked the air supply on Air-con , replaced the car perfume and seat covers. Strangely the problem was solved even though i still couldn't find a logical explanation for it. Good luck to you bro.
Old 11th March 2009, 21:22   #72
BANNED

i was always guessing it was due to ohc soft suspension and low seat position.but not able to make any conclusion on its real cause .i never thought that the exhaust note that gave me pleasure is giving somebody else in my car a headache?????
Old 11th March 2009, 21:57   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet View Post
.... replaced the car perfume ... Strangely the problem was solved even though i still couldn't find a logical explanation for it.
Any possibility that some other passengers could be making 'the nuisance' in the car?! ....toxic fumes and the like.....
Old 11th March 2009, 22:28   #74
Senior - BHPian

In our case its the Innova that has made people sick. Never had issues with the VTEC.

Shan2nu
Old 12th March 2009, 00:12   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post

Atleast now you know which is the best suitable seat for you. So go ahead and grab your seat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks