Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2007, 17:13   #16
Team-BHP Support

drive if you can, or else just call up movers and packers, they do pretty good job and yes agarval is one of the better ones
Old 12th February 2007, 17:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania View Post
why dont you ship it ?
You mean ship by sea? I might not be a Geography expert but as far as I know Delhi is a land-locked state. There is no sea within 1000's of kms. of it, so how can he ship it?
Old 12th February 2007, 23:17   #18
lancer_mania

the ship can enter through some river.come on if u really want something to happen im pretty sure it will.

Old 12th February 2007, 23:45   #19
BHPian

Has any one heard the words air shipping and ground shipping ??
Old 13th February 2007, 00:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the ship can enter through some river.come on if u really want something to happen im pretty sure it will.

....sure so what your saying is you want something like this...

to go to delhi in a river pick up the ZEN....go back to high seas and turn left near goa somewhere to its destination......hmmmmm.....
Old 13th February 2007, 00:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No it can't. There are NO ports or infrastructure to do that. Only ways to transport a car from Delhi to down south are:

1. Train
2. Truck
3. Air
4. Road
Old 13th February 2007, 04:27   #22
BANNED

Spoke to some here. It is better to hand over your car to packers and movers. And AGARWAL is considered to be the best.

@lancermania. Don't tell me you were not joking.
Old 13th February 2007, 06:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Always a good idea to tape on some foam packing on the sides of the car and hood to prevent scratches during loading and unloading.

Another way is to pick up the front wheel of the car (FWD) and pull it on the rear wheels. Very popular in the states. Can be towed by a resonably torquey SUV like a Scorpio.

Last edited by Mpower : 13th February 2007 at 06:09.
Old 13th February 2007, 12:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Another way is to pick up the front wheel of the car (FWD) and pull it on the rear wheels. Very popular in the states. Can be towed by a resonably torquey SUV like a Scorpio.
Well that's possible in the US due to the smoother roads MP but will be a problem here as you'll surely sustain underbody damage on our roads. Also not to mention overtaking manouvers will be dangerous too due to our lack of driver training (with respect to other users on the road that is).
Old 13th February 2007, 13:17   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Always a good idea to tape on some foam packing on the sides of the car and hood to prevent scratches during loading and unloading.
Agarwal packers do it themselves or please make sure you get it done.
Quote:

Not a good idea here! Or the car wont have a boot by the time it reaches the destination.
Old 13th February 2007, 15:06   #26
lancer_mania

ofcourse i was.i first meant ship by air but then thought ill have a little fun with iraghava

Old 13th February 2007, 15:14   #27
BHPian

[quote=lancer_mania;372656]what about the A 320.

The A-320 only has bulk capacity which means only loose cargo like cartons or baggage can go into the belly , what shipping a car by air requires pallet capacity which the A-320 does not have .( A pallet is like a flat aluminium plate on which you can load cargo on )

Incidently I am in the process of transporting my car by road , should be in Pune by Sunday the 18th , will share my experience once I receive the car which I am hoping will be without scars !
Old 7th March 2007, 11:09   #28
Team-BHP Support

how was the experience in transporting rchimni?? Which company did you use, how much did they charge, and how was their service?
Old 7th March 2007, 11:15   #29
Team-BHP Support

I am late to the party, eh?
For such a large distance you have two options
1. Drive over a period of 3-4 days.
2. Pay 12000rs to a good transporter and transport it and while its in transit for a week pray. Thats what I did.
Old 7th March 2007, 15:08   #30
BHPian

@KPZEN, since you want to get ur car down to kerala i would suggest you check with some workshops in kerala where some of the mechs are ready to travel to a different state to drive down a car. O'coz you will have to pay them for the onward journey plus food & Stay, and some 2-5K as incentives depending on the distance they need to drive the car. Since these guys are mechanics they would be able to handle any break down too ( god forbid ) if any happens....

PS : If i was free i would have done it for you free of cost

Most Viewed