Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2007, 08:30   #16
Team-BHP Support

In a city like Bangalore the best thing to do is not stop. If you unfortunately do hit a vehicle or anything don't stop but instead drive ypurself to teh nearest police station.
This is the safest option in bangalore. YOu cant do anything else because of the illiterate public who take law into their own hands.

Incident of my dad he was approaching a signal and upon seeing amber braked and stopped. from behind a cyclist wanted to clear in amber but since my car stopped he ended up hitting the rear of the car and flew over the car and landed in front of the bumper.
The public assumed that my car had hit the cyclewallah and dragged my dad outside. Luckily I was coming down the same road with my uncle and cousin and noticed the scene. I got hold of a cop and he came and calmed things down. The cycle wallah agreed it was his fault whereas the public kept telling him to shut up and manhandling my dad.

Finally the crowd dispersed but the cop started asking for money from my dad since he helped. He wouldnt let us go. My dad asked him the reason and he said you broke the signal your car has crossed the white line.

Sadly had to pay him Rs.100 with challan since didn't want to bribe him. he got bugged and went off.
Old 30th January 2007, 10:30   #17
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My heart says you need to STOP!!!
My Brain, from experience says that, if it is in rough neighbourhood (like bommanhalli on hosur road, shivajinagar sourrounding, near slums), NEVER STOP, if you can escape to reach the nearby police station to report and seek their help to assist the injured.
Any decent neighbourhood please pull the car to left most line and STOP!!! It can happen to us.

regards,
-manju
Old 30th January 2007, 12:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Run, Run, Run and get out of sight! Then you can call Sanjeevini or send someone you know to the spot. But save yourself first - Thats key!
Old 30th January 2007, 12:15   #19
BHPian

@ vid6639 vbmenu_register("postmenu_364165", true); i completely agree with you. In b'lore people have the habit of taking law in their hands.....Best practise is report the incident to a nearby police station immediately.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks