Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 31st July 2019, 20:03   #46

Default Re: Cafe Coffee Day founder VG Siddhartha goes missing. EDIT: R.I.P.

R.I.P
I caught a glimpse of his mortal remains but couldn't get close as movement was restricted with the arrival of the CM.
Met him once when I was in primary school at a science fair and again a couple of years later when he was there for my school's Golden Jubilee. Still can't believe his life ended that way! Very well respected guy in CKM. I know,am friends with and related to many people employed by his company who all have nothing but good to say about him.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.
cm1933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 20:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
It is hard to not suspect any foul play in this whole story while it may be evident that all was not good with his enterprise.

I hope we have a thorough and deep investigation which reveals the truth and who all were involved and who were coercing him.
If you observe his body, there was very less deterioration, not sure how the body looked at the time of first sighting. The missing of T-Shirt is not accidental, pant and shoes look intact. The CCTV footages on the way to the bridge should be thoroughly checked. If any vehicles followed him or any vehicle which was near the bridge but did not cross or moved suspiciously. Why a man prepared to commit suicide would carry luggage?
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 20:51   #48
BHPian

A rather well worded tribute..
Attached Thumbnails
Cafe Coffee Day founder VG Siddhartha goes missing. EDIT: R.I.P.-1image.jpeg  

AMG Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 20:57   #49
Senior - BHPian

You're right. Expensive smartwatch on his body (wouldn't someone take it off?). The belt is there but TShirt is off. Very unusual. His right chin had a long red mark too, someone was saying. He was a legend in South Canara. Hope they complete the investigations. RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
If you observe his body, there was very less deterioration, not sure how the body looked at the time of the first sighting. The missing of T-Shirt is not accidental, pant and shoes look intact. The CCTV footages on the way to the bridge should be thoroughly checked.
Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 21:26   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
If you observe his body, there was very less deterioration, not sure how the body looked at the time of first sighting. The missing of T-Shirt is not accidental, pant and shoes look intact. The CCTV footages on the way to the bridge should be thoroughly checked. If any vehicles followed him or any vehicle which was near the bridge but did not cross or moved suspiciously. Why a man prepared to commit suicide would carry luggage?
Good point. Nothing should be left un-turned.
Guna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 23:21   #51
BHPian

Very sad news. R.I.P.
This is a very busy bridge with a lot of traffic all the time. I am surprised nobody noticed him jump. (I know one fisherman claimed he saw it. But I am talking about people on the bridge). Also, as others mentioned, not sure how the T-shirt went missing.
adithya.kp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 09:44   #52
BHPian

Am not sure, but his missing t-shirt could be because when he jumped and if his arms were upwards the water impact may have just removed the t shirt off straight.
How i say this is when i went to a NCC camp donkeys years back, i would see guys jumping in a canal with their banyan/t-shirt on and the same would go straight out when they entered the water.

Just a thought.
May his Soul rest in peace.
scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 10:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

The conspiracy theories abound. Unfortunately we would never know what really happened and it is foolish to believe all those stories being circulated.
Hoping he is in a better place.
bigron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 10:43   #54
Senior - BHPian

The conspiracy is not just because of T-Shirt alone, there is no direct evidence yet which correlates to nature of death. The body does not appear like being in water for 30+ hours. A complete forensic analysis can only reveal the cause of death. We have seen enough perpetrated suicides from 6 years,

Bigron, you are a criminal attorney, how do you assess a body which is brought to the shore by others. Can they spoil crucial evidence?

Last edited by deehunk : 1st August 2019 at 10:53.
Old 1st August 2019, 11:02   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Duo went to collect fishing net, found body floating

Quote:
Mangaluru: Ritesh D’Souza, 35, and Pranesh are the two fishermen who recovered the body of Siddhartha, found floating in water about five km from the Netravathy bridge.

The media focused attention on them outside the Wenlock Hospital mortuary on Wednesday.

D’Souza and Pranesh were summoned to the mortuary to complete the formalities. For the past 20 years, they have been fishing out bodies of people committing suicide by jumping into the Netravathi river.

D’Souza said himself, Pranesh and Sarathi had set out in their boat on Wednesday morning to collect the fishing net which was cast the previous evening. They noticed a body floating on the river and realised that it was to Siddhartha’s, as they had participated in the search operations the previous day.

They dragged the body to the river bank near Hoige Bazaar and informed the police control room. The police and personnel of the National Disaster Response Force shifted the body to the mortuary.

The fishermen said the body was found without the T-shirt. They said they are not aware about any cash reward announced for them.
Did Siddhartha die of drowning or cardiac arrest?

Quote:
Mangaluru: “Did 60-year-old Siddhartha die of drowning or cardiac arrest ?,” a question seemed to haunt experts and police after his body
was shifted to District Wenlock
hospital’s mortuary for autopsy on Wednesday.

Fishermen Ritesh D’Souza and Pranesh said the body, which surfaced after being submerged in water for over 36 hours, was however, not bloated.

The body did not bloat as it is suspected that Siddhartha would have suffered a cardiac arrest while plunging into the river, a cop told DH on conditions of anonymity.

D’Souza said based on their experience, the body should have bloated and surfaced within 24 hours. The water was unusually cold and the salt water intrusion due to tidal movements must have delayed the decomposition process, the fishermen added. On the missing t-shirt, the fishermen suspect that Siddhartha removed it before diving into the sea.

A senior officer in District Wenlock Hospital, privy to the autopsy process, maintained that the death of Siddhartha was due to drowning as ‘diatoms’ (present in the sea) were discovered in the body. Only the sample reports sent to Davangere and KMC would reveal the truth, he said.
Source : Deccan Herald, Page 6
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 12:11   #56
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

The whole affair looks suspicious. The deceased was close to DK Shivakumar and was troubled by IT raids at his business. And there was the political drama and change of government only a few days ago.

This case too will be buried as soon as the initial interest dies down.
blacksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 12:30   #57
BHPian

Honestly i don't understand why successful businessmen get involved with the politicians of dubious nature. At present everything is entangled in politics. I just wish for a future where everything is straight.

I hate watching the news channels, i'm yet to see a unbiased report and i believe i never will. RIP Mr. Siddhartha A good human being who had great vision but killed by money hungry wolves.
tht'snotME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 12:38   #58
BHPian

R.I.P Siddhartha.

A lot of things happpened at CCD in my personal and professional life.

On every ride/drive we keep looking for the next CCD to take a break and rest for a while in comfort.
Romins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 14:01   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The man was once ranked 75th in the India Rich list published by Forbes magazine. Sad to see him end his life (as suspected) for the lack of money. Wealth is such an illusion!
It's not lack of money, and the assets owned were also good. It'll take time for block deals, since the buyers will be few and scattered. If the intention of the Tax authorities is to recover the dues, then they should give ample opportunity to the defaulter. But, they were blocking the assets. So, there was no way out. It was done intentionally.
jaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 14:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
If the intention of the Tax authorities is to recover the dues, then they should give ample opportunity to the defaulter. But, they were blocking the assets. So, there was no way out. It was done intentionally.
This is what he called harassment by DG-IT, cannot comment on what was the expectation of officials. Somehow IT has found a comfort zone in South India. The GOI has failed to nab the biggest looters staying in UK, VGS was a soft target for them. What kind of diplomacy are we seeing if the looters in UK have not been extradited to India?