Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2007, 23:27   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Man 8th is the opening day for public at Aero India.

isn't it on 6th oh i think it is only for vip's and corporate's
Old 6th February 2007, 09:17   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
condor - I'd expect them to be known troublemakers - ideological followers of Nathuram Godse
What has Godse, His ideology or his followers got ot do with Cauvery water dispute between Karnataka and Tamilnadu ?

You are totally offmark IMO.
Old 6th February 2007, 09:43   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
What has Godse, His ideology or his followers got ot do with Cauvery water dispute between Karnataka and Tamilnadu ?

You are totally offmark IMO.
Possibly the reference was too deep for lighthearted reading.
Old 6th February 2007, 09:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

I remember the riots of 1991. My dad was coming from Chennai in a TN reg car and had to flip his plates, find some white paint and paint a KA number so that he could make it home.
Old 6th February 2007, 09:59   #35
BHPian

Band in Karnataka on 8th...sucks, which means will have to work this saturday !!!
Old 6th February 2007, 10:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

crowd making people to close shops and are even doing it forcefully at Gottigere. NO probs with transportation as of now
Old 6th February 2007, 10:35   #37
BHPian

Today's Update From TN- karntaka border.. No KSRTC and TNSTC.. tamil nadu local buses are going To athipally.. (in karntaka) No violence... TN trucks which were parked by the road yesterday are happily moving in KA.. TN bikes and all moving into KA.. I love My KL registered car.....
Old 6th February 2007, 10:57   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

A point that came up while discussing with friends, and sounds logical: keep an eye on the situation in the Mysore - Mandya - Maddur area. Any escalations can spill over into Bangalore.

So far, nothing from anywhere in Bangalore. Took a bus from JP nagar to Shivajinagar, and things were normal. Just that traffic was lesser than other days.
Old 6th February 2007, 12:21   #39
BHPian

Shops in Frazer Town and surrounding areas have been asked to shut down. Old Madras road wears a deserted look. (Also heard that there is trouble around Majestic area, but could be a rumor, couldn't verify this.)
Old 6th February 2007, 12:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

A few tyre burning scenes witnessed by me personally on Hosur Road. But no violence.
Old 6th February 2007, 15:36   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
All Tamil speaking people were the recipients of forceful agitations by our local Kannada groups, under the-then CM Bangarappa. It resulted in lot of violence against these people/their properties and a lot of them were forced to go back to TN. BLR was devoided of civil labor during that time with most contruction projects grinding to a halt.
A fellow-colleague of mine who is a Tamilian settled in Bangalore saw his granpa's car being destroyed as part of this issue. Seems they knew where Tamilians were located, and attcked accordingly.

Tamil channels have also been blocked. Scanning for Sun Music yesterday yielded a black screen.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th February 2007 at 15:38.
Old 6th February 2007, 16:49   #42
BHPian

Man was planning a trip to Mysore on Saturday.. wouldn't be a good idea now would it? :(
Old 6th February 2007, 16:52   #43

I had to take a delivery of my Swift from Sagar yesterday. But since everybody shut shop early yesterday, the exec called me and asked if we could postpone the delivery. I agreed and this morning he called me to ask if I can take the delivery today. But seeing the uneasy calm spread across the city today I told him I wouldn't be taking it today. He kept urging me to take it but I told him I would call him tomorrow morning as to when I would be taking it.

So what say guys.. Do you think it is better to postpone the delivery to next week or shall I take it tomorrow evening, seeing as it is with the bandh being declared on Thursday. Also is it wise to keep the car that is already registered and paid for at the dealer's for a week?

Thanks....
Old 6th February 2007, 18:04   #44
BHPian

I would say take it in the morning tomorrow.. traffic on roads is far lesser so you won't have to drive bumper to bumper on your first drive!
You could keep it home for a couple of days after till tensions subside
Old 6th February 2007, 18:06   #45
Team-BHP Support

Do you have enclosed basement parking. If you do then take it tomo else wait till friday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks