Team-BHP - Your favourite song while driving
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Your favourite song while driving (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/2191-your-favourite-song-while-driving.html)

Most of us listen to music while we are driving. Which is the song you like to listen to most while driving?

I had a firm favourite for many years. It was "Everybody wants to rule the world" by Tears for Fears and Tom Petty's "Learning to fly" came second.
A few years ago, Mark Knopfler came out with an album called "Sailing to Philadelphia" and one of the songs from that album has taken over as my favourite driving song. It's called "Speedway at Nazareth".

definitely has to be the title track of DIL CHAHTA HAI.

that song has lots of freedom feel in it and the song is shot in a merc with wind blowing thru the hair....maan i can already feel im in that car!!!

cheers

I can drive a car without gasoline, but not without music. The two just go hand in hand for me.

Heres my list:

1. In the end - Linkin Park
2. Paradise City - G 'N evergreen R
3. Rollin' & Scratching - Daft Punk
4. Insomnia - Faithless
5. I'll be missing you - Pdiddy

GTO

Wouldn't "Highway Star" be apt ?

For ferrari owners, maybe 'GTO'...

--V.

i like to listen

Act a fool - 2fast 2furious(OST)
Faint - Linking Park
and lots more.... it depends on my mood:;):

Interesting topic.......

Well my music changes with my driving style.

When im on a long distance drive with family, i find myself listening to
1. Eric Clapton - Tears in heaven, wonderful tonite, layla.
2. The Beatles - drive my car, hard days night etc...
3. Creedence Clearwater Revival - all songs
4. Collective soul - maybe.
5. Goo Goo Dolls - Acoustic, slide.
6. Mr.Big - Wild world, goin where the wind blows.
7. David Gray - be mine.
8. Oasis - wonderwall, stand by me.

And when i'm on my solo rampage........
1. AC/DC - Highway to hell, this means war, hard as a rock,
2. Deep Purple - Highway star, smoke on the water.
3. Iron Maiden - Fear of the dark, number of the beast.
4. Colective soul - heavy, where the river flows.
5. Creed - Are you ready, higher.
6. Mr.Big - Collorado Bulldog.

These are some of my favs that are always in the car......

Regards...
Shan2nu

I'm not much of a fan of the new music. I prefer listening to songs from the 80s and 70s

Some I like while d riving are

Madonnas old songs
Bryan Adams
Eric Claption esp My fathers eyes
Tears for Fears
Sting
Chicane
ABBA
Boney M

I like listening to soft instrumentals when its raining outside and me driving

And its trance for me when I'm on a joy ride, ad yeah ?I do listen to Hindi tunes as well

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]definitely has to be the title track of DIL CHAHTA HAI.

You said it, man. That's an awesome, brilliant song !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]3. Iron Maiden - Fear of the dark, number of the beast.

Doesn't your foot press harder on the gas pedal as Nicko hammers away ?

--V

well for me it depeends, have a vast listening range, listen to good rap, soft rock, good telugu songs, currently on my tape "yuva" really good guys , check it out

currently

Moby
Dido
Sting
Saturday Night Fever - reminds me of the times when I started out with cars....and girls

My only speeding ticket was due to getting into Peter Gabriel Sledgehammer - in my uncles Merc 230e w124 - he was not amused when the ticket came in the mail

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Powerslave @ April 16 2004,18:06)]3. Iron Maiden - Fear of the dark, number of the beast.

Doesn't your foot press harder on the gas pedal as Nicko hammers away ?

That's the basic idea.

My mind too is like the Vtec man, the higher the adrenaline, the better it performs.

"Split Personality" is the word.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Hey,

Well god bless mp3 cd players as they never put us in a position like this, rather it is more like "please choose your 180 most favourite songs to take with you on your drive"
I like the way Dippy has so far got away with sneaking "chicane" in as "groups from the 70s-80s"
But chicane is a personal favourite of mine as well especially on country roads in the monsoon greenery!!
Other choices range through rap, jazz, rock, trance, techno etc...

But when i am really driving i prefer to have the music off! I really enjoy music especially when driving, but i do believe it takes that 1% or more off your concentration when u are driving hard!
Also i always turn off my music before i park as it just makes u more aware of what is going on around you and whether some1 is shouting to warn you that you are going to reverse into a Ferrari.

cheers
R

ps - also its amazing how when u drive really late at night ie 3am -4am when NOONE is on the roads how you can hear everything about your car, whether there are any slightly misaligned belts, whether there is the slightest hint of knocking, how many stones are stuck in the tires, which brake pad sometimes makes that little squeal, exactly how much noise the sporty cut on your tires generates etc etc!

Freestyler.
My way on the highway.
It doesnt even matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I like the way Dippy has so far got away with sneaking "chicane" in as "groups from the 70s-80s"

Hey Rehaan the list I put wasnt specified to 70s and 80s . I said loved listening to the 70s and 80s but below I just put a general list of what I like to listen to

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Well god bless mp3 cd players as they never put us in a position like this, rather it is more like "please choose your 180 most favourite songs to take with you on your drive"

Hey Rehaan,

Though I have a MP3 changer in my C, I honestly use it for the mp3 function only when I am travelling outta town. Theres two reasons:

1. I have painstaking built an almost 400CD collection (most of which are custom-burnt), and this collection includes almost every english song that I like...from the 60's to 2004. My taste in music is very diverse to say the least....I like Metallica as much as Eminem, Madonna as well as German under-ground...Hiphop, R&B, techno,rock, instrumentals...you name it. This entire collection is in the conventional cd format.

2. Its really a pain to go through an MP3 disc with 150 songs to find that one particular song that you are looking for. From the cd's in my collection, I know almost every sequence by heart.

Just my $.02

GTO