Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2020, 07:51   #121
BHPian

Re: Reliance Jio Fiber reviews, pros & cons

I have noticed that the data consumption shown by Jio is ridiculous. Jio was recharged on 24th June with 100 GB data and yesterday I saw that 50GB data was consumed. No one in the house has watched any 4K content. The max I watched was some Netflix shows on the mobile.

Has anyone else faced this issue?
Old 1st July 2020, 08:53   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
I have noticed that the data consumption shown by Jio is ridiculous. .....
Yes - From day 1 each of using both Jio 4G on mobile and then on Jio Fiber at home. I run parallel Airtel Fiber also for resilience and load distribution and when I have switched loads I have found Airtel data statistics significantly lower.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 10:51   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Yes - From day 1 each of using both Jio 4G on mobile and then on Jio Fiber at home. I run parallel Airtel Fiber also for resilience and load distribution and when I have switched loads I have found Airtel data statistics significantly lower.
I found many complaints online on the same issue. I called the Jio Customer Care and they just kept saying that the usage report is correct but I didn't agree with them so they requested me to drop an e-mail.

I have sent the mail. I hope something comes out of it. If not, will jump to Airtel from next month.
Old 1st July 2020, 13:31   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found many complaints online on the same issue. .........I hope something comes out of it. If not, will jump to Airtel from next month.
On the other hand I actually expected them to do just this, right from the start. I don't think it is within the gifts of that business house to do business without cutting corners, but that is a purely individual seat-of-the-pants opinion.
The other reason, apart from resilience, that I stick on with Jio Fiber is because my Airtel connection drops for a couple of minutes whenever there is a power-cut, despite both my routers being on UPS. That drop is unacceptable to me when I am working, hence I tolerate this perceived thievery.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 22:11   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Jio only provides VIP level subscription for Hotstar. Premium is a higher level and you would have to purchase it seperaratly.
Quick question here and not sure if someone has the same issue. I have the Jio silver plan and a separate Hotstar premium subscription (that's linked to a different email/wifey's mobile). Now the Hotstar app on Jio automatically links itself to the same mobile number associated with the Jio subscription and doesn't allow me to login with a different account. Have tried reinstalling the app from Jio/ deleting cache/ logging out but nothing seems to work. If anyone else has this peculiar issue and has been able to sort it out will appreciate inputs..
Old 2nd July 2020, 00:00   #126
HTC
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Jio fibre has started providing service in south bengaluru( near kanakapura road, kumaraswamy layout surrounding). Found this packages info at my brother inlaws place.
Hope this helps someone who is planning to get broadband.

*note: I'm not affiliated to Jio nor do i have Jio connection at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Reliance Jio Fiber reviews, pros & cons-20200627_202920.jpg  

Reliance Jio Fiber reviews, pros & cons-20200627_202905.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2020, 00:02   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand253 View Post
Quick question here and not sure if someone has the same issue. I have the Jio silver plan and a separate Hotstar premium subscription (that's linked to a different email/wifey's mobile). Now the Hotstar app on Jio automatically links itself to the same mobile number associated with the Jio subscription and doesn't allow me to login with a different account. Have tried reinstalling the app from Jio/ deleting cache/ logging out but nothing seems to work. If anyone else has this peculiar issue and has been able to sort it out will appreciate inputs..
Write to Hotstar and ask them to change the subscription to your number. They will need proof of ownership of both accounts.
digitalnirvana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 18:21   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Write to Hotstar and ask them to change the subscription to your number. They will need proof of ownership of both accounts.
Thanks. With a bit of to and fro with their team, they migrated my subscription to a different ID and I have reset Jio TV now. So all's good now.
anand253 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 11:34   #129
BHPian

Quote:
I have noticed that the data consumption shown by Jio is ridiculous. Jio was recharged on 24th June with 100 GB data and yesterday I saw that 50GB data was consumed. No one in the house has watched any 4K content. The max I watched was some Netflix shows on the mobile.

Windows / Android OS or app updates in the background can consume large amounts of data. 50GB still looks unlikely unless you have too many PCs/Laptops and received multiple updates recently as I did.

In any case, please do configure the WiFi interfaces on your windows PCs/Laptops as 'metered connection'. Also check 'background apps' settings on your windows PCs (if any) and disable those you feel are unnecessary. Ditto, check mobile app permissions and background activity.

Additionally, see if you can reduce Netflix resolution to 720p on your mobile, gives reasonably good video on 6-7" screens.
Pulse500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 23:13   #130
BHPian

Even I am facing the same issue of ridiculous data consumption by Jio. Earlier I was using Airtel and the consumption was never this high but with Jio the consumption has increased quite a bit I think either there calculation method has some issues or there set top box uses lot of data.

Any work arounds regarding this please let me know.
Old 20th July 2020, 00:27   #131
Senior - BHPian

I recharged thinking we wont use much data, (the Bronze package costing Rs. 800). But to my shock the entire data was used up in just one day. The next day I got their 'Gold' paying 1,500. This is plain robbery! Time to call Airtel Broadband
Old 20th July 2020, 01:41   #132
Senior - BHPian

Instead of buying their silver, gold etc plans you guys should do what I do. Simply recharge the combo plan for 234rs every week which gives 1000gb per week. No tension of data exhaustion.
harry10 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 05:36   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Instead of buying their silver, gold etc plans you guys should do what I do. Simply recharge the combo plan for 234rs every week which gives 1000gb per week. No tension of data exhaustion.
Thanks harry10, was never aware of this. What's the speed you are getting for the combo plan, don't see any mention of it.

KK
Old 20th July 2020, 10:28   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
But then the other benefits like OTT apps won't be free right?
Old 20th July 2020, 10:35   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Thanks harry10, was never aware of this. What's the speed you are getting for the combo plan, don't see any mention of it.

KK

Speed is 100 mbps download and 10 mbps upload. Good enough for my streaming and gaming needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
But then the other benefits like OTT apps won't be free right?
Yes, OTT apps don't work with combo plan. I have their set up box but never used it. All required apps like Netflix, prime, Disney hotstar etc are already loaded in TV. For news etc I use you tube.

Last edited by harry10 : 20th July 2020 at 10:38.
harry10 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed