Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2020, 13:50   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buying from AliExpress

My order was shipped but there has been no update after 05th of March after it was 'handed over to the airline' as per AE tracking. My last and only experience with AE around an year ago- there wasn't a blackout for so long. Any pointers?
Buying from AliExpress-ae.png
Old 14th March 2020, 14:45   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
My order was shipped but there has been no update after 05th of March.
On the same boat as you currently.

Last update is departed country of origin warehouse.
No update after that.
It's been 15 plus days since that.

Buying from AliExpress-screenshot_20200314135737.jpg
Old 6th May 2020, 22:11   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, must update this thread. After almost two months of ordering, I got a surprise delivery today from India Post. It’s still a lockdown here in Ranchi so the delivery came as a surprise. Honestly I had lost hope of getting the package. I wanted to tip the delivery guy but he just turned and went away after taking my signature.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 12:19   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Ok, must update this thread. After almost two months of ordering, I got a surprise delivery today from India Post. It’s still a lockdown here in Ranchi so the delivery came as a surprise. Honestly I had lost hope of getting the package. I wanted to tip the delivery guy but he just turned and went away after taking my signature.

Regards.
Good to know that your package was delivered. Was the tracking of item getting updated regularly?
I had ordered few items during last week of March while there was a sale. All of them were promptly dispatched within a day or two, with the status update as "departed country of origin". After that no further update. All the orders were through Aliexpress standard shipping which is normally trackable till delivery.
I don't have any hope of receiving them. I will request for refund once the purchase protection ends.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 12:34   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Good to know that your package was delivered. Was the tracking of item getting updated regularly?
I had ordered few items during last week of March while there was a sale. All of them were promptly dispatched within a day or two, with the status update as "departed country of origin". After that no further update. All the orders were through Aliexpress standard shipping which is normally trackable till delivery.
I don't have any hope of receiving them. I will request for refund once the purchase protection ends.
The package was received at my city’s post office on 23rd of March- the day lockdown was announced. Till then it was held there. So, it was traceable throughout.

But one of my friends ordered an item during the third week of March and it was shipped in a couple of days. But the last update is identical to yours, last updated 21st March. May be it is stuck due to air traffic closure. I think you will also get your package, albeit much later than normal.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 14:01   #81
Senior - BHPian

Have anyone who ordered in 2nd or 3rd week of Feb received the package post the announcement of lock down?

I had ordered in last week of Feb and was expecting the parcel latest by 2nd May. But so far, no clue of whereabouts of the parcel

Purchase protection was extended once. Please let me know if any of you in Karnataka have received package in similar condition?
Old 16th May 2020, 14:43   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the update.
Two of the items which were shipped from China were returned back to the sellers. One seller asked me to raise dispute to get the refund, other one is asking for my PayPal account details to refund. Eventually both the parcels did not get out of China.
Remaining orders were supposed to be shipped from Singapore. So, let me wait and see what happens to them.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 16:17   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

^^@gkveda: I placed 2 orders. My friend placed one. Total 3 orders. All placed between first and second week of March. Both my orders reached me. I collected one directly from post office on 23rd March, just before the lockdown. The other one was delivered last week by India post at home. My friend’s order status was updated yesterday to have been shipped to Chennai from Singapore. This update came after 25 days.
Old 16th May 2020, 16:22   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Remaining orders were supposed to be shipped from Singapore. So, let me wait and see what happens to them.
My two shipments have been dispatched from singapore to chennai day before yesterday after being stuck in singapore for 44 days.

aliexpress doesn't show recent update but singpost, indiapost, 17-track & cainiao websites reflect the update. Try tracking your shipment on 17-track.
Old 24th May 2020, 15:32   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
My two shipments have been dispatched from singapore to chennai day before yesterday after being stuck in singapore for 44 days.

aliexpress doesn't show recent update but singpost, indiapost, 17-track & cainiao websites reflect the update. Try tracking your shipment on 17-track.
True. Though the status was showing as "departed country of origin", since 30th March, actual dispatch from Singapore was done on 15th of May for 3 of my orders.
Now the parcels have arrived in Chennai and latest status is "held by customs". Are customs people working and most importantly do they have the courage to open and check the parcels coming from China?
Makin Rulesz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 20:52   #86
BHPian

I ordered something from AliExpress a few weeks back, and it shows as ready for dispatch for about two weeks now. And I got this message in whatsapp from an indian mobile number.
Quote:
I am Abhishek,fm Yitong Global Logistics and Marketing Pvt. Ltd.Your parceL xxxxxxxxxxx is coming from china to india in Delhi Custom House.WE NEED YOUR KYC FOR YOUR PARCEL CUSTOMS CLEARENCE, If in company name to clear customs,pls offer your IEC CODE and GST No. and If in personal name,pls send your Adhaar card and PAN card SOFT copy accordingly,also your mail Id.pls send KYC informtion to yitongopdel@goldenseaair.com yitongdel@gmail.com this MOBILE PHONE is for KYC only, to consult your parcel please call to office landline no.:01141557161 or 9873453091 /PSK or www.ecgexpress.com , www.yitongexpress.com
One, it sounds not so genuine.
Two, am not comfortable handing over my adhaar copy to strange people.

Has anybody faced this before? I have shopped at AliExpress several times before, but this is the first time am being asked for any Id.
Old 25th May 2020, 20:58   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I ordered something from AliExpress a few weeks back, and it shows as ready for dispatch for about two weeks now. And I got this message in whatsapp from an indian mobile number.

One, it sounds not so genuine.
Two, am not comfortable handing over my adhaar copy to strange people.

Has anybody faced this before? I have shopped at AliExpress several times before, but this is the first time am being asked for any Id.
What postage service have you chosen? All the cheap ones use only India Post as the end carrier, and the more expensive is DHL.

Just ignore these guys. If there is customs duty to be paid, you will be contacted by the right shipping company.

It looks like your order details have been leaked somehow. This is very scary. I would not be surprised if the Chinese seller is farming out information to thugs like these.
Old 25th May 2020, 21:17   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I was told/warned by my scale model dealer in March this year that things are going to get tough for individual buyers who import from abroad, especially China and that customs was going to start a process to keep a track of the buyers to see how much worth of goods they are importing and if it is being undervalued.

All this may well be a part of that initiative. I too would not be comfortable sharing personal details with unknown persons because it can quite easily be misused.

At times unregistered parcels are sent through cheap parcel services that come to their local delivery agent/agency in India and then they send it through registered post to you. I suspect your parcel was not sent through China/India Post and some courier service was used.

My last parcel from CN came in like this from China but that was last year and no one asked for any of documents nor did any one contact me. I was surprised that the tracking no. on the parcel was a local India post registered tracking no that was sent from Delhi to Mangalore(which I tracked after receiving it). I peeled off the sticker to find another sticker which was addressed to some vague courier service co in Delhi!!! And yes, the parcel could not be tracked online as it had only one status update which said it was despatched from China.

If these guys are able to clear the parcel for you and seem genuine, it may still not be worth the risk to share documents with them. Try speaking to them on the numbers provided and visit their website. See if they can accept Digilocker generated aadhar copy(where the first eight digits are marked with X for privacy purposes). At the same time, please try and message the seller and ask if he used that chinese sounding Express courier service for your parcel.

I would be curious to know what happens to parcels that come in through India Post. Because normally the postman comes and takes the payment for customs duty(if any).

Last edited by skanchan95 : 25th May 2020 at 21:31.
Old 25th May 2020, 21:52   #89
Senior - BHPian

I noticed sometime in last month that the shipping charges to India have become suddenly exorbitant. Many of the really good deals are now ridiculous, because of huge shipping cost of 2-3k, (which were 0 or a few hundred just a few days ago).

I had even saved 20-30 items in cart and one fine day the cart was empty. When I searched for those products again, I noticed this huge increase in shipping cost.

Has anyone else observed this?
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 22:03   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, I’ve noticed the same. I was looking for a small volt/amp meter along with some other stuff. Then I noticed some 4K shipping charges.

Might be temporary or may be this is India post’s way of discouraging cheap Chinese imports.

Most Viewed