Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2020, 09:27   #1021
Senior - BHPian

re: The Coronavirus Thread

Chinese took two months to get into a safe position. I am afraid no other country can achieve that. They built hospitals overnight, had robots to take care of the people, automated many things that was otherwise handled by healthcare professionals. They did all that under that kind of pressure. Their strict rules must have helped, but the world will need a lot of help from Chinese to get over this. I don't think even the US can do what China accomplished in the last two months.

When this pandemic ends, we may see a world where the Chinese dominates everyone, including the first world countries.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd March 2020 at 10:47. Reason: As requested and no political overtones please.
padmrajravi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 09:44   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
The administration in Kerala has taken lots of good decisions in the fight against Covid -19. God Forbid, if the State fails, it can easily be attributed to the deeds of the morons who took the directions of the administration lightly
Final Map.pdf

I've attached the route map of the Kasargod guy. There are reports that he even donated blood in Mangalore. Moreover he is not cooperating with the authorities and that puts an even larger number of people at risk. Still, people are travelling between Mangalore - Kasargod and if the community spread starts, it might begin here itself.

The Coronavirus Thread-screenshot_20200321233055784_com.android.chrome.jpg
avaneesh. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 10:08   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Someone I know went to Mumbai about a month ago to renovate his Pali Hill penthouse apartment.

A week back I called him and asked him if he was still renovating his apartment. I was shocked when he replied that the workers come in the morning, work on a particular bedroom and go out in the evening. The bedroom is cleaned after that. He had no intention of stopping the work because it was halfway through and they couldn't leave the place in that condition.

Yesterday I got a message from him that he moved back to Bangalore. It appears that the apartment association barred all workers from coming in so he boarded up the windows and moved back. He is now placed under quarantine by the association in his Bangalore apartment for 14 days.

This is a person who gets into panic mode very easily and takes a lot of precautions in every area and calls me very often to double check on most matters before taking any decision but still didn't seem to be adequately concerned about the Coronavirus.

Last edited by AMG Power : 22nd March 2020 at 10:11.
AMG Power is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 10:10   #1024
BANNED

Whats the status of international flights to india? All stopped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaneesh. View Post
I've attached the route map of the Kasargod guy. There are reports that he even donated blood in Mangalore. Moreover he is not cooperating with the authorities and that puts an even larger number of people at risk. Still, people are travelling between Mangalore - Kasargod and if the community spread starts, it might begin here itself

He is a suspected gold smuggler, so he is hiding his whereabouts

Last edited by splitsecond : 22nd March 2020 at 10:16.
splitsecond is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 10:32   #1025
BHPian

Route map posted by Mr Anand Mahindra. Funny and thoughtful at the same time

The Coronavirus Thread-etmtvcauyae2vjd.jpeg
GKR9900 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 11:08   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Not all stopped.

British Airways from Bangalore departed on time.

So did the Dubai flight.

Saw in news today that Amsterdam - Delhi was not permitted to land in India. But then it also said that the flight didn't file a valid flight plan.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 22nd March 2020 at 11:11.
Safety is Param is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 11:15   #1027
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
All international flights to our country have been stopped from 22nd to 31st March.

The Coronavirus Thread-d7be0940bed445e292f9ade7a61b8075.jpeg

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd March 2020 at 11:26. Reason: Fixing attachment and text.
AZT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 12:51   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Good to see Indian corporates taking initiaitive. Anand Mahindra posted this in twitter. hopefuly others will follow. Personally, I plan to donate as well though I am having huge losses in stock markets now.
--------------

anand mahindra
@anandmahindra

Going by various reports from epidemiologists, it is highly likely that India is already in Stage 3 of transmission.
—Cases could rise exponentially with millions of casualties, putting a huge strain on medical infrastructure (1/5)
12:35 PM · Mar 22, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Retweets
@anandmahindra
·
13m
Replying to
@anandmahindra
—A lockdown over the next few weeks will help flatten the curve & moderate the peak pressure on medical care. —However, we need to create scores of temporary hospitals & we have a scarcity of ventilators. (2/5)
anand mahindra
@anandmahindra
·
13m
—To help in the response to this unprecedented threat, we at the Mahindra Group will immediately begin work on how our manufacturing facilities can make ventilators.
—At Mahindra Holidays, we stand ready to offer our resorts as temporary care facilities. (3/5)
anand mahindra
@anandmahindra
·
13m
—Our Projects team stands ready to assist the Govt/Army in erecting temporary care facilities. —The Mahindra Foundation will create a fund to assist the hardest hit in our value chain (small businesses & the self employed) (4/5)
anand mahindra
@anandmahindra
·
13m
—We will encourage associates to voluntarily contribute to the Fund. I will contribute 100% of my salary to it & will add more over the next few months. I urge all our various businesses to also set aside contributions for those who are the hardest hit in their ecosystems (5/5)
adimicra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 13:19   #1029
Senior - BHPian

I fear the cases in India are massively unreported. I cant imagine that my state - Punjab- has reported less than 20 positive cases. Everyone knows that this is the NRI state of India, and Jan- to March is the NRI season due to marriages, new crop sowing season etc. It is probably because people have not been tested.

The state administration has sprung into action though, but I think they may have lost crucial time. I was visited by a group of healthcare professionals today, as I had made short week long travels to Zurich and Tokyo in January and first week of February respectively. They pasted a large bright poster outside our house. I have been asked to stay at home for the next 2 weeks, (I returned home on 9th Feb) and that the local police station will be following up with me for each day for the next 2 weeks. Also I received frantic calls from the police yesterday to trace my whereabouts. I had gone to my village house - 15 kms away from our residence- and they were very suspicious about it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Coronavirus Thread-inkedcvoid19_li.jpg  

rrsteer is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 13:38   #1030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The states of Jharkhand and West Bengal have announced no entry of trains from 22nd to 31st March. Further, all India train movements will be curtailed for 72 hours starting today till 25th March (from a reliable source in Indian Railways).
Indian Railways has cancelled all passenger trains till 31st March 2400hrs.

The Coronavirus Thread-img_20200322_132808.jpg

Brace for more, maybe flights also being cancelled. Stay home, stay safe people.

Meanwhile Bihar has reported first death, a 38year old with kidney issues (? Renal Transplant) whose report came today. And another one is undergoing treatment at AIIMS, Patna.

Bihar

Last edited by BoneCollector : 22nd March 2020 at 13:52.
BoneCollector is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 13:47   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Death toll in india now rises to 6.

Latest is a 38 year old man from Patna.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/74756940.cms

Confirmed cases in Maharashtra now 74.

Last edited by vibbs : 22nd March 2020 at 13:48.
vibbs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 14:33   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer567 View Post
I was tested for COVID-19 today, results expected in 2-3 days
I got a call from the hospital saying that my COVID-19 test was negative. It was quite a relief for my friends and family who were really concerned. However, I still tested positive for Influenza type B and it has been the worst influenza attack in my adult life, however, I was given anti-virals and the symptoms are somewhat under control now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your details. Different countries and even different cities within the same country are playing with different algorithms and protocols on how to go about.
Thank you very much doctor for your kind insights. I can't express my gratitude towards doctors like you who are right at the frontlines of what is probably the greatest crisis of our generation. Also, there are a lot of doctors amongst my closest relatives - 3 from my maternal side and 5 from my paternal side and I know first hand how emotionally and physically taxing it is to be a doctor. Infact, my cousin who is a doctor with the NHS and is on the front lines of the fight against COVID-19 was constantly in touch with me and was following the progression of my treatment. God Bless You all for your service.

Last edited by dragracer567 : 22nd March 2020 at 14:59.
dragracer567 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 14:52   #1033
BHPian

Proposal to allow only essential services until March 31 in 75 districts in the country which have reported COVID19 cases.

Source https://www.republicworld.com/india-...rus-cases.html
hothatchaway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 15:21   #1034
BHPian

7 Districts may go under complete lock down in Kerala, based on the directions of Central Government. The details of the extent, time and other details of the lockdown will be announced later by state government.

Trivandrum, Pathanamthitta, Ernakulam, Kottayam, Malappuram, Kannur, Kasaragod are the said Districts. There is no need to panic as essential services will be maintained. All you are expected to do is to stay home and be safe.

Source: mathrubhumi.com

Last edited by vb-saan : 22nd March 2020 at 15:41. Reason: Source added, and status of the announcement from state government mentioned. Thanks
adrian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 15:43   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian

Any particular reasons there are so many reported influenza cases across the globe? Most of them seem to be with a negative COVID test result.

Is the flu occurances common throughout the year on a general basis? Or is it related / due to the virus infection itself?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks