Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2022, 02:01   #76
BHPian

Re: The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings

Phenomenal work @ACMohan! The realism in some of your paintings is just breathtaking.

If you haven't already, please consider these edgy beauties as your future subjects- Ferrari 288 GTO ( my favorite Ferrari by the way) and the Lancia Stratos.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 11:11   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTLIFE View Post
I hope �� one day you sell these artwork and get to buy your dream Porsche.
I've a strong belief that when BHPians wishes me like this on the forum, the wishes usually get fulfilled in the most unexpected ways (as in the case of our Resto-Modified Bajaj Classic).

So may your wish come true and I'd do a life size artwork of the same car at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTLIFE View Post
Excellent detailing like mirror finish on the headlamps of that Le-mans winning Porsche. Good luck. Why don't you try online selling platform for your artwork, Try NFT too .
Thank you. I guess the reflections are one of the key factors that add more life to an artwork like this. And of course, I've been using online platforms like Fine Art America, Displate etc to sell the prints. I'll try the NFTs too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Stupendous! Porsche should definitely hang these at their Stuttgart Museum. Artworks like these, just ooze the human touch, which makes me just want to stare at it with awe. What a gift you have there Mohan. There's always something to a human touch, isn't it.

Porsche, this is as masterpiece as your 911s. Are you listening?

Cheers!
VJ
Thank you very much. The most fascinating thing about these handmade art and human touch is its exclusivity. Even if the artist creates a same art piece a second time, they won't be the same (Unless he/she really wants it to look identical, which most artists won't do).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_Mike View Post
Phenomenal work @ACMohan! The realism in some of your paintings is just breathtaking.

If you haven't already, please consider these edgy beauties as your future subjects- Ferrari 288 GTO ( my favorite Ferrari by the way) and the Lancia Stratos.
Sure thing. I plan to do a collection of Iconic Ferraris. And the Lancia Stratos would look great when painted especially the rally ones.
ACMohan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 21:30   #78
BHPian

WOW! Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMohan View Post
I'll try the NFTs too.
That might be the best bet but a very detailed research on how to go about NFT might get you better returns in the long run. Basically don't jump the gun.
MOUNTAINMAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 22:18   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

To be able to earn a living as an artist, or even a half-decent supplementary living, is a considerable achievement. Well done and well deserved A Mohan!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 23:34   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
In the 7th standard at the Parents-Teachers day my art teacher, rather exasperatedly, told my mother that she'd seen kids who flunked in maths or physics but never one who flunked in art. And so it has been.
You are not alone sir, I rarely got a rank till 6th grade as I used get D's in either/both art & craft. I was even sent to a arts school in 8th grade ( so that I could make some decent diagrams) and was put in a class called "children 2" with 7 year old kids. I ran away soon.

Great work by ACMohan and other fellow members.

The reason I am here is that I need to gift someone who loves painting. The person left his old house with belongings and is setting up a new place. I am sure nothing related to painting has been bought yet. I wish to gift something really nice that will be related to painting. ( Can I get a full set of tools and that painting canvas board I have seen in movies?) My understanding of the field is mentioned in the above paragraph.
Dear artists, please help me select the gift. Budget is flexible as I have no idea what it costs, maybe between 10k-50k; I can go higher if needed. It'll enable someone to reignite an old passion.
Wishlist- I would love to gift a Mercedes Benz equivalent; but if I can't, would prefer a fiat rather than a toyota in my budget.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 16th March 2022 at 23:43.
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 13:06   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
You are not alone sir, I rarely got a rank till 6th grade as I used get D's in either/both art & craft. I was even sent to a arts school in 8th grade ( so that I could make some decent diagrams) and was put in a class called "children 2" with 7 year old kids. I ran away soon.

Great work by ACMohan and other fellow members.

The reason I am here is that I need to gift someone who loves painting. The person left his old house with belongings and is setting up a new place. I am sure nothing related to painting has been bought yet. I wish to gift something really nice that will be related to painting. ( Can I get a full set of tools and that painting canvas board I have seen in movies?) My understanding of the field is mentioned in the above paragraph.
Dear artists, please help me select the gift. Budget is flexible as I have no idea what it costs, maybe between 10k-50k; I can go higher if needed. It'll enable someone to reignite an old passion.
Wishlist- I would love to gift a Mercedes Benz equivalent; but if I can't, would prefer a fiat rather than a toyota in my budget.

Thanks in advance
Great idea and so thoughtful. You can go with artist grade supplies like the Paints (Oil, Acrylic, Water Colors, Gouache etc), Brush Sets, Palette, Palette knife sets, canvases or paper (depending on the medium being used), and an easel. I've sent a detailed message in the PM.
ACMohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 13:16   #82
BHPian

Here are two of the recent paintings.

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-tbhp.jpg
The Porsche 917K; one of the most Iconic Porsches. This particular car won the 1970 LeMans race. Driven to victory by race veteran Hans Herrmann and co-driver Richard ‘Dickie’ Attwood. (Medium: Acrylic on canvas, Size: 36x24 inches)

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-tbhp1.jpg

The Iconic HAL Ajeet. (Medium: Watercolor, Size: 12x8 inches)
An aircraft was something I wanted to paint for a long time, since it was closely related to the racecars I've been painting. And I'd like to thank our beloved Bhpian @V.Narayan for giving me such an opportunity. I strongly believe that, this'd a great start for a series of aircraft paintings (Acrylic paintings to be specific). So if you people have any suggestions, ideas or thoughts regarding this, I'd like to hear them all.
ACMohan is offline   (67) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 09:02   #83
BHPian

Two more recent paintings.

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-koenigsegg-tbhp.jpg
Who doesn't love the naked carbon on a car?

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-porsche-tbhp.jpg
Here's another 993. The last of air-cooled Porsches.
ACMohan is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 16:27   #84
BHPian

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-dsc05800.jpg

Here's a Dino and a Ferrari- Two closely related cars, iconic in their own ways!

A brief history of the brand Dino;
Dino was a marque best known for mid-engined, rear wheel drive sports cars produced by Ferrari from 1957 to 1976. The marque came into existence in late 1956 with a front-engined Formula Two racer powered by a brand-new Dino V6 engine. The name Dino honors Ferrari founder Enzo Ferrari's late son, Alfredo "Dino" Ferrari, credited with designing the V6 engine used in the car. Another cool fact is that the Dino script that adorns the badge and cylinder head covers was based on Alfredo's own signature.

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-altura917.jpg

Serenity and a Porsche 917. How ironic is that?
Here's the Porsche 917 artwork with the Altura for size comparison. This particular car in painting won the 24 hours of Lemans in 1971.
ACMohan is offline   (71) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 17:40   #85
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

My God - what a beautiful thread!
ACMohan what a God Given talent you have!
Just simply unutterably WOW!

(I wonder if I can prevail upon you to commission paintings of my three humble steeds!)

Last edited by shankar.balan : 28th October 2022 at 17:42.
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 10:36   #86
BHPian

WoW! Simply Amazing.

Last edited by ampere : 30th October 2022 at 12:19.
pinin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 10:46   #87
BHPian

Simply stunning. You have lead me to do a frantic search for my pencil sketches of cars. Will upload when I find them. Nothing close to your work though
Sumer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 17:18   #88
BHPian

Mohan! What a talent you have! Indeed your works are a masterpiece!
Thanks for sharing
srikrishna717 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 18:42   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
My God - what a beautiful thread!
ACMohan what a God Given talent you have!
Just simply unutterably WOW!

(I wonder if I can prevail upon you to commission paintings of my three humble steeds!)
Thanks a million. And it'd be a pleasure to paint those cars onto canvas. Please feel free to PM me your ideas and I'd be glad to help you with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinin View Post
WoW! Simply Amazing.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumer View Post
Simply stunning. You have lead me to do a frantic search for my pencil sketches of cars. Will upload when I find them. Nothing close to your work though
Thank you. And please post the sketches soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikrishna717 View Post
Mohan! What a talent you have! Indeed your works are a masterpiece!
Thanks for sharing
Thanks a ton.
ACMohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 21:20   #90
Senior - BHPian

My god this is incredible. What a skill! Have you painted something in Gulf livery yet? I will be very eager to see that. My best wishes to your future paintings and hope you scale new heights my man.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks