Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2019, 07:14   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Low tariff regime over, telecom companies hike prepaid rates by 40-50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
I don't see any other choice except to live in my balcony.
Airtel is working on a service where voice calls will seamlessly transfer to WiFi calls in case of poor mobile network connectivity.

Also the trick that works for me sometimes is switching off mobile data while on a call. Improves reception.
Old 5th December 2019, 08:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Airtel is working on a service where voice calls will seamlessly transfer to WiFi calls in case of poor mobile network connectivity.

Also the trick that works for me sometimes is switching off mobile data while on a call. Improves reception.
I do this too. Don't know how it works, but it does improve reception a bit.

Vodafone network is so terrible in my city that it sounds like the 80s trunkcalls. Me asking "hello? Hello? Hello! Can you hear me". And the opposite party replies "hello? Yes i can hear you..hello? Hello? Can u hear me"
Old 5th December 2019, 10:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully the rates are high enough to cure the digital zombies who seem to never take their eyes off their phones.

For someone who uses phone only for productivity purposes, current quality of service is too poor.
Old 5th December 2019, 15:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:

Interesting development. That's essentially a type of VoWiFi isn't it? Will it be allowed by the government?
Though even Jio has a sort of VoWiFi implementation where one can connect to WiFi using the JioCall app

I get zero bars for Jio at home. Forget about data connectivity. Everything on the Internet is accessed via WiFi
Old 5th December 2019, 19:24   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

There is an ongoing offer from JI0, got three of my sims recharged with this. For JioFi, its 1699 for the same period. So effectively I won't be affected by the hike for approximately 11 months.

Low tariff regime over, telecom companies hike prepaid rates by 40-50%-20191205_185721.jpg

Low tariff regime over, telecom companies hike prepaid rates by 40-50%-20191205_193231.jpg

Last edited by Leoshashi : 5th December 2019 at 19:35.
Old 5th December 2019, 21:09   #36
NPX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
So effectively I won't be affected by the hike for approximately 11 months.
I did the same recharge 2 times by mistake and then contacted customer care about this. He confirmed that these 2 recharges will work for 22 months. If true, you can protect yourself for as much long as you want, say, 110 months with 10 recharges.
Old 5th December 2019, 23:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

I truly believe this will hurt telecom companies in the long run. Like any company that chooses to capture market share by pricing goods under cost, when you increase pricing you will find users restricting their usage to necessity and figuring out how to reduce their cost. If this is the pricing they had reduced it to in the first place (rather than below cost), they wouldn't be facing this issue
Old 10th December 2019, 14:56   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Interesting development. That's essentially a type of VoWiFi isn't it? Will it be allowed by the government?
Though even Jio has a sort of VoWiFi implementation where one can connect to WiFi using the JioCall app

I get zero bars for Jio at home. Forget about data connectivity. Everything on the Internet is accessed via WiFi
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/telecom/new...ome-topstories

Quote:
Airtel has become the first telecom operator in India to launch Wi-Fi calling support. As the name makes it abundantly clear, Airtel Wi-Fi Calling will let Airtel customers make calls over a Wi-Fi network just like a regular voice call. Moreover, Airtel Wi-Fi Calling doesn't require any separate app and can be used on all compatible phones by simply enabling the Wi-Fi calling option. Airtel says that its new service will leverage the availability of a stronger Wi-Fi network indoors to offer a better calling experience.
Old 13th December 2019, 15:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

I am on Idea for about a decade and a half now, infact my whole family is, but this is the first time I am thinking of porting out. The network has become simply hopeless over the past few months, and data which gets rolled over in hundreds of GBs to the next month because it simply wouldnt work. Even if I am able to make calls, data connections are really really spotty.
I a couple of days back, I was at a shop here trying to make a payment through my phone, and there was no range on my phone to make a UPI payment, no range on the guy's card swipe machine so that I could use that. In the end, I had to drop the idea of buying the product from him and walked out. Infact the shopkeeper told me his help had walked with another customer to the neighbouring lane with the swipe machine in order for them to complete the transaction.

Last edited by sajo : 13th December 2019 at 15:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks