Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2020, 20:11   #1051
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Coronavirus Thread

"End of Days: Predictions and Prophecies About the End of the World." - Sylvia Browne:

In the summer of 2008, an elderly psychic who claimed she started receiving premonitions at age 5 published a book that contained an ominous prediction.

It's shot up to number 2 on Amazon's nonfiction chart, and physical copies are now selling for hundreds of dollars.

Quote:
In around 2020, a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe, attacking the lungs and the bronchial tubes and resisting all known treatments," it said. "Almost more baffling than the illness itself will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it arrived, attack again ten years later, and then disappear completely.

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd March 2020 at 20:14.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 20:14   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Theoretically lockdowns will have to be at least 30 days along with testing all flu cases to be completly fool proof.
Most cases are still due to travel abroad
This could be because testing is focussing on such also.

Last edited by srishiva : 22nd March 2020 at 20:15.
Old 22nd March 2020, 20:17   #1053
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Panic leads to tragedy.

Suspected coronavirus patient jumps to death from Safdarjung Hospital. He landed at the Delhi airport from Sydney

Link

There's probably more to this story. He could be dealing with some mental issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Massive hike in kerala with 15 new cases today as per government of Kerala app.

As testing increases, we will see a spike in cases. Let's hope we get accurate data from the govt.
Old 22nd March 2020, 20:29   #1054
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Excerpt from the link :[As per the report, despite being taken care of very well, Kanika has not been behaving like a patient but like a star. As per the hospital, she is being provided gluten-free food, an air conditioned isolated room complete with a separate toilet and TV. She also has a separate Air Handling Unit for Covid-19 but is allegedly not cooperating with the hospital authorities.]

She is being treated like a star and hence the attitude. Why can't she be treated like everyone else ? She has done enough damage and is enjoying privileges on common man's expense
Isolated room and separate toilet is part of the isolation protocol. She is in SGPGI. I saw her interview to Rohit Sardana. I am surprised by the half truths and lies. I find it difficult to believe that she did not know. I agree that testing of the UK travellers was not that strict when she arrived.

Two points - the FIR is in Sarojini Nagar which covers Amausi Airport, while her parents are in Mahanagar, at least 15 km away. Also, what we hear is that she hid in the toilet in the Airport. Why? There must have been some faux pas there. She met at least four Octogenarian ladies, including her Grandmother who may be 90+.

She claims that she did not stay in the Taj Vivanta (only made a short visit) which is in quarantine for two weeks, why? The politicos were mostly in Akbar Ahmed's (a powerful politico) party for his grandson. She visited Kanpur to meet her maternal uncle. I do hear that the flat block in Kanpur was put in quarantine immediately after her trip. Also, the flats where her parents live) in Lucknow have been put in isolation. I am sure the facts will emerge.

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd March 2020 at 05:49. Reason: Unnecessary reference removed
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 20:45   #1055
BHPian

Why this U-turn all of a sudden or am I reading something wrong? Economic / Political reasons?

Quote:
Countries can't simply lock down their societies to defeat coronavirus, the World Health Organization's top emergency expert said on Sunday, adding that there need to be public health measures to avoid a resurgence of the virus later on. "What we really need to focus on is finding those who are sick, those who have the virus, and isolate them, find their contacts and isolate them," Mike Ryan said in an interview on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show.
Source

Source

Last edited by AltoLXI : 22nd March 2020 at 20:47.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 20:51   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Why this U-turn all of a sudden or am I reading something wrong? Economic / Political reasons?

I think what he means is that the world cannot go on a indefinite lockdown. We must find every possible case and isolate them before coming out of lockdown. Considering how fast this thing spreads, even if a few 100 carriers of the disease mingle with the public after normalcy is restored say after March 31st, what is the guarantee that it won't spread again? I believe until a vaccine is invented for this disease, life cannot go back to the way it was.
nagr22 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 21:02   #1057
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Why this U-turn all of a sudden or am I reading something wrong?
Unless I misunderstood the comments, they're saying lockdowns need to be clubbed with finding infected people and potential secondary infections (contact tracing) and isolating/treating them, or the pandemic will get worse whenever the lockdowns are eased. The two bits I quoted below are obviously part of the same statement and provide the full context.

Was it their previous stated position that lockdowns alone are sufficient and no other measures need to be taken? Could you post a link? Thanks.

Quote:
"What we really need to focus on is finding those who are sick, those who have the virus, and isolate them, find their contacts and isolate them"

Quote:
"The danger right now with the lockdowns ... if we don't put in place the strong public health measures now, when those movement restrictions and lockdowns are lifted, the danger is the disease will jump back up."

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd March 2020 at 21:06.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 21:05   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"End of Days: Predictions and Prophecies About the End of the World." - Sylvia Browne:

In the summer of 2008, an elderly psychic who claimed she started receiving premonitions at age 5 published a book that contained an ominous prediction.

It's shot up to number 2 on Amazon's nonfiction chart, and physical copies are now selling for hundreds of dollars.
I believe she was inspired by another book written in 1981. https://twitter.com/KingPMoney/statu...63624228093953

Browne did not have any psychic powers.
S_U_N is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 21:39   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Isolated room and separate toilet is part of the isolation protocol.
We are about to face an acute shortage of resources soon. She is already infected and actually she is the one who is being isolated from healthy individuals. That means there is nothing wrong in the procedure, if she is put in a general ward along with other covid-19 affected persons.

Here, she is provided a single room with a/c, separate toilet and TV, gluten free food and the main thing : a separate air handling unit running solely for her.

With the things that she has done, I think the utmost luxury that should be provided to her is a female general ward.
adrian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 21:49   #1060
Distinguished - BHPian

Jharkhand locked down till 31st March. Order passed today.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 22:02   #1061
Distinguished - BHPian

The total number confirmed coronavirus cases in India climbed to 370 after fresh cases were reported from Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Kerala and other states.

Centre asked state govts to put them( more districts) under lock-down.

Quote:
LISTED HERE IS WHAT WOULD REMAIN OPEN DURING A LOCKDOWN, ACCORDING TO GOVT SOURCES:

Groceries, fruit and vegetable shops
Milk supply booths
Cooking gas supplies
Telecom services
Food home-delivery
E-commerce
Banks and ATMs
Hospitals and pharmacies
Limited public transport
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd March 2020 at 22:20.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 22:11   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
She made several predictions a lot of them wrong. What I'm worried about is her prediction that there will be no stock markets after 2021.
Old 22nd March 2020, 22:47   #1063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
She made several predictions a lot of them wrong. What I'm worried about is her prediction that there will be no stock markets after 2021.
No stock markets Now that is scary. With every crises pop up numerous soothsayers, astrologers, interpreters of all hues that suddenly start pointing to how they had predicted the crises. This time is no different. I have lived through several days when the world was supposed to come to an end. Stubborn world keeps going on
V.Narayan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 23:02   #1064
Senior - BHPian

One of my colleagues returned from Europe via Doha on 9th March. Health authorities visited him today and stamped his hand for home quarantine till 25th March.

The government machinery is working. I now wonder how many people can they trace and find. They'll need an army of people to do this. Hard job !
jkrishnakj is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 23:46   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
"End of Days: Predictions and Prophecies About the End of the World." - Sylvia Browne.
She is controversial. She was criticized after tsunami where she said the people who died attracted it. My blood boils when these crystal gazers rush to the TV station and rationalize their "prediction". I am a fortune teller myself, bring me a beautiful girl and I will tell her past, future and her life in next janam and I know everything is horse and bull excreta.

Dont givin to these soothsayers during these hard times, just pray to God and believe in science and be optimistic. It will pass
doxinboy is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks