Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 14:34   #241
BHPian

Re: Remember when.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Here's one.
I remember once in my dad's Fiat(PP actually), when we went for a petrol fillup and found that papa had forgotten his wallet at home.
And we still managed to get 5 litres of petrol using change lying around in pockets and in the car.
Good luck with that now!
If the petrol was as costly as today i am sure it won't even spread across the fuel tank base

I remember filling my RX100 with petrol worth Rs. 20 and it was sufficient for the bike given my running. Now I think it would feel idiotic to ask for petrol for that money.
Old 15th March 2012, 15:35   #242
BHPian

Remember when the two month long summer vacations meant sleeping, lots playing and visiting grand parents place and not even looking at books for whole two months!
I really pity today's kids as they are burdened with lots of activities (classes) during their vacations and not joining any class is considered waste of time! (actually we parents are to blame).
anuragn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 16:44   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody
Remember when MTV and channel V played non-filmy songs(in nineties).The groups like Euphoria,Band of Boys,Partners in Rhyme(of chandni raatein fame),Silk Route,Guns n Roses,Ace of Base, etc. with soloists viz Suneeta Rao,Alisha Chinai,Nitin Bali,Alka Yagnik Janet etc ruled the roost
Regards
Oh I loved and look back with nostalgia at times when MTV used to play only good English music - lots of rock music. Even had HeadBangers Ball - playing all metal at 12 midnight. Ah, those were the days!!

OT - is there another good music channel these days? No, Vh1 sucks equally as bad as MTV now. MTV2? Do we get it anywhere?
Old 16th March 2012, 16:51   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Remember when software programs (applications) used to fit in one 1.44mb floppy disks? Bigger ones used to come in multiple disks and we used to insert one floppy after another when installing.
Woohoo, remember installing "Doom" - on a friends computer - some 7 or 8 floppies. And one of them was corrupted - start all over again.
Old 16th March 2012, 17:01   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Woohoo, remember installing "Doom" - on a friends computer - some 7 or 8 floppies. And one of them was corrupted - start all over again.
I see your "doom" and raise you "windows 95".

22 is what had!!
Old 16th March 2012, 17:24   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I see your "doom" and raise you "windows 95".

22 is what had!!
Hahaha

But you said 22 floppies? Wow, didn't even remember that!
Old 17th March 2012, 02:41   #247
BHPian

Hi everybody
Remember when cars had 6 volts batteries.

Naveenroy hi I dont think MTV2 is being telecast to India.I was a fan of Gloria Estefan,Michael Jackson(loved his will you be there)UB40's higher ground album and Bono's far away places ,Janet jackson's number with the lions(dont remember the name),not to mention No Mercy's where do you go? etc.etc.
Regards
Old 17th March 2012, 22:45   #248
BHPian

Remember waiting for 11:00 PM to make STD/ ISD calls because the rates were 25% less after that time.....
Old 17th March 2012, 23:33   #249
PVS
BHPian

Remember - the good old 'Hold-All's we used to lug around, in long-distance train journeys -
Remember - sending out and receiving letters, post cards and greeting cards by post.
Old 18th March 2012, 00:29   #250
BHPian

remember when you used to have penpals and were all excited when someone replied to you through post
Old 18th March 2012, 08:34   #251
BHPian

Remember a Rajdoot key which used to be similar to a blunt nail and the mechanism of switching on the lights by turning the key itself
Old 19th March 2012, 01:15   #252
BHPian

Hi everybody
Remember when there were no calculators.
Remember when in Bombay there were Irani restaurants at every nook and corner.Miss the brun mask and tea.They are down to 40+ from 450+ a few years bak.
Regards
Old 19th March 2012, 10:38   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
... Remember when there were no calculators. ...
Yeah, there were only log tables and slide rules!!!

Or did you mean the time before the punch-punch-punch-punch-pull_lever kind of calculators???
Old 19th March 2012, 11:18   #254
BHPian

Remember the typewriter era. Although its been used even today at courts but before the printer age every office clerk used to have one. All you could hear is typical KHAT-KHAT-KHAT-Krrrrrrrr KHAT-KHAT-KHAT-Krrrrrrrr!

There used to have special typewriting classes (practicals & Theory) and exams where students were taught short-hand and they used to practice on the machines.

Remember the black land-line telephone sets in which you had to dial the number by rotating the numbered wheel. Line used to be very disturbed and one had to repeat that process many times due to no option of redialing. Result: Sore fingers. Also they had mechanical bell type ringing device. The typical TRING-TRING LOL

Note From Team-BHP Support-Team: Only TWO smileys allowed per post.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th April 2012 at 01:10. Reason: See note in post :)
Old 20th March 2012, 01:36   #255
BHPian

Hi everybody
DerAlte Hi I meant after the punch punch etc.I could never get the division done at the first go.
Blow horn Hi hilarious.Very true
Remember when after booking a trunk call you inquired about the status the stock answer was "lines partially working"
Remember when MTNL stood for Mera Telephone Nahin Lagta.(Nowadays they have improved and their service is good and all their call centers are toll free)
Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks