Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 6th December 2019, 22:07   #76
BHPian

Default Re: How many leaves / holidays do you take in a year?

I get 14 paid leaves each year. Luckily I don't have to work on Saturdays and Sundays and there is no disturbance from work on those days. I take 2 fixed vacations every year, each of 9 days. Apart from that I do work remotely around 15 days in a year.
Ranabegins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2019, 10:00   #77

Being a doctor by profession I usually avoid taking leaves, though i try to take a one week vacation in a year - this I have not availed in the last two years as my wife too (a doctor) needs her leaves sanctioned at the same time. Of the casual leaves I do take some - taken about 4 out of the 10 i am entitled to (last 8 months).
bpnpmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2019, 10:29   #78

Leaves are essential to one's well-being. I always overshoot my limits at this one atleast!

I religiously take 9 days of successive leaves twice a year--once for a long drive and once to spend time with family (in laws included). In between these two leaves I keep taking short bouts - . In fact, I bet, I am the first one to go through holiday calendar once it's out-and I immediately plan to Club few leaves so that I may get long weekends.

My motto- leave liyo Mast jiyo!
PAkshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2019, 17:16   #79
Senior - BHPian

I get 25 earned leaves in a year from Jan to Dec of which one week is reserved each for May end (before son's school reopens), Ganpati & Christmas/New Year week. The rest 2 weeks are for those last minute requirements. I have unlimited sick leaves. The best part is out of 25 days, I can carry forward 8 leaves till March the next year (in case I end up not utilizing those 2 weeks leaves).

I am of the firm opinion that leaves provided by the organizations should be used without a guilt. Its not that orgs will collapse with you not at the desk, delegate and enjoy the holidays.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote