Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 22:46   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
Agarwal packers say there is no need to take any other insurance as your car insurance is sufficient enough.

Can someone clarify regarding this?
It's enough to have the car insurance. Also some of the packers/movers insure the goods that are in transit.
Old 30th January 2010, 00:35   #92
BHPian

bump !!!!

so herez a checklist is managed after reading 91 posts

1. click car pictures before packing it
2. never give tentative date
3. Octroi ? *** about it
4. Check Train details (if using railway) ?

Anything else i am missing ???
Old 19th March 2010, 04:12   #93
BHPian

bump - anyone has a new story to tell ???
Old 19th March 2010, 04:56   #94
BHPian

MODS: PLEASE MERGE THIS POST WITH MY ABOVE POSTS

Here is MY STORY
Old 7th June 2010, 17:08   #95
BHPian

Review: ABI packers (ABI International)

So i hired ABI to transport my car from chandigarh to Blore. Here is my feedback on the same.

Car:
Chevy Spark
2007 model

Company info:
Head office - Zirakpur (near chandigarh)
Branches - Major cities (may deliver to other cities too)
Website - Packers movers, Movers and packers, Relocation service, Transportation - Home (this doesnt work sometime)
or
ABI International Packers and Movers

Charges:
They charged 12k (50% now and 50% on delivery)

Process:
One of the guys came to collect the car, made a list of items present + scratches.
Next day, early morning, the car left for blr.

They told that the car would be loaded in chandigarh, from there the truck will go to gurgaon to load other vehicles (if space would be available in that truck). This means that the car will NOT BE UNLOADED till it reaches blr which was good.

Aggarwal packers (when asked specifically) told that they will unload the car in gurgaon to be reloaded again in gurgaon. They were charging around 17k.

Arrival:
Car was supposed to be arriving after 10-11 days, but 15 days later, there was no sign of its arrival.
They did not keep me updated on the ETA of the car which i think is a reflection of a crappy service (this started after the 10th day).
They didnt pickup the phones initially...and later gave stupid excuses.
Anyways, the car arrived in blr on 15th night & i picked it up on 16th noon on that peenya road (after yashwantpur)

Condition:
The car was parked in an empty plot near the local office guys house. Tons of mud both inside an outside
The car was given to them after getting it serviced from chandigarh which means the car was clean.
I found chana in a small paper inside the car which makes me think that someone did sit inside the car, enjoyed the A/c, listened to music and what not.
Anyways - there were no damages to the car (inside / outside) which was reliving. Mud can anytime be cleaned and it will go off so though i was unhappy, i was partially happy the car had finally reached blr.

summary:
Hope the car gets no physical damage on delivery.
1. Study the car closely for any scratches / dents (before shipping) + make sure you understand what has been written by the supervisor clearly.

2. In case someone else is taking delivery, make sure to explain them where the scratches & dents are accompanied by pics.

3. Take phone numbers / location of your car dealer / service center along. Make sure you know where the nearest dealer / service center is - sometimes you might want to reach out to them to check the price of any missing item or maybe for an estimate for the damage caused.

Would i recommend them ?
Not sure. Its a 50% chance

Would i recommend any other ?
Your car will be used no matter what - hope for no physical damage on delivery.
Old 8th June 2010, 19:00   #96
BHPian

Few pics - taken on delivery
Attached Thumbnails
Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?-06062010200.jpg  

Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?-06062010201.jpg  

Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?-06062010204.jpg  

Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?-06062010205.jpg  

Old 8th June 2010, 19:33   #97
Senior - BHPian

I recently (april end) moved to Bangalore from Delhi. Used services of Skywing Packers & Movers (they have presence in both cities) for my stuff as well as my car, i10 sportz. everything was delivered in satisfactory condition including the car. It was very dirty (from the outside) though.

It cost me 10k for the car only. They came to my place to collect the car and did an inspection of all scratches etc there. it was noted in the challan/receipt given (I made it a point to get the mileage noted as well). They told me they'll use Maruti's transportation services for car transportation. The car was delivered about 3 days late (they had promised delivery in 10 days but it arrived only 2 weeks later) and they delivered it at my place in blore. Overall a very satisfactory experience. I did not have to go for any extra insurance as they said my existing insurance is enf.
Old 11th July 2010, 23:57   #98
BANNED

Car transportation from Bangalore to Delhi.

Hi

I have a SANTRO (delhi Registered) in Bangalore. While moving from Delhi to Bangalore (2008) I had taken the NOC from the RTO. I never paid the road tax here so the car still remains Delhi Registered. Now I am planning to buy a new car. I stay here alone, so keeping 2 cars does not seem to be a good Idea. Tried selling the car and came across all kind of low balers and jobless people whose hobby is to test drive used cars ONLY. A

Since selling it here is not a good idea+lots of hassles which I don't have time for. I am planning to send the car back to Delhi to a friend and he is willing to buy it at a price which both are OK with.

I have few queries:-
1. Since I have taken the NOC from Delhi in 2008, will the RTO accept the car again now?
2. Which transport is best cost effective and how much would it cost approx?
3. The car is being sold in Delhi again, so for ownership transfer do I have to be present in Delhi?

Not sure if this is the right place for such a query, MODS please do the needful.
Old 12th July 2010, 01:55   #99
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Don't think you need to be there for ownership transfer.
NOCs mostly come with an expiry date. So check about your NOC.
No idea about transportation cost. Best is ask your friend to come down, pay you collect all the papers and drive the car back
Old 12th July 2010, 06:43   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
1. Since I have taken the NOC from Delhi in 2008, will the RTO accept the car again now?
2. Which transport is best cost effective and how much would it cost approx?
3. The car is being sold in Delhi again, so for ownership transfer do I have to be present in Delhi?
Ranjan, NOC, IIRC is issued by local police station after consulting with RTO & has an expiry period of 3/6 months. The main pupose is for taking it to other states, within your state, it holds no purpose.

Transportation, IMO, I would say drive down. I've seen a Fiat Petra or Sienna being mishandled by the transportation company & finally neither the insurance nor the transportation company are willing to set things right.

For transfer of ownership, your physical presence is not required. However you need to sign the Forms; IIRC, its 29 & 30. Also get a sale reciept from the new owner & send it to RTO to state that you've sold the vehicle from your name. This is very very important step.
Old 12th July 2010, 07:23   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Ranjan, NOC, IIRC is issued by local police station after consulting with RTO & has an expiry period of 3/6 months. The main pupose is for taking it to other states, within your state, it holds no purpose.

Transportation, IMO, I would say drive down. I've seen a Fiat Petra or Sienna being mishandled by the transportation company & finally neither the insurance nor the transportation company are willing to set things right.

For transfer of ownership, your physical presence is not required. However you need to sign the Forms; IIRC, its 29 & 30. Also get a sale reciept from the new owner & send it to RTO to state that you've sold the vehicle from your name. This is very very important step.
Good to hear that.

I was under the impression that once they provide an NOC they relieve the car from the RTO and I have to get the car re-registered in some or the other RTO.

Driving down is not an option for me because it is a long way and I don't have the excitement to drive the car so far anymore. Moreover, time will not allow me to do so.

Transfer only form 29 & 30? what is IIRC? and would they not require an ID proof, Address proof etc?
Old 12th July 2010, 12:58   #102
Senior - BHPian

IIRC = if I remember correctly

You need to go back and cancel the NOC.

Your signatures are required for the car to be transferred to your friend.

Your presence is not required as long as your friend can manage the paperwork.

Your friends Id/Proof of address is required as it will be registered under his name.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:23   #103
Senior - BHPian

Driving all the way from Bangalore to Delhi I dont think would be a practical idea. Almost 3000KM of highway travel in a Santro would be very tiring and also its not that safe. best bet is road transportation using some packers/movers service. If the car gets damaged, well its your bad luck!

You can try those transporters that transport cars for manufacturers across India. Probably finding one in Chennai might be easier so you can maybe drive to Chennai and then transport from there. Are there any car manufacturing companies in Bangalore? If yes, then try finding out their transporters and use their services. I would say that is your best bet. I myself used one to shift my i10 from Delhi to Bangalore (I used Skywing Packers and Movers - they charged me 10k for the car and it arrived as good as it was sent in 14 days). I dont know how their service would be from bangalore to delhi (they transport Maruti cars all over India (from Gurgaon) and sent my i10 in a Maruti container).
Old 12th July 2010, 15:33   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Driving all the way from Bangalore to Delhi I dont think would be a practical idea. Almost 3000KM of highway travel in a Santro would be very tiring and also its not that safe.
I completely disagree - there is nothing unsafe about driving on our highways. And it's not like the car is going to be driven through interior roads that can cause damage. As for tiring, I guess a good driver would know when to push and when to take it easy.

Bangalore to Bombay and then on to Delhi is a route that has been done by many BHPians.

I would recommend your friend driving it down, Ranjan.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:38   #105
Senior - BHPian

Contact Hyundai dealers in Delhi and Bangalore.

They may be able to help with the transportation of your car if they have vacant space in their consignment.

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks