Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2020, 09:07   #31
BHPian

Re: Aadhaar: Address update procedure and related issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I was able to submit the documents yesterday, but they rejected my request saying "data mismatch". I guess I am better visiting some physical location locally since they will better understand minute details like "Rd 7" vs "Road Number 7".
After 3/4 documents getting rejected online, I went to physical location to get my address updated. They took the exact document that I uploaded online in my first try, and also entered the address like I had entered online. The change was approved within 24 hrs. As expected, physical centers do have some authority which gives them flexibility in taking decisions. This flexibility should be provided for online uploads too.
Comrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 11:29   #32
BHPian

So I will be trying the change with a rental agreement.

Some doubts:
Do they send the card after we update?
If so, are we supposed to return the earlier card ?
Old 16th August 2020, 12:03   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
So I will be trying the change with a rental agreement.

Some doubts:
Do they send the card after we update?
If so, are we supposed to return the earlier card ?
Answer to your doubts.
Yes.
No.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 12:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Somehow, I have managed to misplace my Adhar Card, hence I ordered reprint of the same. However, I had not noted down my Service Request Number, also known as SRN on UIDAI website, plus forgot to note down my transaction number too. Had ordered the reprint on 23-Oct-2020, haven't received any updated. How can I get to know my Service Request Number ? Its required to check the reprint status.
Old 29th December 2020, 11:27   #35
Team-BHP Support

I have initiated the process of address change for my son using the address verifier process. I have given my aadhaar number as the verifier since we are in the same address.

Apparently, they will send the secret code to me via postal mail. Any idea how long it takes for them to send the secret code?
Old 29th December 2020, 11:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

Related question
My photo on the adhar card is so badly printed that people do not identify me from the photo.

Is there a way to update the photograph and take fresh print out? Please let me know if there is a way.
Old 29th December 2020, 11:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I have initiated the process of address change for my son using the address verifier process. I have given my aadhaar number as the verifier since we are in the same address.

Apparently, they will send the secret code to me via postal mail. Any idea how long it takes for them to send the secret code?
Yes, i have tried it for my wife's Aadhar address change. It is fast, 5 to 10 days. Secret code is sent via Speed Post so keep your post man informed.

Last edited by _chikku : 29th December 2020 at 11:59.
_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 12:01   #38
J4J
BHPian

Quote:

The say it may take up to 60 days. However, I received mine within 1.5 weeks after the procedure was done(I did this 1 month back). Mine was delivered via speed post.
Post the validation, you'll receive your new card in 2 weeks time. It takes 1-4 working days for formalities at their end(verify/print).
J4J is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 22:35   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
However, I had not noted down my Service Request Number, also known as SRN on UIDAI website, plus forgot to note down my transaction number too. Had ordered the reprint on 23-Oct-2020, haven't received any updated. How can I get to know my Service Request Number ? Its required to check the reprint status.
You should have got an SMS with SRN number to registered mobile number, if the request is successfully submitted. I too am in the same boat as you. Requested for an Address Update on 11-Nov and till date the URN is still in progress.
Old 28th January 2021, 12:19   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

After waiting for one month, I gave up. So I checked with the local HDFC Bank branch, and their aadhaar service center was free. So I took my son there along with my aadhaar card and it was a smooth process.

In fact, I am glad we did it in person. While verifying the info, I managed to correct some typing mistakes, especially in the Kannada version. The data operator didn't know Kannada, so I had to help her with the correction.

Also, my son had a older card which had a spelling mistake in his name, which I had subsequently corrected. That mistake was being repeated now, since the older card had the mistake. Then the operator downloaded the e-aadhaar right there and it had the correct name. Phew!

Going to the aadhaar update center gives us the ability to fix mistakes before it is submitted. Hopefully, the updation should happen within 2 weeks.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 12:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
So I checked with the local HDFC Bank branch, and their aadhaar service center was free. So I took my son there along with my aadhaar card and it was a smooth process.
My son, who is 16 years, needs to provide the biometrics again. Any idea if the banks do that or do I necessarily have to go to Aadhar center?
Old 28th January 2021, 12:46   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
My son, who is 16 years, needs to provide the biometrics again. Any idea if the banks do that or do I necessarily have to go to Aadhar center?
The bank's aadhaar center is fully equipped for taking photos, fingerprints and iris scan. I don't think there is any difference.
Old 28th January 2021, 15:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
You should have got an SMS with SRN number to registered mobile number, if the request is successfully submitted. I too am in the same boat as you. Requested for an Address Update on 11-Nov and till date the URN is still in progress.
I had submitted the online request to expand the name initials in my mom's aadhar in october. There was no update to the status and I had given hope but last week we received the updated card via post.
Jaguar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 19:49   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Yes, i have tried it for my wife's Aadhar address change. It is fast, 5 to 10 days. Secret code is sent via Speed Post so keep your post man informed.
I forgot to post an update here. So after I got the secret code and updated it into website, I got the message that address was updated successfully while tracking SRN. But when I logged into Aadhar website it showed the same old address. I checked with Aadhar seva kendra and came to know that we need to change the language of Aadhar (Old address was in KL = Malayalam to present address in KA = Kannada). They suggested me to go to Head Post office, as only they have the authority to change the language. So heads up to anyone who wants to change address to a different state/language don't try secret code method.

And apparently these highlighted items can be changed only limited number of times.
Aadhaar: Address update procedure and related issues-aad.png

Last edited by aah78 : 29th January 2021 at 04:20. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
Old 4th February 2021, 10:52   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Going to the aadhaar update center gives us the ability to fix mistakes before it is submitted. Hopefully, the updation should happen within 2 weeks.
It happened in just 5 days. My son already downloaded the e-Aadhaar with the new address. The card should come in a while I suppose. Last time it never came after an address change.

However, I am planning to order PVC aadhaar card for the whole family.

https://residentpvc.uidai.gov.in/order-pvcreprint

I got mine today, it is the size of a standard credit card and can be carried in the wallet. Costs ₹50 per card. Got it after 15 days of ordering.

Aadhaar: Address update procedure and related issues-aadhaar1602576690.jpg

Last edited by Samurai : 4th February 2021 at 10:53.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks