Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2015, 02:07   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: H1B visa -Your Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Easy for body shoppers to bypass this rule.
Create a holding company in US, create 2-3 or more fully owned companies under that , and trade as one of those by taking care that 'bodies' being 'shopped' does not exceed 50 under any of your multiple entities.
I wonder if it would make sense for them to open a new company every time their count crossed 50.

Anyway, this is a good move to discourage blatant flouting of the H1B process by US companies.
Old 23rd December 2015, 02:22   #212
Team-BHP Support

There is one proposal which may work. Lower limit to H1B salary at 120K or something.
This would suddenly put the body shoppers out of business.
Old 1st April 2016, 18:27   #213
Senior - BHPian

And the circus starts again. All the best to those applying again or fresh this year! There will again be a lottery this year.
Old 1st April 2016, 18:41   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
And the circus starts again. All the best to those applying again or fresh this year! There will again be a lottery this year.
Are all the applications filed on April 1st? Or is it spread over the month? I was just curious to know because some of my friends are applying.

And is the lottery in May or June?

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st April 2016, 18:55   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Are all the applications filed on April 1st? Or is it spread over the month? I was just curious to know because some of my friends are applying.

And is the lottery in May or June?

Thanks in advance.
April 1st is when they start accepting applications. And they will continue to accept applications till April 7th. Lottery is conducted within a week of April 7th. But there is a large time window during which applicants can expect to hear back from them, unless they file under premium processing. Under premium processing, there is a set date by which USCIS has to respond. I think it is somewhere in the middle of May.
Old 1st April 2016, 19:02   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
April 1st is when they start accepting applications. And they will continue to accept applications till April 7th. Lottery is conducted within a week of April 7th. But there is a large time window during which applicants can expect to hear back from them, unless they file under premium processing. Under premium processing, there is a set date by which USCIS has to respond. I think it is somewhere in the middle of May.

Thanks. So that means even if the lottery is conducted in mid-April, the results will first be known to the premium processing applicants, and then to the others? Otherwise i see no reason for paying more for premium processing.
Old 1st April 2016, 19:30   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. So that means even if the lottery is conducted in mid-April, the results will first be known to the premium processing applicants, and then to the others? Otherwise i see no reason for paying more for premium processing.
Yes that is correct. $1225 should get you at least that much!
Old 1st April 2016, 19:31   #218
BHPian

Quote:
I guess so. Anyway the visa is valid only from Oct Onwards, so I don't find any point in premium processing
Old 3rd April 2016, 12:02   #219

Hi everyone,

Need some advice on my situation. I am H1B Visa holder, got my stamping done on Dec 3 2015 through my company. Currently on bench waiting for project to travel onsite since 3 months and its been dragging on, HR keeps saying that there are no suitable projects right now and it takes more time.

1. Can i switch to another company who might send me onsite.? If yes, will there be a re-tamping ? Are there any risks involved ?

2. I am under bond of 2yrs/ 5000USD, as i got my visa through my company.?

Please help

Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 17:13   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavgunreddy View Post
Hi everyone,

Need some advice on my situation. I am H1B Visa holder, got my stamping done on Dec 3 2015 through my company. Currently on bench waiting for project to travel onsite since 3 months and its been dragging on, HR keeps saying that there are no suitable projects right now and it takes more time.

1. Can i switch to another company who might send me onsite.? If yes, will there be a re-tamping ? Are there any risks involved ?

Please help

Thanks
1. You can transfer the visa to another employer and stamping is NOT required again.

2. This is about ethics, and you need to answer it your self!
Old 3rd April 2016, 21:36   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Can i switch to another company who might send me onsite.? If yes, will there be a re-tamping ? Are there any risks involved ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
1. You can transfer the visa to another employer and stamping is NOT required again.

If the employer changes, then re-stamping is required as the VISA has the employer name on it and USCIS should have the information about the employer you are changing.
Old 3rd April 2016, 21:47   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
If the employer changes, then re-stamping is required as the VISA has the employer name on it and USCIS should have the information about the employer you are changing.
AFAIK, he will get a new 797, but the visa on the passport will be valid until it expires.
Old 3rd April 2016, 21:54   #223
BHPian

USCIS starts accepting applications from April 1st, till October. However as they receive more applications they stop accepting the applications as soon as they feel they've got enough. How much is enough is still not on paper.

65K H1Bs, out of which 6.8K reserved for Singapore and Chile residents. 20K additional for students in US. You should hear from USCIS by end of July. If you don't, then your application might have not been selected.

If your application gets picked, then you might have to consult a US embassy near you get the Visa stamped, but you will only get the legal status to work in the US from October 2016.

If you are already in the US, you need to apply for a COS (Change of Status). But you need to get H1B stamped if you travel out of the country and without stamping you cannot re-enter US in case of COS.

USCIS is the most profitable, revenue generating for US federal govt. They feed on India! During the recession, USCIS is the only federal body which was working overtime and generating revenue.

All the best to the aspirants.
Old 3rd April 2016, 22:02   #224
BHPian

Quote:

Yes you can change your company. There are many consultants in the US who pick-up H1B visa holders and do the transfer. No, re-stamping is not required.

Regarding bond, you may have to pay the amount to your company 5K USD which is around 3.35L INR.

Getting H1B is pure luck, after obtaining it, wasting even a day is a crime. Talk to your employer, get going.
Old 3rd April 2016, 22:17   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
AFAIK, he will get a new 797, but the visa on the passport will be valid until it expires.

You are right! A new 797 is required for sure but what I have heard and experienced till now is that we need to get the Re-stamping because the 797 will have the new employer and the VISA still has the old employer. Its possible that its not a mandate though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks