Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2020, 00:21   #2971
BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
is it mandatory to go and checked?
Would it not be safer to get checked? If any appropriate symptom management is required, you will be better prepared and better equipped.

If you are Bangalore, this *might be* handy -

https://covid19.karnataka.gov.in/page/Testing+Centers/en

Additionally, some of them are coming home to take samples (is what I hear). Our neighborhood Apollo Diagnostics has been telling they can come to collect samples for covid testing.

If you need to test, you could prefer calling one of them instead of going to a health center / clinic / hospital.
Miyata is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 03:56   #2972
BHPian

Quote:
My son was suffering from cold since 11 June. Yesterday suspecting Sinusitis we took him to pediatrician. Initially we thought of taking online consultation but later decided against that as the doctor should actually check the congestion. I waited in the car with my son whereas my wife registered name / phone with reception. The clinic is allowing only one patient at a time inside. The doctor prescribed antibiotics and Allegra. We returned to our house and since yesterday he has nose blockage only but no other problems - no fever or cough.

Today evening we got a message asking us to visit nearest Fever clinic for Covid test.

1.Are doctors mandated to provide the patient visits to Govt. Authorities now? This is in Bangalore.

2. As I "think" he does not exhibit any symptoms, is it mandatory to go and checked? The doctor has not mentioned anything about this yesterday.
But did the pediatrician confirm it as sinusitis ? Was any X-ray or CT paranasal sinuses done or a purely clinical diagnosis ??

Some people have tested positive for covid only with loss of smell or runny nose or sore throat as a symptom. I think Bangalore is up for wide scale testing to catch hold of the positive cases as early as possible, that's why you received that message. Yes, visit a fever clinic and in all probabilities the doc might simply examine and advise you to watch for obvious fever or cough or advise Covid test right away at his discretion.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 09:27   #2973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
But did the pediatrician confirm it as sinusitis ? Was any X-ray or CT paranasal sinuses done or a purely clinical diagnosis ??
No he has not confirmed. No tests were done either. No runny nose either but thick yellow discharge from nose. He used to get these episodes even before Covid times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Some people have tested positive for covid only with loss of smell or runny nose or sore throat as a symptom. I think Bangalore is up for wide scale testing to catch hold of the positive cases as early as possible, that's why you received that message. Yes, visit a fever clinic and in all probabilities the doc might simply examine and advise you to watch for obvious fever or cough or advise Covid test right away at his discretion.
I asked him about the smell/taste. As his nose is blocked, he has totally lost sense of smell. My son has never left the house since March. Only my wife and I have gone out just for getting essentials taking utmost care. So he coming into contact with infected is almost nil. He often gets cold and cough throughout the year. Hence I am extra careful during these times. In fact I am scared to visit the fever clinics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Additionally, some of them are coming home to take samples (is what I hear). Our neighborhood Apollo Diagnostics has been telling they can come to collect samples for covid testing.

If you need to test, you could prefer calling one of them instead of going to a health center / clinic / hospital.
My wife was suggesting the same as well. I will call them up and check if they also advise on the symptoms.
Old 10th July 2020, 09:52   #2974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.Are doctors mandated to provide the patient visits to Govt. Authorities now? This is in Bangalore.
Yes. They have to update patient details everyday. I do it for my mother who has a private clinic.

The Coronavirus Thread-screenshot_20200710094805.png

The Coronavirus Thread-screenshot_20200710094823.png
samaspire is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 21:00   #2975
BHPian

The just concluded serosurvey in Delhi where around 22,000 samples were tested shows a total infection rate of 15% in Delhi and a rate of 25% in more contaminated zones. This is good news in a way as other major cities like New York, London and Madrid started showing a decline in cases around the same mark. Delhi has also shown a decline in the past couple of weeks. In addition it points to a very low mortality rate. If we take Delhi's population at 21 million, we would assume that around 20% got infected taking a median number between 15 and 25% infection rate. That gives us 4.2 million infections. With a current 3300 deaths, we get a mortality rate of 0.07%. Even if we assume that the actual deaths are double because somehow not all were correctly recorded, we get a rather low figure. That can make us cautiously optimistic.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...0vIIMD7jN.html
Lobogris is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 23:40   #2976
BHPian

Honourable Amitabh Bachchan tests positive for Covid-19 today. He himself has tweeted on his twitter account about this. Admitted at Nanavati hospital, Juhu Mumbai.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 00:15   #2977
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ in fact, Abhishek Bachchan has also been tested positive and admitted to the same hospital.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 08:13   #2978
BHPian

Psoriasis drug Itolizumab, from Biocon has been cleared for limited use in moderate to severe cases.

Can this be good news? Cause it's reported that all patients who needed ventilator support, and administered with this recovered.

"The data is compelling and I am confident that this first-in-class biologic will save lives and help reduce the mortality rate in our country."
Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Executive Chairperson, Biocon

https://www.bloombergquint.com/busin...id-19-patients

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/76909667.cms
TROOPER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 19:45   #2979
BHPian

Hello everyone, i am posting here and on team bhp after a long time and that too in unusual circumstances. To begin with, we are blessed with a baby boy & secondly both myself and my wife have turned out to be Corona Positive. My wife was hospitalised for close to 7 days for delivery. The hospital in question is a leading private hospital in Sec 16, Faridabad which hosts lot's of Covid patients. Most probably my wife was infected in the hospital itself. She did have fever for 2-3 days in hospital but doctors suspected it as post pregnancy complications and treated her accordingly. I was with her for few days in hospital and i guess i caught the infection from her. But the difference is my wife is mostly asymptomatic apart from temporary loss of smell while corona hit me hard.I did have high fever, cough and cold after returning home from hospital. The pain was too much to handle at times. Am on my road to recovery now as it's day 7 of my home quarantine and i am feeling much better now. Wife is also doing well apart from slight cough issues. Both of us have locked ourselves in different rooms in our flat. Our boy is with my in laws and doing good. Hoping to recover soon.
Fordlover88 is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 19:53   #2980
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Hello everyone, i am posting here and on team bhp after a long time and that too in unusual circumstances. To begin with, we are blessed with a baby boy & secondly both myself and my wife have turned out to be Corona Positive. But the difference is my wife is mostly asymptomatic apart from temporary loss of smell while corona hit me hard.I did have high fever, cough and cold after returning home from hospital. The pain was too much to handle at times. Am on my road to recovery now as it's day 7 of my home quarantine and i am feeling much better now. Wife is also doing well apart from slight cough issues. Both of us have locked ourselves in different rooms in our flat. Our boy is with my in laws and doing good. Hoping to recover soon.
Very sorry to hear about your wife and you both getting infected and being denied the joy of your new born. Our best wishes to both of you for a complete recovery. What treatment are you receiving.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 19:56   #2981
Senior - BHPian

First of all congratulations for the arrival of your baby. My best wishes and prayers for the speedy recovery of you both. Be strong,everything will be fine. May God bless you all!
Gansan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 20:03   #2982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Very sorry to hear about your wife and you both getting infected and being denied the joy of your new born. Our best wishes to both of you for a complete recovery. What treatment are you receiving.
Thanks a lot. Yes i haven't seen my boy for quite sometime now. I was advised the below mentioned medicines for 5 days:

1. Azithromycin 500
2. Loratadine & Ambroxol Hydrochloride Tablets

Apart from the above two i was taking Vitamin C, Multivitamins & was doing steam therapy.

The course of above mentioned medicines are over now. I have consulted doctor via telephone and after listening to my present condition (i don't have much symptoms apart from slight cough and cold) he advised me Montypen-LC for 10 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
First of all congratulations for the arrival of your baby. My best wishes and prayers for the speedy recovery of you both. Be strong,everything will be fine. May God bless you all!
Thanks a lot. Hope everything will be fine soon.

Am keeping a regular tab on specific oxygen levels using a pulse oximeter. When i was badly effected my levels dropped down to 94 95 at times. It's gradually improving now. The readings are steady 98 since last 2 days.

Last edited by ampere : 12th July 2020 at 21:18. Reason: back to back posts merged
Fordlover88 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 09:16   #2983
BHPian

Russian university successfully completes human trials of coronavirus vaccine.

Details are sketchy, and till date their have been very few reports of a Russian vaccine being at the forefront of vaccine development. So take this claim with a bit of salt.

Link
Old 13th July 2020, 10:08   #2984
Senior - BHPian

So WHO now thinks its rare that asymptomatic people are spreading the virus. Contact tracing throughout the world provides a different evidence on this topic. Should they just keep quiet ? Are they even looking at the data that is being collected and shared by countries ?

Last edited by srishiva : 13th July 2020 at 10:09.
Old 13th July 2020, 10:43   #2985
Senior - BHPian

Chennai: Mask-wearing Mini Cooper to promote used cars sales

Kun Elite, the pre-worshipped branch of the Kun Group, a BMW authorized dealership in Tamil Nadu has used a creative way to promote their used cars sales event in Chennai.

A red, soft top Mini Cooper can be seen wearing a mask on the front part of the car. The side doors have a QR code that leads users to the dealer website.

The initiative is part of the Elite Carnival, a two-day used car sales event scheduled from 17-18 July, 2020. The company is also offering financing options, spot evaluation of existing car and a zero maintenance package for up to 3 years on BMW cars.

The event is by appointment only and all safety measures will be observed.

Thanks to Anup Venkatesh for sharing these images. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The Coronavirus Thread-img_2319.jpeg

The Coronavirus Thread-img_2321.jpeg

The Coronavirus Thread-img_2305.jpeg

The Coronavirus Thread-img_2303.jpeg

Link to the Team-BHP News
blackwasp is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks