Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2013, 19:52   #151
BHPian

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

My friend is looking for a flat bed operator from Mumbai to Kolhapur. needs to transport a W140. A cost effective operator would be great for use. Request if leads can be PMed
Old 26th October 2013, 10:50   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
My friend is looking for a flat bed operator from Mumbai to Kolhapur. needs to transport a W140. A cost effective operator would be great for use. Request if leads can be PMed
Why are you looking for flat bed operator only? Try car carriage containers as well, they will be cheaper. Ask any packers and movers.
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 10:59   #153
BHPian

+1 to that. Try a good packers and movers service. They tend to be cheaper than flatbed trucks. The flatbed might cost about 10k or so. They charge initial rate of 2.5k + kms + toll and overnight charges if any.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 13:28   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Why are you looking for flat bed operator only? Try car carriage containers as well, they will be cheaper. Ask any packers and movers.
The car carriage containers, I thought would be more expensive as they provide for a closed transportation. Nevertheless will check.
Old 26th October 2013, 14:37   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post

The car carriage containers, I thought would be more expensive as they provide for a closed transportation. Nevertheless will check.
With containers you would be sharing the costs of transportation with others who are also shifting their cars, while a flat bed would be exclusive for you.

It's like going in a bus versus going in a cab (solo).
Old 8th November 2013, 14:51   #156
BHPian

Re: Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?

Hi All,

I am shifting from Bangalore to Gurgaon around mid-December. I need to shift my Chevrolet Cruze to Gurgaon around the same. I have almost made up my mind to drive it down but various people have been advising me against it. After going through this thread completely, I can think of the below options that I can consider.

1) Get in touch with any of the packers and movers that are around: Is Agarwal still the best option? I have read multiple cases online where the users have had a very bad experience. Are there any other service providers who you can suggest?

2) Book a small sized carriage container / truck: The best part about this option is that it is going to be closed transportation and might keep the car clean and safe. How expensive is this going to be? Can I also add some other luggage into the container as I have very few things to shift and no point transporting them separately.

3) Are any of our fellow bhpians planning for any similar shifting fron Bangalore to Delhi (or vice versa) around the same time? If yes, we could collaborate and save some money for each other :-)

4) Stick to the original plan of driving down: My heart still says this is the best option but my brain thinks otherwise. I have a driver who is going to accompany me on the drive. This will also mean I could just dump my luggage (mostly clothes) in the boot and back seat thereby shifting in literally 'One-Go'.

Pls do let me know what you guys think. Any pointers from anyone who has done this recently are more than welcome.
Old 25th November 2013, 17:45   #157
Senior - BHPian

i need to transport a car from delhi to bangalore by car carrier . have any tbhp members have done the same recently, and what was the cost of the same ? and which was the car-carrier firm ? was there any breakage? please reply and help.
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:44   #158
Senior - BHPian

Anybody here planning to transport their bike to goa from mumbai for the India Bike week?
Old 2nd January 2014, 22:13   #159
Senior - BHPian

I sincerely wish that I had read this thread earlier on, I would have taken time off to drive one of the vehicles from DEL >> BLR and the other one back.

While I can understand that it may not always be practically possible for the vehicles to be driven across states but that does remain the most fun way to do the job. Ciao

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post
4) Stick to the original plan of driving down: My heart still says this is the best option but my brain thinks otherwise. I have a driver who is going to accompany me on the drive. This will also mean I could just dump my luggage (mostly clothes) in the boot and back seat thereby shifting in literally 'One-Go'.

Pls do let me know what you guys think. Any pointers from anyone who has done this recently are more than welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
i need to transport a car from delhi to bangalore by car carrier . have any tbhp members have done the same recently, and what was the cost of the same ? and which was the car-carrier firm ? was there any breakage? please reply and help.
Old 6th January 2014, 14:12   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I sincerely wish that I had read this thread earlier on, I would have taken time off to drive one of the vehicles from DEL >> BLR and the other one back.

While I can understand that it may not always be practically possible for the vehicles to be driven across states but that does remain the most fun way to do the job. Ciao
Hi Khoj,
Even I wish you would have replied earlier. Due to lack of time and most people advising against it, I finally went ahead with Agarwal Express who transported the car for me. I got the delivery on the 7th day in Gurgaon and there were no dents / scratches on the car. I was so relieved when I saw the car and they have also stuck to their commitment on the delivery. It also costed me lesser than what it would have by road (15k + Tax). Happy with their service overall.
Old 28th January 2014, 17:56   #161
Senior - BHPian

I need to shift my Kinetic Nova from New Delhi to Berhampore (Odisha). What would be the safe and economical mode for transportation.

The time is not much of essence. Even if takes a month or so I wont mind that. Secondly, I would not be at Delhi so running around can not be done. However, I can get it delivered at a designated point.

Last edited by TaureanBull : 28th January 2014 at 17:57.
Old 28th January 2014, 20:02   #162
Senior - BHPian

http://www.agarwalpackers.com/ Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I need to shift my Kinetic Nova from New Delhi to Berhampore (Odisha). What would be the safe and economical mode for transportation.

The time is not much of essence. Even if takes a month or so I wont mind that. Secondly, I would not be at Delhi so running around can not be done. However, I can get it delivered at a designated point.
Old 26th June 2014, 15:33   #163

After reading the posts here, I'm engaging with Skywing Packers & Movers to get my WagonR from Delhi to Bangalore. They are charging me 12.5k (without any transit insurance). They also don't have a problem if I keep some stuff inside the car. I hope I have a good experience. Anybody wary of Skywing, please let me know by tomorrow (by the time they come to pick up my car from my house in Delhi). Else, I'll post my experience hopefully by 5th July.
Old 9th July 2014, 13:08   #164

So I received my car today in Bangalore (9th July) from Skywing after they picked it up from my house in Delhi on 29th June. As from what I enquired they loaded the car in Manesar on the 30th of June and unloaded somewhere beyond Yeshwantpur in Bangalore yesterday morning. So a fair 7-8 days of transit. The guy who came to deliver my car said he had delivered an Audi in the morning which came with the same shipment.
My car is in the same condition as it was in Delhi- only the rain dirt which it might have gathered after unloading yesterday. They removed one of my rear speakers on fixed on the tray and it was kept under the front seat. I'm almost certain it wasn't loose, but then I can't find another reason why it must've been removed. I connected it and it is working fine with the CD which has been inside the stereo since Linkin Park came out with it in June 2012. Those of you with expensive sound systems might want to check with the fixtures before shipping your car.

The tail-lights were already broken by repeated Neutral-parking near my house in Delhi so never bothered to change them there and so I don't know if Skywing really has impeccable service or not

As for the documents part, the guy provided me no documents upon delivery. I wanted some tax receipts/toll or something else just as a proof of the date of entry of the car in Karnataka. But the delivery guy gave me none. Thankfully I had asked my folks to courier the original invoice along with the RC & Insurance Certificate they had received in Delhi, so I hope that works. The PUC certificate which was provided to Skywing in Delhi is nowhere to be found. I'll probably have to suck it up with the police here. But hey, better than paying the godforsaken Bangalore Autowallas anyday! And now I have my darling car with me.

On a different note- I have to get my car serviced and get minor denting painting jobs done (&tail-lamps changed). Any suggestions on a fair-priced workshop near Koramangala? My WagonR is almost 10 years old and badly needs a bumper repair.
Old 23rd July 2014, 07:23   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, do check thoroughly about the transportation company before sending your car. Heard of this company BlueStar that has not delivered an i20 even after 4 months !! Was supposed to be transported from BLR to Rajasthan. The thread is posted in FB.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks