Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2021, 14:57   #5611
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
And of course liters of kashayam, vitamins, etc.
People overdo this. Ayurveda says, eat food in food quantities and medicine in medicine quantities. But still our people think they know better, and are consuming ayurvedic kashayam/kadi etc as food. One relative of a friend OD-ed on ginger+turmeric+black-pepper and suffered severe stomach ulcer.
venkyhere is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 19:17   #5612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
... if you are in Chennai, there are lots of slots available in Apollo hospitals. My wife's was fone at Apollo first Med. The wait was only for 10 min.
Glad to say that my wife is actively seeking her second shot now. Whenever I have looked at Cowin, I never see any availability! I got my first shot at Apollo, Perungudi. I think I'll suggest that she calls them up.

(Also, the place that I got my second shot, ProMed, Kottivakkam, never shows any availability.)

Sorry... I know this belongs in the vaccination thread. But I am so glad I got mine finished when it was still easy for 60+ to get both shots.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 19:22   #5613
BHPian

Sir, please try an app like vaccinateme.in where you can register your phone number and they will SMS you when slots open up. Once you get SMS, then you should log in to COWIN and book. I got mine, my wifes and my son's slots that way.
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 21:36   #5614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Sir, please try an app like vaccinateme.in
Thank you. Will see if today's governmental changes make a difference.
Old 7th June 2021, 22:37   #5615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Hi
I am actually looking to get fully vaccinated as I anticipate travelling abroad in the next 2-3 months, hence why considering the gap in doses of Covishield, I am getting the vaccine at this time.
That should not be an issue right?
Hi,
It's safer to get both the doses before you travel. Ensure you have 6 to 8 weeks between 2 doses and take the 2nd dose before 2 weeks of your travel. Hope it fits your timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Is 2 weeks enough and are there any guidelines or recommendations ? We’ve been avoiding outside contact as much as possible but this needs to be done and we can’t wait for the second dose to complete. Thanks in advance.
Hi,
First dose alone provides some protection and but would not be sufficient. Extraction is sort of a dental urgency and if its so it can be done with reasonable protection and your dental doctor could help you with your decision. It's prudent to wait for 2 weeks but can she bear the pain for that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushan08 View Post
However, I wanted to check if the anti bodies have developed as there have been some reports that not everyone (esp those above 60) develop antibodies. Should we go for an anti body test to check and have peace of mind?
Thanks
Hi,
Till now not many recommendations for testing post vaccination antibody since it may not reflect the actual ability to counter the infection. But for elderly I would check covid spike protein antibody which should show sero conversion which has good possibility to protect if exposed to the virus.
Even if we have good titers please continue covid appropriate behaviour till the cases show downward trend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Generic query to
Then unfortunately got affected with COVID and recovered on 15th May.
Given this should I still proceed with my 2nd dose now since 8 weeks have elapsed
Hi,
Unless you have risk of exposure it's better to wait for 3 months. If there is any issue nothing wrong in taking the shot after 2months though the govt says 3months. Some of my colleagues had taken the 2nd dose little under 2 weeks after recovery since they had to get back to ICU.

Last edited by drrajasaravanan : 7th June 2021 at 22:44.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 22:39   #5616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Glad to say that my wife is actively seeking her second shot now. Whenever I have looked at Cowin, I never see any availability! I got my first shot at Apollo, Perungudi. I think I'll suggest that she calls them up.
Is it for Covaxin or Covishield? I got my 2nd dose of Covaxin today from above said Apollo, Perungudi. Recently, in the past few days, the hospitals have started opening more 2nd dose slots for Covaxin, Covishield was never a problem. Let me know if you need any help in booking the slots, I can help.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 00:51   #5617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Is it for Covaxin or Covishield? ...
It's for Covishield (60+, second dose).

Thanks for your offer: I might take you up on that via PM. She had her first shot at St Thomas Hospital, because a staff member is a close friend, and guided her through. That friend was then telling not to go back there, as many covid patients were admitted. Numbers have dropped now. We will see.
Old 8th June 2021, 12:12   #5618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
People overdo this.
Now the family is considering a provider who claims to supply "covid recovery special food". Recommended by a colleague. I give up!

(Anyway, am posting my experiences to show how if you want to be gullible and fall prey to the panic, there are enough people out there who are ready to take advantage of that and to take your money too!)
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 12:39   #5619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

(Also, the place that I got my second shot, ProMed, Kottivakkam, never shows any availability.)

Sorry... I know this belongs in the vaccination thread. But I am so glad I got mine finished when it was still easy for 60+ to get both shots.
It was there in a couple of news channels today morning that TN has not received the quota of the Jabs for June yet. Lot of vaccine centers were shut and the situation will supposedly improve in the couple of days in terms of vaccine availability.

When I was trying for the first vaccine for my spouse, it was opening at 04:05 to 04:15 PM IST for Apollo. We searched based on Pincode 600096 and it used to show Apollo Proton and Apollo OMR. We narrowed down our search to these two hospitals, since it was nearby from our home.

Hope it helps !!
Old 8th June 2021, 15:38   #5620
Senior - BHPian

Early last month I tested positive for COVID. Symptoms were low-mild, so I home-isolated, taking medications & nutritional home food as per advice. Sailed through it smoothly thanks to my family & amazing doctors like drrajasaravanan & drBoneCollector.

Online consultancies are a blessing. Future generations would do well if humanity supports honest furtherance of STEM skills with utmost sincerity. Civilisation needs to course-correct across many aspects i.e. socio-political, commercial, personal etc, hopefully one by one at least some things are sorted out. Anyway, lets see.

Again, many many thanks to drrajasaravanan & drBoneCollector for their guidance.
GrammarNazi is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 16:29   #5621
BANNED

Today (day1) :
(1) Woke up with a severe backache and headache.
(2) By 11am it became mild fever and bodyache.
(3) By 1pm, the fever crossed into 101F, so took one dolo 650 and slept for 2.5hrs since.
(4) Now fever is still at 101. Body pain is remaining.
(5) Have isolated myself into 1 room.

Prelude :
(A) Never stepped out of the house, but my table is near a 4th floor window which I keep it open for breeze. There are no covid +ve cases in flats above or below me. Now my fear is "transmission by air" theory.
(B) I got vaccinated around a month back (5th May) with covishield 1st dose, but did not have any discomfort or symptoms, just mild itching at the injection site on my arm for a day. I am fearing I may not have seroconverted.

What I have in mind :
(C) I am remaining calm and have based my understanding on the video (https://www.telegraphindia.com/healt...rn/cid/1815954) where Dr.Mathew.Varghese says the trick to deal with covid is timeline management and if it gets worse beyond day5, steroids and blood thinners are the only treatment.

-----------------------------------------------------

Doctors in the group, please advise what to do :
- whether (B) could be true
- whether (C) is the right way to approach this and if not, what should I do.

Thank you
venky

Last edited by venkyhere : 8th June 2021 at 16:30.
venkyhere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 23:44   #5622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(A) Never stepped out of the house, but my table is near a 4th floor window which I keep it open for breeze.
Take care. Have you tested and found what it is?

Does anyone else from your home go out and come back? Does/did anyone from outside visit your home, such as maidservant/Electrician/plumber recently?
Old 9th June 2021, 07:27   #5623
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Take care. Have you tested and found what it is?

Does anyone else from your home go out and come back? Does/did anyone from outside visit your home, such as maidservant/Electrician/plumber recently?
Not yet tested.

No one steps out of the house. Deliveries are handled by leaving them alone for 24hrs and then sanitizing them before use. No visiting help, maid has been stopped for more than a year.
Old 9th June 2021, 08:07   #5624
BHPian

Quote:
(B) I got vaccinated around a month back (5th May) with covishield 1st dose, but did not have any discomfort or symptoms, just mild itching at the injection site on my arm for a day. I am fearing I may not have seroconverted.
(C) I am remaining calm and the trick to deal with covid is timeline management and if it gets worse beyond day5, steroids and blood thinners are the only treatment.
venky
Hi,
Answers to your queries,
1. Vaccination ensures higher chances to prevent severe form of illness and does not prevent getting infected. Absence of sero conversion is uncommon and happens in elderly (70plus), immunocompromised and few other sporadic cases. Not all people who get vaccine show symptoms and it's a poor standard to judge sero conversion based on post vaccination symptoms. First dose alone should have reasonable protection against severe form of illness.
2. Remain calm and follow standard supportive care. In all likelihood you should be out of this in 10 days and plan your 2nd dose after 3months. Watch out for triggers which needs escalation and act appropriately.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 08:24   #5625
BHPian

HiVenky
Keep calm and follow the advise given. You would be out of it in 10 days
Do not stress since stress retards the healing process
I had a stroke 7 months back and had two brain operations and there were times when I felt very low. Yet today I am 90% okay and do most of my work myself.
Take it easy and be positive - you will be out of this shortly
earthian is offline   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks