Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2007, 14:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

What about the structural integrity of the vehicle? Doesn't cutting the body have an adverse impact?
Old 28th February 2007, 15:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
What about the structural integrity of the vehicle? Doesn't cutting the body have an adverse impact?
not much.
it looks the targa top idea has been used here. the B and C pillars seem to be intact and beams run through the roof, i guess they are for structural stability. only the wheel arches look yuk in the rear atleast.
Old 28th February 2007, 18:14   #18
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Naah!!!
Not my style...
But like the open roof concept..

Would have loved if it had some monster tyres & A powerful engine..
Old 28th February 2007, 18:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

if they want dhoni to lead their brand and show this vehicle as his vehicle of choice, one good move would be to open this model for public.

dunno whether their earlier lifestyle models (I think Bolero?) kicked off well.
Old 5th March 2007, 19:43   #20
BHPian

Mahindra should have given one of their concept vehicle instead. Especially Bolero Cammando! Looks owsome.
Old 6th March 2007, 00:17   #21
BHPian

I'm quite sure that Dhoni could afford a proper 4x4 of 4x4 SUV other than a goddamned mahindra - purveyours of the finest horse**** - mahindra's just a ****y company making ****ty vehicles....hope they crash and burn....****in sobs...

/ i owned a mahindra haramazada.....

zaphod
Old 6th March 2007, 00:52   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
I'm quite sure that Dhoni could afford a proper 4x4 of 4x4 SUV other than a goddamned mahindra - purveyours of the finest horse**** - mahindra's just a ****y company making ****ty vehicles....hope they crash and burn....****in sobs...

zaphod
You owned a what?!! ROTFL I hope you did not open a channel for flame mails there for yourself!

Boy boy boy... I can smell a sob story there. Not a very happy piece of ownership there, was it?
Old 6th March 2007, 00:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i owned a mahindra haramazada.....
You owned a what???? ROFLMAO great description Vaibhav, maybe you can post a detailed experience for the benefit of other members!!

Hilarious description though
Old 6th March 2007, 07:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Armada?. Though the shell and basics are same, Mahindra have improved from Armada/ Grand, which was a shoulder muscle builing machine.
Old 6th March 2007, 07:59   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Wasn't it Dhoni who was fined for having dark tints on his gaadi? The cop who did that was also transferred for fining him. The reports mention a dark SUV

Sir, you'll have to pay the fine, cop tells Dhoni-India-NEWS-The Times of India
Old 6th March 2007, 08:16   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Wasn't it Dhoni who was fined for having dark tints on his gaadi? The cop who did that was also transferred for fining him. The reports mention a dark SUV

Sir, you'll have to pay the fine, cop tells Dhoni-India-NEWS-The Times of India
Yes, that is him. If I remember he was on a Black M&M Scorpio.
Old 6th March 2007, 16:05   #27
BHPian

I must apologise for the language I used in my above post - I was a bit drnka drnka and my hatred for Mahindra could have been better expressed in a more intelligent way rather than getting all screwy.

However I must reiterate that I loathe mahindra as a company and the vehicles I have driven - The Armada, the 540 4x4 and the 'lean to port - lean to starboard' scorpio all have seemed not just mediocre but to say the least , pathetic.

The hatred for the mahindra comes as 10 years ago, me, my folks and my sis were on a camping trip to Kalpa, Chitkul and as far off as Tabo... on the way back, the steering failed - exactly what happend i don't recall - I'll ask my dad - but the steering just stopped working (somethging whcih we came to know later was a defect endemic to the ARmada) ... leaving us to smash into an oncoiming jeep and then veer off and bang into the rock face - my mother dislocated her shoulder and fractured her leg, my dad fractured his ribs , my sister blacked out and i fractured my leg as well - thanks to that me and my mom have been carrying around a nice steel rod with screws through our lefft/right thighbones.....

couldn;t walk for a month, was on a walker for another 2 and a crutch for another 4-5 as well...

great design and QC there by Mahindra....

btw - the moniker for the armada is not my own but was mentioned by another Team-BHPian aho also owned one.....but it suits the vehicle perfectly.

cheers

zaphod
Old 6th March 2007, 18:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
but the steering just stopped working (somethging whcih we came to know later was a defect endemic to the ARmada) ... leaving us to smash into an oncoiming jeep and then veer off and bang into the rock face -
Understand your feeling, I mean anybody had such a bad experience would feel the same way.
Old 6th March 2007, 18:15   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
What do you expect from Dhoni? In case of cricketers we have the habbit of giving them a fortune when they are not worth a penny.
and well said. Let us see what they will get back from west indies.
And, i am sure they will get knocked out pretty early in the tournament and will be given another modified car for atleast reaching to that stage
Old 6th March 2007, 18:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
and well said. Let us see what they will get back from west indies.
And, i am sure they will get knocked out pretty early in the tournament and will be given another modified car for atleast reaching to that stage
And two full page crap about them everyday in TOI. sad!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks