Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2020, 12:01   #136
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Reliance Jio Fiber reviews, pros & cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Speed is 100 mbps download and 10 mbps upload.
Isn't the upload speed way too low? Ideally there should be minimal difference between download & upload speed or so i thought.
Old 20th July 2020, 12:22   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Isn't the upload speed way too low? Ideally there should be minimal difference between download & upload speed or so i thought.
Yes it is. Doesn't bothers me because my upload is really limited. However, for someone who needs it for work on a daily basis it may be a concern and they may try Airtel. Ideally it should be as much as the download speed.
Old 1st September 2020, 12:22   #138
Senior - BHPian

https://www.jio.com/fiber/en-in/plans

Jio has updated their plans.
I have opted for silver plan. 825 with GST. Gives 100mbps speed and 3300 gb data for a month. Upload speed has been fixed too.
Attached Thumbnails
Reliance Jio Fiber reviews, pros & cons-screenshot_20200901122002_chrome.jpg  

Reliance Jio Fiber reviews, pros & cons-screenshot_20200901121948_chrome.jpg  

Reliance Jio Fiber reviews, pros & cons-screenshot_20200901121956_chrome.jpg  

Reliance Jio Fiber reviews, pros & cons-screenshot_20200901121931_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st September 2020 at 13:24. Reason: there > their
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 12:40   #139
BHPian

Jio effect: Got a message from Airtel saying my plan has been updated from 150GB to unlimited. It states there is more in store and will update soon.
Old 8th September 2020, 12:54   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Not at all. 1/8th or 1/10th of the promised speed is the actual download speed you will get with any ISP where 1/10,1/8 is the contention ratio.
100Mbps is the main tunnel carrying that much data which is further divided to the connections.
Old 8th September 2020, 13:01   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Jio effect: Got a message from Airtel saying my plan has been updated from 150GB to unlimited. It states there is more in store and will update soon.
Airtel has updated there plans.
In most places they are -

499 - 40mbps unlimited
799 - 100mbps unlimited
999 - 200mbps unlimited
1499 - 300mbps unlimited
3999 - 1gbps unlimited

There is ofcourse 3300gb per month fup.
Old 8th September 2020, 13:07   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
This might be relevant to you sir

https://www.medianama.com/2020/09/22...jio-data-caps/
Old 28th September 2020, 23:48   #143
BHPian

Anyone using Jio fiber in chennai please provide your reviews? Is it reliable and how is customer service in terms of technical support?
Old 11th February 2021, 08:47   #144
BHPian

Updating this old thread & sharing my experience of the trial offer of Jio fibre.

Our society complex finally got jio fibre cables laid couple of months ago. I decided to try their Free 1 month Trial offer for broadband only.

1500/- was for trial period, which was supposed to be “fully refunded” if I disconnect within 30 days.
Took the 100 mbps plan. They provided their own router.
But during installation the engineer could not place it centrally in my apartment. So had to adjust it in the living room.
Also the engineer could not get my smart tv connected to the router, which was working like a charm on my existing local ISP.

For 999/- for 100mbps, found it expensive compared to my existing local ISP.

Finally decided to stay with my local ISP, decided to cancel the trial offer and get my 1500/- back.
Post asking customer service to cancel the trial plan they took 2 weeks to disconnect and take away the device.
As refund got only 500/- back and not 1500/- which was committed.

This post is only to make you aware of their practices to lure customers in the name of trial offer.
Plus, I can only imagine the quality of customer service when they have a huge customer base.

I’d stay away from jio fibre.

https://www.jio.com/registration
Reliance Jio Fiber reviews, pros & cons-abee66a514d64c65ba51829cece22011.jpeg
pankajn1702 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 08:56   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajn1702 View Post

Finally decided to stay with my local ISP, decided to cancel the trial offer and get my 1500/- back.
Post asking customer service to cancel the trial plan they took 2 weeks to disconnect and take away the device.
What justification did they give for not refunding the whole amount?
Old 11th February 2021, 10:25   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For 999/- for 100mbps, found it expensive compared to my existing local ISP.
Is this the 699+gst plan or the 999+gst plan? Because in 699+gst you get 100 mbps while in 999+gst you get 150 mbps + OTT access. We have 3 JioFibre connections and are happy with the service compared to local ISPs. Till a while back, Jio had a cap on usage post which speeds were throttled. Now, there is no such restriction.

I have both Ion and Jio at home and frankly, since the past 2+ years, there hasn't been more than 3-4 instances of downtime - including cable snaps, which they promptly fixed the same day. Ion service too has improved post Jio, and they certainly have economical plans, but speeds are on the lower side too.
Old 11th February 2021, 10:30   #147
Senior - BHPian

In our residential locality we don't get many options for an ISP - its either bsnl, asianet, keralavision and another local fiber ISP. Less talked about BSNL the better. Airtel fiber does not serve our area although they are present a few kms away and has not reached here even after 3 - 4 years and lot of enquiries.

So after having used in (chronological order since 1998) bsnl dialup, asianet cable, bsnl wimax, asianet cable, keralavision fiber, jio&airtel 4g load balanced and now Jio fiber I have to say that this is the best connection I have had so far in our home! I took jio in November 2020 and after the trial plan of 150mbps I am now on 100mbps plan, so far so good. I have not opted for their set top box as I don't watch much tv and for when I do its either cable or firetv.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 11:05   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Updating this old thread & sharing my experience of the trial offer of Jio fibre.

---
Here's my very short interaction with Jio FIber.

Saturday: Requested for new connection. Jio guys come, take documents. Paid Rs.1500/- with the promises that the amount will be refunded if the connection is cancelled within 30 days

Monday: Jio guys come with the router and installed it. Working fine, though speed inconsistent.

Tuesday: Working fine in the morning. By 4 PM, its disconnected. Red light blinking, no network. Made a call to CC to register a complaint. Was promised that someone will come by 9AM next day.

Wednesday: 9AM comes and goes. Made another call to CC. Promised to check and call back. No call backs, big surprise . Call again by evening, explain same story. Reply is that all service personnel are busy and someone will come the next day by 11AM.

Thursday: 11AM comes and goes. By afternoon, I made another call to CC. Same story, all service personnel are busy, someone will come as soon as possible.

Friday: No one bothers to even call. I get fed up, request for disconnection. Said someone will come to pick up the router in a couple of days.

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and now Thursday: No one has come yet.

TLDR: Used Jio Fiber for 5 days, 3.5 days out of which the network was down and no one came to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
What justification did they give for not refunding the whole amount?
Seems out of the 1500, 1000 is the installation charges. 500 is the refundable security deposit.

Well played Jio <insert obscene finger gesture here>

Back to my old trusty Readylink connection now.
GeneralJazz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 11:33   #149
Senior - BHPian

I have been facing problems playing Online games on JIO FIBER. I have a PS4 and play GTA Online, earlier it used to work fine on Jio Fiber connection. Recently, The game fails to connect to the GTA servers by JIO Fiber, it connects fine if I use my mobile hotspot and connect my PS4 to it. A quick google search reveals that many other people face this problem. I have also been facing problem with speeds, my usage is heavy and seems like Jio is throttling the speeds based on usage.
Old 11th February 2021, 12:13   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDragon3 View Post
Anyone using Jio fiber in chennai please provide your reviews? Is it reliable and how is customer service in terms of technical support?
We've been using since 2019 March since the freebie period. Enjoyed during their freebie & this is the second year of our subscription & opted for Gold plan. Quite happy with annual payment of 21K for 300 Mbps where in reality it varies from 220 to 270 Mbps. But then its more than sufficient for all of us.

We required service two times and both times I had to escalate to highest point to get attention. First time, the cable got cut, the guy who came to attend didn't show up but closed the ticket. Escalated & then they came running to fix to my satisfaction.

Second time, the issue was peculiar, the modem lights would start blinking red post midnight every single day. The guy who visited said he knows for sure that modem is to be replaced. My intuition said BIG NO by the way he said he knows it all. Had to live with the problem for some 2 weeks during which we had some 4-5 folks visiting. Again escalation & still no resolution except for replacing modem & I was again saying no. Meanwhile I renewed my backup internet line of 100 Mbps during all these troubles. Then finally a guy came who said it's the issue with the connectors & he clipped both the end points of the optic fiber (post & home) and that became a happy ending.

From 2004 to 2016 we were under the influence of BSNL (paid some 27K for 8 Mbps line) which was resulting no more than 4 & 6 very rarely. But the line was quite stable & wouldn't conk off and when it does, we were at the mercy of BSNL. Compared to these times, Jio is far superior, however when it comes to service, Jio always reminds me of BSNL's.

So Jio is nothing but high-tech form of BSNL is what I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Here's my very short interaction with Jio FIber
Pls see my post above, you might get a solution for red blinking lights

Last edited by Sheel : 12th February 2021 at 10:24. Reason: As requested.
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks