Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2004, 19:49   #16
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The biggest area where a CEO can make a difference to the fortunes of a car company (in India especially) is ensuring that the customer is taken care off...pampered and made to feel like a king. If they can do this, they are a winner even if their actual product is only average.
& thats a Hyundai !
Old 1st September 2004, 23:31   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

lol
i agree with u 100% rj
good views given ... ..
Old 2nd September 2004, 00:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rjkulkarni @ Aug. 31 2004,18:19)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The biggest area where a CEO can make a difference to the fortunes of a car company (in India especially) is ensuring that the customer is taken care off...pampered and made to feel like a king. If they can do this, they are a winner even if their actual product is only average.
& thats a Hyundai !
!!!!!!!

welcome to the family rtech! lol!
Old 7th March 2007, 20:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey this is an excellent thread which newbies like me could add their thoughts to,so reviving the thread

Kindly note there will be some changes from when the thread was started like new models,manufacturers etc.But still essentially what would you do if you were made the CEO of an automobile company or nothing but how you would like to see the different auto companies run.

Ps: will add my thoughts a little later.

Quote:
GM - Opel:
Shut down Opel. Focus on Chevy.

Toyota India:
Introduction of new qualis.

Honda India:
Launch Civic in ex-Vtec pricing.

Maruti Suzuki :
Modern products. Period.
Modern diesel engines.

TATA:
Turbo charging diesel engines with intercoolers.
Launch stripped Safari for 6 lacs as a stopgap till new MUV.

Ford India:

CRDi engines for the Ikon.
Relaunching new Mondeo backed by a proper marketing campaign.
Getting the price right with the Fusion.
Quote:
Maruti
4) offer the new look baleno

Hyundai
1) launch getz asap

Ford
5) improve the diesel technology..offer better engines
Awsome,who said car companies do not think on the same lines as an auto enthusiast.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 7th March 2007 at 21:01.
Old 7th March 2007, 21:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Good find rahul. What has Fiat done in these 2 years ??
Old 7th March 2007, 22:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Well , times have surely changed since this topic was started. Lets see what suggestions people come up with now.

Lets roll guys.

Hyundai has run into rough weather , Fiat still is where it was , MUL is doing fine with the Swift versions running away with sales , Skoda rolls on with the diesel Laura , Honda rocks on with the Civic and new CR-V , Toyota has a problem called Corolla on its hands , Chevy aint going anywhere , Ford is doing average with the Fiesta 1.6 and the diesel , HM has almost shut down the Lancer , TATA rolls on with the Indigo and Indica while the new Safari is still not coming.........

Last edited by normally_crazy : 7th March 2007 at 22:17.
Old 9th March 2007, 11:36   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ford is doing average with the Fiesta 1.6 and the diesel ,
I would disagree; The Fiesta is doing pretty well especially with the diesel.
Old 9th March 2007, 12:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Honda
Lanch S2000 for 20-25L max. Going by US prices it should be sub 20 I guess.
The sales may not be huge but have always felt this would add to their image of being among the pioneers in bringing latest tech in our Auto scene and also add to the aura (true to a large extent) of Honda power & VTec. Today when people are buying Porsche's, there's surely a market for this kind of a fab sportscar.
Old 9th March 2007, 12:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

If i was the FIAT CEO, in return for giving our engines to MUL, I would have made an agreement that all MUL support centres be trained for FIAT cars also & made dual service centers. (Like hell MUL would agree to that, worth trying)
Old 9th March 2007, 12:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Maruti:

Like toyota/honda/nissan in the US ,start a new premium brand only for the premium segment [in this case cars above or same segment as honda city],this brand should be left independent with respect to maruti and should have seperate showrooms,service centres only catering to the premium segment clients.
Old 9th March 2007, 12:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Maruti:

Like toyota/honda/nissan in the US ,start a new premium brand only for the premium segment [in this case cars above or same segment as honda city],this brand should be left independent with respect to maruti and should have seperate showrooms,service centres only catering to the premium segment clients.
Good idea. Thats probably the only way they can shed the common man's car image.
Old 9th March 2007, 14:35   #27
BHPian

Apart from making sure that there'll not be anymore delays with all the launches that should have happened years ago, as a FIAT CEO what i'll do is TOUR the whole country in a convey of 3 cars...you guessed right! Palio GTX 1.6, Petra 1.6 & Palio Adventure 1.6!!!...I'll visit all the service centres and avail of their service and assess them myself...The visit will be a surprise one

How does it sound? Maybe
Old 9th March 2007, 15:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Good idea. Thats probably the only way they can shed the common man's car image.
Why should they shed this image? I think they should continue to thrive on VFM theme across the entire range.
Old 13th September 2007, 21:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey, My two cents.

Any manufacturer:

Entry level car - Only 2 variants, 1 an absolute entry level vehicle without the bells n whistles of power windows, coloured bumpers etc...., the other with all the bells n whistles and remapped for more power.

Mid range - Only 2 variants, Diesel n petrol. All other bells n whistles optional, based on the customers preferences. Also get back some of the classic car designs like the older Honda City. Hate the looks on the newer ones. Another important thing for a mid range vehicle in India. Improve the width, and reduce the sloping angle of the windows which forces passengers in the rear seat to huddle together cos the windows curve inwards. I understand aerodynamic design, but I prefer the classic designs.

Luxury Segment - Focus on silent cabins and increased leg room in the rear. Also more power and all the safety features. Independent suspension, ABS, Airbags, all a must. Also thicker metal. IS it just me or are the cars really using thin metal nowadays?

If the company has all these three segments covered and wants more, then work on the offroading/SUV segment. Me thinks that should suffice. Focus more on the engine technology, and please get innovative.
Old 13th May 2009, 13:26   #30
BHPian

If I were the car manufacturer...

There are certain features which have always been bothering me in cars avilable across our country. If I were to make the changes, these are the things in my prioroty list:
  1. Change the way the wipers are controlled (like in Swift, Fiesta spark etc): how many of us have not accidently switched on wipers? Why not provide push buttons or controll knobs for the same?
  2. Provide a small light bulb inside the bonnet: how can the the manufacturers miss out on this one? I think it is more essential than providing a light in the boot! Will cost merely Rs 25/- at the most..
  3. Provide a clock as standard fitment: Apart form TATAs, why is a feature as basic as a clock present only in higher end versions of cars? I think it as as necessary as a speedometer. Will cost merely Rs 100 per car.
  4. Provide seperate section in the boot for bottles etc: The water bottles, polish & other car care products keep on freely dancing inside the boot leading to annoying noise. Why cant we have a chamber (like in refrigerators) for keeling them all inside the boot?
  5. Mirrors for the rear passengers: why not provide mirrors for the rear seat passengers, for e.g on the front head rests?
Please do share other missing features or some changes you people would recommend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks