Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2019, 10:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: PayTM KYC ordeal

Surprisingly, I got an option for home visit.

My wife's paytm mini KYC expired in April and was planning to go to one of these centers but when I checked today morning on paytm android app, I got the option of home visit. Clicked that and it asked me to be ready with Aadhar card that I provided at the time of mini KYC.
Old 1st June 2019, 11:57   #17
BHPian

I was charged 30 bucks at a Paytm KYC centre. I didn't know that KYC is free so I paid the retailer via my Paytm wallet.

Upon knowing later that KYC is free I thought of informing Paytm about this particular retailer.

Surprisingly, within 24 hours I got a cashback of 30 rupees in my Paytm wallet informing that suitable action will be taken against the retailer.
Attached Thumbnails
PayTM KYC ordeal-screenshot_20190601115630348_net.one97.paytm.png  

Last edited by Sherlocked : 1st June 2019 at 12:01.
Old 1st June 2019, 13:14   #18
BANNED

I have a simple solution - I don't use online services if an offline activation is involved. I thus stopped Uber eats, which does not accept cash and only PayTM is available as alternative.
Old 1st June 2019, 15:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I have a simple solution - I don't use online services if an offline activation is involved. I thus stopped Uber eats, which does not accept cash and only PayTM is available as alternative.

Ubereats does accept cash in Pune.
Old 1st June 2019, 16:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

I did my Paytm KYC 2 years back. It was done at a shop near Gate No.5 of Barakhamaba Rd. Metro Station. He charged me Rs. 20/-. I raised a ticket in Paytm App and got the cash credited to my wallet in 3 working days.
Old 1st June 2019, 16:55   #21
BHPian

PayTM KYC was nightmare. They chased until I gave up And agreed to get it done, once it was done I realised they have listed me as Seller and disabled any cash loading into wallet using Credit cards. I had to make multiple calls to their numerous customer care numbers trying to prove I am not a seller but a routine customer , finally they agreed. Nobody asked me money but horrific process to go through, certainly kept me busy in snail pace traffic.
Old 1st June 2019, 17:10   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Ubereats does accept cash in Pune.
Oops. Yes, uber eats does accept cash, but only up to some limit. Most of my orders are above the limit fixed by uber eats for cash.
Old 1st June 2019, 20:21   #23
BHPian

I find Paytm has refunded amounts ranging from Rs 20 to 50 to many of those who raised this issue with them. Why don't they quietly pay the agents a pre decided amount or ask customers to pay a fixed amount and get it paid back? Why are they just not able to manage a simple issue like this when finally they are paying back?
Old 1st June 2019, 20:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
I find Paytm has refunded amounts ranging from Rs 20 to 50 to many of those who raised this issue with them. Why don't they quietly pay the agents a pre decided amount or ask customers to pay a fixed amount and get it paid back? Why are they just not able to manage a simple issue like this when finally they are paying back?
I believe Paytm already pays the retailers some fee for every KYC done by them or has some sort of pre-decided arrangement with them. It's just that the retailers try to earn some extra bucks by asking the unsuspecting customers to pay for it.
Old 1st June 2019, 21:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

When I got mine done, I instantly got an SMS from PayTM stating that KYC formalities are free of cost. The shop owner took 100 bucks as service charge from an unsuspecting customer ahead of me.

He saw me reading the SMS and hence didn't ask for money. Before leaving, I made sure to inform rest of the people in line to not pay any charges for this.
Old 3rd June 2019, 09:05   #26
BHPian

An update: After I raised a complaint on https://pgportal.gov.in/ I got a call from Paytm, and they informed that they would complete the KYC at home today. After that I got a call from the national consumer helpline, and they collected the details and registered a complaint.
Old 4th June 2019, 08:52   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: PayTM KYC ordeal

Weird that so many of you had to go through the trouble. I requested a home visit via the app and it was straight + simple. What I didn't appreciate though is PayTM forcing me to download the app for the KYC (I otherwise use their web interface).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
An update: After I raised a complaint on https://pgportal.gov.in/ I got a call from Paytm, and they informed that they would complete the KYC at home today.
Got to love PGPortal! Please post your full experience on its thread (Heard of pgportal.gov.in? About time you do).
Old 4th June 2019, 09:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Weird that so many of you had to go through the trouble. I requested a home visit via the app and it was straight + simple. What I didn't appreciate though is PayTM forcing me to download the app for the KYC (I otherwise use their web interface). .
Another update.

Although I received a text message saying that an appointment for doorstep KYC was scheduled for 3rd June, they did not turn up.

Meanwhile, I got another call from Paytm based on my complaint on PGPortal. The lady on the line had no clue of what had happened till now, or what the complaint was about. I repeated the entire story, and she said that she will "try" to get KYC done at home.

I do not see an option on the app to request a home visit to complete KYC. I guess I'll just pay and ask for a refund like some others did.
Old 8th June 2019, 12:29   #29
BHPian

I have stopped using Paytm completely. Google Pay is a much better payment option and I have been using it for everything from Swiggy to other smaller merchants. Decent cashbacks too. Have had problems with Paytm customer service in the past and they are extremely slow to respond.

Where Gpay is not an option for payment, best is to stick to debit or credit cards.
Old 8th June 2019, 13:29   #30
BHPian

I haven't got the paytm kyc done. Every time I look into it, the app just goes to work and never really updates the kyc centers near me. A test of patience is what it becomes. However, I can continue using it to make payments around but cannot transfer to my bank account. For now, I am ok with that.

I have noticed that some of my earlier aggregated Quickride money has found its way to paytm wallet.

Most Viewed