Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 17:59   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need to go back and cancel the NOC
Sir, just one question; Ranjan says he's taken the NOC by 2008 & in my best of knowledge the NOC's remain valid for a period of 3 months or max 6 months. So which means, the NOC is expired by now isn't it? So why cancel when the validity itself is lost in first place? I'm recalling this from my experience of transfer of my RX from KL to TN during 1999.

@Ranjan - Just check out this site; though its for TN, I hope it gives you some insight. You will require forms 29 & 30 for sure & may be 28; and 31 for HP/lease which I'm not sure.
Old 12th July 2010, 18:47   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal.prabhu1 View Post
I completely disagree - there is nothing unsafe about driving on our highways. And it's not like the car is going to be driven through interior roads that can cause damage. As for tiring, I guess a good driver would know when to push and when to take it easy.

Bangalore to Bombay and then on to Delhi is a route that has been done by many BHPians.

I would recommend your friend driving it down, Ranjan.
1. Safety: Fact No. 1: India has the largest number of road fatalities in the world

2. Feasibility Blr - Del in Santro: Distance approx 3000 KMs. Lets say one can drive max 10-12 hrs a day and average speed that can be done on indian roads is 40 kmph that means one can do at max 400-500 kms per day. Anything more would be very tough ( I recently did Ooty trip in an Innova. We reached Ooty from Blr in 8 hours - distance b/w Blr and Ooty is 300 odd KMs). So one would need to drive almost 6-7 days to reach Delhi from Blr. Imagine the money spent in hotels, food, petrol (petrol alone will cost something like 5000 at least) and earnings loss (1 week wages/holidays.) Not to mention tiredness. India doesnt have highways like US nor are the cars very comfy here (at least Santro isint for a long distance drive). There are no freeways here, no lanes, mostly even no dividers and the worst part is entire towns/villages live on the so called highways so you cant drive very fast continuously at long stretches!!! A 130KM drive from Blr to Mysore takes 4 hours (that when we started at 5 in the morning).

I once brought my ex-car (Alto Lxi) from Delhi to Jhansi (410 KMs). It took us (2 drivers) 14 hours to negotiate the distance!!! The highway passes thru the city of Agra. Took us 2 hours just to pass the city (10-15 kms!!!) Now just extrapolate it for Delhi-Blr!!
Old 12th July 2010, 19:10   #108
BANNED

Thanks all,

Driving the car from Bang to Delhi is not my cup of tea. It is too tiring and time consuming. I also agree SANTRO is not a safe car for highways.

I have searched some online sites and they do transport vehicles. Have filled the form required, but never received any calls from the representatives. Will go to movers and packers in the weekend to check if they do it for me.

So as per the discussion above, NOC is not an issue and ownership transfer should be easy there. Only issue is transportation, right?
Old 12th July 2010, 19:37   #109
Senior - BHPian

I say you look up your maruti dealers, they bring in cars by the truck full - their trucks would go to gurgaon EMPTY. Which means any income is good - i know someone who sent their car same way frm blr in 2005 in 3000 bucks

These truckers are almost never involved in accidents (by and large) and are the best way to transport your car.
Old 12th July 2010, 19:42   #110
Senior - BHPian

I strongly agree to phamilyman's suggestion, but my only question will be, will they do it? But it has to be done only on trust basis because for any minor damage or theft should occur, they'll not take any responsibility.

Yes, you can approach the movers & packers as this is the only option left out; and Ranjan check out this article on. Hope this helps.
Old 12th July 2010, 19:51   #111
BANNED

Thanks aargee will check.

@Phamilyman - Can you get me the contact of these guys from your friend if possible? Moreover, I think it may be too risky by sending it through these guys. To save some bucks I may loose the car itself.

Also, any Idea if Indian Railways take cars? like they take bikes?
Old 12th July 2010, 20:17   #112
Senior - BHPian

Yes you can book car by railways. You wont save lot. There are lots of problems. Basically you will have to bribe each and every clerk to book as well to take out the car. If you dont he will drain all possible oils to the last drop. Dont be surprised to see few scratches here and there.

Transporting by car carriers is the safe and best choice. I am not sure about 3000/- but definitely you can get a deal for 5k. He will drop the car near maruti factory in Gurgaon. I transported my car from Delhi to Coimbatore and back an year ago.

Rest answers you have got. Just send the form 29 and 30 signed. In case the car was under hypothecation you also need to give form 35 duly signed by the financing company.
Old 12th July 2010, 20:17   #113
Senior - BHPian

Again Ranjan, you've everything answered in TBhp long back. All you need to do is search, search, search
Source - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...companies.html

Last edited by aargee : 12th July 2010 at 20:18.
Old 12th July 2010, 20:30   #114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Yes you can book car by railways. You wont save lot. There are lots of problems. Basically you will have to bribe each and every clerk to book as well to take out the car. If you dont he will drain all possible oils to the last drop. Dont be surprised to see few scratches here and there.

Transporting by car carriers is the safe and best choice. I am not sure about 3000/- but definitely you can get a deal for 5k. He will drop the car near maruti factory in Gurgaon. I transported my car from Delhi to Coimbatore and back an year ago.

Rest answers you have got. Just send the form 29 and 30 signed. In case the car was under hypothecation you also need to give form 35 duly signed by the financing company.
No Loans on the car right now. Anyways, If you have the contact number of the person who helped you transport your car, please provide me if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Again Ranjan, you've everything answered in TBhp long back. All you need to do is search, search, search
Source - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...companies.html
Yeah, had gone through this thread. The information given is not of much help for me or anyone out here.
Old 28th March 2011, 23:41   #115
Senior - BHPian

Re: Whats the Best way to transport a car??

Hi All,
Need some help here regarding transporting a car to Guwahati, Assam. I'm thinking about the possibilities of shifting my Baleno there to my parent's place. I would like to know about few things,
1. Is it safe to transport the car like that? Do I need to take any extra insurance for the transit?
2. How much would be the charges? Approximate values atleast? 10-15k?
3. The Loan on the car is there for a year more. So do I need to get some kind of NOC from the bank along with RTO NOC? Also what all procedures I need to follow for RTO?
4. Should I take care of removing the ORVMs and stuffs like that which are protruding outside the body?
5. Any recommended carriers from Bangalore to Guwahati?
Please do respond if anyone have any info. It'll be of great help. As for time being it'll be almost impossible for me to drive her down as I won't be able to get so many leaves.
Regards,
Old 20th April 2011, 12:23   #116
Senior - BHPian

Moving from Delhi to Bangalore. How to get my Civic to Bangalore?

Hello All,
I am moving to Bangalore in 45 days. Three questions:

1) I was wondering what is the recommended way of getting my 1.5 yrs old CIVIC to Bangalore from Delhi? Does trailer service from movers/packers take a big car such as CIVIC or ACCORD? Is it a recommended option? How about driving down all the way?

As the Honda factory is in Greater Noida, they must have special transporters to ferry their brand new cars to south. Would they allow taking individual Honda car along with their brand new cars on their trailers?

2) I will be using my CIVIC for a year or two in Bangalore, and will take it back to Delhi then. So, I guess, I don't need to worry about registration and road tax in Bangalore. Would there be any issues with the cops?

3) I have a 3 yrs loan on my CIVIC. Would I need to get any special permit/NOC from the bank/Delhi's RTO to be able to take the car outside of Delhi?

Would appreciate your feedbacks and suggestions.
Old 20th April 2011, 12:44   #117
BHPian

Re: Moving from Delhi to Bangalore. How to get my Civic to Bangalore?

Hi, Welcome to Bangalore ( although I'm currently not in Bangalore ).

1. I think you would need to take the help of some packers and movers. I doubt the Honda guys would transport your car alongwith their, but I'm not too knowledgeable on this.
2. Since you are moving only for 2 years, just tell the cops that you are here temporarily. Keep a recent toll tax receipt from a neighbouring state in the car, just in case. The toll receipt is valid for 6 months, but normally cops don't harass you much if you tell them that you are here temporarily.
3. I don't think you would need any NOC from the bank or the RTO to take it outside.
Enjoy your stay in Bangalore.
Old 20th April 2011, 12:57   #118
BHPian

[quote=iTNerd;2320472]
1) I was wondering what is the recommended way of getting my 1.5 yrs old CIVIC to Bangalore from Delhi? Does trailer service from movers/packers take a big car such as CIVIC or ACCORD? Is it a recommended option? How about driving down all the way?
quote]

If I were you, then I would drive down. The sheer joy of driving the Civic for such a long journey beats every other option hollow

You also have the option of P&M. They do this all the time. I have seen and innova being transported by a P&M, so civic should not be an issue.

The other two points have already been answered by Newpunter.
Old 21st April 2011, 15:58   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Hello All,
I am moving to Bangalore in 45 days. Three questions:

As the Honda factory is in Greater Noida, they must have special transporters to ferry their brand new cars to south. Would they allow taking individual Honda car along with their brand new cars on their trailers?

2) I will be using my CIVIC for a year or two in Bangalore, and will take it back to Delhi then. So, I guess, I don't need to worry about registration and road tax in Bangalore. Would there be any issues with the cops?

3) I have a 3 yrs loan on my CIVIC. Would I need to get any special permit/NOC from the bank/Delhi's RTO to be able to take the car outside of Delhi?

Would appreciate your feedbacks and suggestions.
I moved to Bangalore from Delhi last week and my employer took care of shifting my car along with other house hold stuff. They used Trasnworld Intl. and it reached today in perfect condition. They even washed the car before delivering . Highly recommended.

Even I have a loan on my car and no formalities need to be done to send the car. If you want to register in Bangalore then only you need to take NOC from bank.
Old 21st April 2011, 19:44   #120
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Newpunter, Chand! I would love to drive down, but I can't do solo. (have not done such long journey alone!) If anyone from Bangalore who is in North, heading to or want to head to Bangalore via road, let me know. I would be happy to get a company, and a co-driver of course !

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
I moved to Bangalore from Delhi last week and my employer took care of shifting my car along with other house hold stuff. They used Trasnworld Intl. and it reached today in perfect condition. They even washed the car before delivering . Highly recommended.

Even I have a loan on my car and no formalities need to be done to send the car. If you want to register in Bangalore then only you need to take NOC from bank.
That's great! I asked Transworld Intl, and they say, for CIVIC, it would be around 18.5K + 1.5 or 2% transport insurance + 10.5% service tax. And yes, they will transport it on a specially designed trailer that can carry 4-5 cars at a time. 8-10 days delivery time.

But the question is not about the transportation charges, its the concern about the state of the car I will be getting in Bangalore!... I am confused... in a tight spot!..

Last edited by iTNerd : 21st April 2011 at 19:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks