You Tube Music 55 13.48%
Google Music 14 3.43%
Some other 95 23.28%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2019, 12:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Which music streaming platform do you prefer?

JioSaavn for me. Gaana has more local content but Saavn better collection for international content.

Although detest Saavn that they don't allow HD streaming from the website (only 128kbps) on pc which gaana does.

Though have prime music have never tried it. No idea about Spotify or Youtube music.
Old 25th October 2019, 13:13   #17
BHPian

Voted for Amazon Prime.

I find, they have a good collection of music and audio media for the genre that I prefer. The quality of sound output is quite satisfactory when played on my Bluetooth sound bar.
Old 25th October 2019, 13:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wynk, I am not a audiophile, so meets most of my needs. Has option to download songs and play offline. I use this primarily, my playlist is very finite of about 100 songs.
Old 25th October 2019, 13:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Spotify for me. Their curation and default playlists are very good. Apple Music is also good but I am stuck with playing my music only on Phones and PC. Spotify has a wide range support for players. I also have Youtube music.

At home I usually buy my favorite songs on Itunes and download them in to my local file share. Stream them in multiple rooms using Squeezebox. The quality of downloaded music is definitely superior if you have quality audio system.
Old 25th October 2019, 13:36   #20
BHPian

I use Gaana.

There was some offer from Flipkart, got a year of free subscription, working fine for me.
Old 25th October 2019, 13:38   #21
BHPian

I have Google Play music subscription for my car, so I use it with Android Auto. I like Amazon music better, but the voice search on Android Auto only works with Play music, so have stuck with it for now. Amazon music used to have lots of bugs in Android Auto earlier, but they have fixed most of the bugs and it is pretty good right now.
Old 25th October 2019, 16:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Gaana+ for me. Absolutely loving every bit of it. Streaming quality is topnotch and option to download high bit-rate music is an added bonus for offline listening.
Old 25th October 2019, 17:03   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
but the voice search on Android Auto only works with Play music,
Why not try Alexa with Prime, it works in my case, in both android and otherwise.
Old 25th October 2019, 17:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I like Amazon music better, but the voice search on Android Auto only works with Play music, so have stuck with it for now.
I am able to configure "Spotify" as the default service to "Ok Google". I did it using Google Home app on my Android phone. You can try to configure Amazon music as default service for "Ok Google".

Last edited by satish_appasani : 25th October 2019 at 17:20.
Old 25th October 2019, 17:23   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I have active subscriptions to Apple Music, Google YT Premium, Wynk, Jiosaavn, Spotify (US and India), Amazon Music, Deezer Hi-fi and last but not the least Tidal Hi-Fi.

I had subscribed to Qobuz HiFi for a few months but could not justify the high premium.

My favs in order of preference:

Compressed audio - Spotify, Google YT/Music, Apple Music, Amazon Music. Jiosaavn and Wynk

Uncompressed/Hi-Fi - Tidal, Deezer and Qobuz. For sheer sound quality nothing to beat Qobuz Sublime but it's simply too expensive.

I wish Amazon would launch hi-fi in India, ditto with Spotify.

But if I have to choose a # 1 regardless of sound quality it would be Spotify coz it seems to know exactly what I like. That algorithm is fantastic.

Last edited by R2D2 : 25th October 2019 at 17:27. Reason: addition
Old 25th October 2019, 19:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

I'm using Gaana. Wife's choice since It does its job I guess. But I'll try Spotify and Prime, one of these days.
Old 25th October 2019, 20:43   #27
BHPian

Most of the music I listen to, is downloaded. But sometimes that urge to listen to certain tracks which aren't available on my downloaded lists, I find them on Amazon. And prime membership is something I already have mainly for the Store amenities, so I just go ahead and use their Video and Music as well. Oh, and Yes, Alexa recognizes what I ask for, pretty well, on Android auto. So that's convenient as well.
Old 26th October 2019, 11:33   #28
BHPian

YouTube music is the best for me. Most haven't used it cause it's paid unlike SoundCloud and all however it gives you absolutely all the music that's ever been uploaded on YouTube in an add-free experience. Be it original tracks, amateur remixes, voice over tracks, mashups and even provides recommendation lists with hours-long song compilations based on your listening history. It's like using youtube but without the videos. In addition, it also seamlessly syncs with your favourite music video playlist on YouTube giving you it's audio versions on the go.

Also, have used Amazon prime music but found the number of songs very limited and often had myself hunting for certain songs in vain.

Last edited by Starfire : 26th October 2019 at 11:39.
Old 26th October 2019, 11:52   #29
BHPian

Have voted for other.

Primarily I use Jio Saavn for hindi music, Youtube Music for mixed music comprising local, mashups and other instrumentals and Spotify anrdoid app for listening to english songs. I have just recently started listening on Spotify so haven't got the hang of the app yet. Occassionally I tune in to Amazon Music and Gaana. Just because of ny hopping around the different providers, I have acquired active subscriptions to all the service providers.
Old 26th October 2019, 12:05   #30
BHPian

Voted 'some other'. It's Tune-in Radio for me. Has everything I need - Amazingly user friendly, countless stations, and stable.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks