Team-BHP - R.I.P. Yogesh Sarkar of BCMTouring.com
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   R.I.P. Yogesh Sarkar of BCMTouring.com (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/213590-r-i-p-yogesh-sarkar-bcmtouring-com.html)

Just heard from Sheel that Yogesh Sarkar of BCMTouring.com has passed away. He was in Leh & the cause of death appears to be AMS.

Am shocked! A life too young to be gone :(. He was a BHPian and I remember interacting with him about forum stuff many years back. He was super helpful & came across as a genuinely nice guy.

RIP buddy. And sincerest condolences to his family.

Update: Cremation at Hari Nagar Cremation Ground - 2 PM - 26th September

R.I.P. Yogesh Sarkar of BCMTouring.com-y1.jpg

R.I.P. Yogesh Sarkar of BCMTouring.com-y2.jpg

R.I.P. Yogesh Sarkar of BCMTouring.com-y3.jpg

Sad to know about the demise. Have interacted with him long back in BCMTouring and XBhp.

May his soul rest in peace. May GOD gives power to his family to tide through the sad phase.

--Anoop

OMG! Such sad news I liked his forum, his blog posts and his reviews. Too young to be gone.

RIP Yogesh, hope his family finds strength to face this calamity.

An extremely sad news. May Lord Almighty give enough strength to his near and dear ones to cope up with this irreparable loss.

I have interacted with him on a couple of occasions while planning some of my Himalayan trips, he had been really helpful with his inputs every time. I was reading his updates on Facebook, he had posted a couple of days back that he wasn't well due to wheezing and cold and that he had a flight to catch to Leh the next day. I am sure nobody would have anticipated the turn of events at that point of time. As soon as I got the info on Whatsapp regarding his sad demise, I immediately checked his Facebook page hoping that the Whatsapp messages were hoax texts but sadly his last Facebook post had comments full of condolence messages.

Yogesh took his last breath doing something he loved - travelling in the lap of nature. He will be missed. May his soul rest in peace.

I'm shell shocked! A passionate photographer and a truly avid traveller. Gone too soon.

RIP. :(

Cheers!
VJ

RIP Yogesh! I\'ll see you when I see you! Tiger!

May the family have strength!

An awesome guy who had a genuine passion for exploring. Had a craving for the himalayas and the solace is that he found eternal peace among the mountains that he loved. RIP buddy, thou shall be missed.

That is very sad and scary news. RIP Yogesh.
I loved BCMTouring as much as I loved T-BHP.

How shocking! May God give his family the courage to tide over this!

Truly shocking news. A nice, helpful guy. A true wanderer.
RIP, YS.

Whoa! I was connected to Yogesh on Facebook for a few years and I was following his latest trip to Leh, his 10th time there!

This is really shocking and really reinforces the fact that this trip is inherently dangerous and even old timers with their immense experience need to be careful.

Truly a sad day for the community. Rest in peace my friend.

Shocking news! Can\'t believe it and will take some time to settle in, similar to the news of Rtech and Sam Kapasi :-(

Shocking news, I have interacted with him in BCM-touring, a down to earth person, a great photographer, warm and helpful. I guess, his popularity was such that he was invited by J&K tourism to photograph and promote tourism in the valley. One of the things I liked in his forum is that he maintained a column with live status of high altitude passes. He will be surely missed, may his soul rest in peace.

Shocking news to say the least! Just heard this a while ago and still can\'t believe it! Over the last decade or so I saw bcmtouring growing into a full fledged travel related forum from a handful of members and YS was someone who was always helpful in guiding people for travel advisories. I really don\'t ve any words for the untimely demise of such a young soul. RIP

This is shocking. Yogesh was kind enough to guide us on an offbeat Leh trip that I had done a few years years ago - when information on many Leh wasn\'t as easily available as it is today. Thanks to him we had one of the most memorable trip of our lives covering some really off beat remote areas. Its sad to hear this news. May he find peace in the after-world.