Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2007, 01:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

What will you do if someone "SPITS" over you?

Hello friends, as you all might have seen people spitting(Pan,Guthka..bla bla bla) from Busses, autorickshaws,cars.....over roads without seeing if someone is passing-by.After getting saved manytimes with this it happened.

Today morning as ususal i was on my bike with my friend(working with me) to office.At Bandra Kurla Complex, i was waiting for the signal and suddenly felt something splashed over me,and then i saw my friends shirt go all red by the waste.He got so angry i didnt realise when he got off from the bike throwing his bag down on road and entered the bus(some Private Tour Bus) and pulled the guy(about 25-27years age) down the bus and slapping and abusing him brutally on face,and he started bleeding from his mouth with the pan or watever in his mouth and was crying,and begging to be saved,i went immediately, and some other passing public and people from the bus came down and pulled my friend over,in front of everyone he said sorry to us many people from the public was trying to be over-smart over the case,we finally got rid of those and we left the place by warning him to never do that again.We directly headed to my place to wash and change and then moved to office again.

"I guess many people might have realised there,that spitting on the road like this can be dangerous".

I am very much disturbed as whatever happened this morning,he should not have beaten him up.I guess this is a serious issue,many of us might have gone thru this kind of situation.What will any person do if something happenes with him on the peak-hours of rushing to office where he is already tempered by the never ending traffic-jams...?????????

1st Feb 2007 BAD DAY
Old 2nd February 2007, 02:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

I would have probably done the same.. No point in just screaming at them.. They will laugh it off and forget it.. Once they get trashed up they will think twice before doing this thing again..

Godfather
Old 2nd February 2007, 02:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

I wish this should stop now and keep our country cities clean,its high time.
Old 2nd February 2007, 02:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

As I always say, "enforcement" is the key here. Its high time the law is made potent enough so that people think enough before they do something like this. But the question is...will this ever happen in India ?
Old 2nd February 2007, 03:10   #5
elf
BANNED

I think the thrashing that the spitter got from the spittee is apt. How else will these filthy swine learn?
Old 2nd February 2007, 03:37   #6
fb1
BHPian

good man ur friend did the right thing
Old 2nd February 2007, 03:53   #7
BHPian

hahahaha nice replies . happened with me . done the same . if somebody spits on u and that to pan and all that rubbish just thrash the living day lights out him . thats the only way these people will think twice before spitting . thank ur friend for what he did . there will be one less paan spitter on bikers frm today .
Old 2nd February 2007, 08:15   #8
BHPian

paintball his shirt with a really really powerful paintball gun
Old 2nd February 2007, 09:30   #9
BHPian

Covert all buses in city to volvo like. A/c no window to spit.
Old 2nd February 2007, 10:06   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Once, when I was younger (i am saying about 12 years ago), It was one of those days where you just know you look smart.
I was decently dressed (yes, I was) and had worn some brand new shoes, to complete the dapper feeling.

I was on my RX100 (Japanese spec) at the then Hong Kong Bank signal at turner road Bandra. As I approached the red light, drawing to a standstill next to an autorickshaw, with impeccable timing the rickshaw driver let lose a gob of spit as i puled up at the same time and it landed on my shoe.

I was wild in those days, uncontrollable. I put the side stand on the RX100 and slapped the guy. He acted smart and answered me back further. So I was in a total rage, like a bull. (Iam not proud of the things I did when I was younger) and in my rage I overturned his rickshaw.

There were no passengers and I was much fitter in those days. After I overturned it, i sort of realised the gravity of what I was doing. So I pulled him out, took a cloth from his rickshaw and cleaned my shoe.
Unknown to me, there was expected trouble and the riot police were across the road. You know, the guys with the green helmets and the fish net stockings over the helmets with guns and sticks.

They came running towards me, sticks flailing and seeing them I shat big bolongas.

When they came closer, they realised it was just one young guy with long hair, so the sergeant(?) asked me what happened. I told him that the rick guy spat on my new shoes, rather sheepishly. He stared at me, stared at the rick guy (who was in a state of complete shock after his rick was lying sideways)
Looked at the rick and said precisely this "Accha hai. Waapas nahi thookega aaj ke baad" looked at his men and said "Chalo" and they went away sniggering. After this there was a lot of fuss and curiosity. I managed to leave soon after.

That's the end of my story, hope you enjoyed it, please don't give in to such rage.

Cheers.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 2nd February 2007 at 10:24.
Old 2nd February 2007, 10:10   #11
elf
BANNED

@Sam: It was YOU!!!??!!! When I read the title of this story I remembered something like this had happened in Bandra many years ago, but could not remember details or verify them which is why I didn't put it down.

Gud on yer, matey!
Old 2nd February 2007, 10:19   #12
BHPian

holy smokes Sam, thats awesome. would like to see the auto drivers face when u flipped that auto.
Old 2nd February 2007, 10:40   #13
BANNED

Oh my god!
I haven't been thru this before and hope it never happens.

Is there any provision in law to break teeth of these type of unmannered, uncivilised, dumb and stupid morons? (No Sam, Not you but the spitters)
For each and everytime they spit on others, one tooth should be broken. It should be then framed and sent to him as a souvenir of his precious act.
Once teeth runs out, it should be death penalty.

No wonder chewing paan in public is considered as an offence in many countries.
Old 2nd February 2007, 11:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

@ramie, I guess your friend was sort of right in making sure that the spitter understood the gravity of what he did. Yelling at them would not usually ensure that the act is not repeated. A kick on the A** sometimes works better than a thousand words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen
As I always say, "enforcement" is the key here. Its high time the law is made potent enough so that people think enough before they do something like this. But the question is...will this ever happen in India ?
@rr_zen, I am assuming that the US has enforcement teams that roam around looking for people that are spitting on others, and have clearly defined anti-spitting laws for all states. Never got to see those chaps during my visits though.

What enforcement are you talking about ? This is about common-sense and self-discipline. You can't go around monitoring each and every activity of people and making anti-spitting laws. Its time you got real instead of just taking a "Hell, it is India after all, what more to expect" attitude. Maybe a small city state like S'pore can make sure that laws are followed, but expecting the same in a nation many thousand times its size is ludicrous, to say the least.
Old 2nd February 2007, 11:07   #15
BANNED

Happened to me once. Someone, albeit accidentally, spat on my car. I got out and made sure he wiped it off himself in full public view. Don't think he'll spit without looking again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks