Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2007, 13:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Nightmare in Kufri - was this our bhpian's family?

Guys, here's a link to an article in the Delhi TOI today about more than 70 members of a family who went to Shilon Bagh (12 kms from Kufri) last weekend to celebrate a silver wedding anniversary in the family. There were kids & a few octogenarians as well. In a nutshell, they were stuck after the heavy snowfall last Sunday & eventually ran out of water, provisions & woollens.

Man, it must have been one scary experience, more so for the old people in the group, imagine running out of medicines etc. They were eventually rescued after the administration sent snow cutters & other relief.

I was wondering if our own Ajay Wadhwa was part of this group or perhaps related to the family in question. Ajay....?

Dream weekend turns into nightmare

What I couldn't fathom was why they didn't carry adequate woollens with them considering they were going up to a hill station which would normally be pretty chilly in the evenings at this time of the year!
Old 15th February 2007, 13:38   #2
BHPian

its scary scenario .....
Old 15th February 2007, 13:44   #3
Team-BHP Support

Ajay was getting married on 14th Feb, did not know whether the marriage was supposed to be in Kufri.
As for shilon resorts, its a pretty upmarket one, and they tout themselves as the best in the region.
I wonder how will it fare for their (un)popularity

Last edited by tsk1979 : 15th February 2007 at 13:45.
Old 15th February 2007, 13:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

70,000 for a night ???? Man, are they human ??? These people will never get to do good business. And what is Ajay's handle here in TBHP ? i sincerely hope it is not him. (Praying)
Old 15th February 2007, 14:00   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, that is really scary. Instantly reminded me of the movie "ALIVE"
Old 15th February 2007, 14:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
70,000 for a night ???? Man, are they human ??? These people will never get to do good business. And what is Ajay's handle here in TBHP ? i sincerely hope it is not him. (Praying)
a4_attitude is his handle....well, the group had gone to celebrate a 25th anniversary, didn't say anything about a marriage. In view of what Tsk says about his wedding being on the 14th, I don't think he would be part of the group....but can't say for sure.

70k for a night is expensive but don't forget there were around 70 of them!
Old 15th February 2007, 15:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Can't be Ajay's family since his wedding was on Lawrence Road yesterday & I had been to his engagement party on Saturday. So there was no way he could have gone to Kufri.

Feel really sorry for the family though, sad to see they had to suffer such hardships.
Old 17th February 2007, 20:52   #8
BANNED

Stupid Tourists ............

Hey, It really was hard luck for this group but trust me ... NO SYMPATHIES from me towards them and all those howling tourists .....

Who in their right senses would travel to the hills during winters without carrying woolens .... and then u HOWL that u freezing -- When going to teh hills , even if its summers one shud always carry warm clothes coz u never know when the weather changes -- after all it aint a beach resort . Also , everyone knows that it can snow leading to roads and stuff getting blocked so plan accordingly , I mean choose your destination accordingly --- !!!

Just dont start hollering at the admin for not doing enough ...... and expect them to come running to your aid !!! As for fleecing .... the owners of these properties are again city dwellers , and they have shown their true colors , and the public will soon forget about this incident abnd start heading there again till it happens again .

Articles like this are hilarious ....... and they are created for the clueless souls in teh cities who have no clue bout ground realities ... !!!!!!! Infact IMHO , this family shud be billed by the HP Govt for giving them so much head ache ..................................

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks