Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your dream car or the one you love? - What will it be ?
The car all the way..everything else can wait 190 42.04%
Love for me..cars will come when they have to 262 57.96%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2004, 01:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

It's going to be my girl.

With her by my side, I can conquer the whole world.
Old 13th August 2004, 01:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]think dippy meant serious love, the kinda in which you get married and grow old together! right dippy???
Right on target there aadix

Dippy
Old 13th August 2004, 01:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Aaah seems simple at first, but wud be tough in an altogether different situation. Today i might wanna say car, tomm girl then.... aaaahhh shay, gets painfully difficult.

But i guess since i live for today i'll take the car. The girl, maybe if the poll is reconducted 5 years from now....lol.

Revv
Old 13th August 2004, 04:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Love first dream car later. Until then, i'll just enjoy the Vtec, it should entertain me for another zillion years.

If the competition gets faster, i'll make the Vtec faster than that. Don't think thats gonna happen anytime soon, though.

Regards....
Shan2nu
Old 13th August 2004, 15:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ooooooooooo....the competition is hot......7 votes in favour of Car! is to 6 to woman!
Old 13th August 2004, 17:09   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Ooooooooooo....the competition is hot......7 votes in favour of Car! is to 6 to woman!
well, maybe i'll even that up then!! I'd go for the love part of it anyday! If its right, you won't care which car you're driving as long as she's there with you.

Ok,,.,enough of this mushy crap...!!

Rt
Old 13th August 2004, 19:19   #22
Tom
BHPian

Car.
get the right car and the right women will follow...LOL
Old 13th August 2004, 22:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

well guys
i voted for the girl..... coz in times of trouble a car cant give that much emotinal support that a *life patner can give! heck people r gonna start bad mouthing abt you if in times of trouble you zoom around the town in your dream car

heck , who knows? may be along with the girl even your dream car might arrive (in many ways, she might be a car freak, her parents might gift her one, or may she might just win it in an lottery!)

one things for sure guys (even those who voted for the car!) deep down inside we need a lot of pampering and laad-pyar, which after your mom only ur gf/wife can give (more of it) when compared to a car

and some of you(think it was addy?!) were saying the the girl's parents will ask what do you earn, you have your own house?? and then abt the car
heck even if u have a ferrari and want your future would-be to live in a jhoppad patti, no girl's parent's in their right mind will give *you the girl

and v12 bhaya, life always not what they show in those college flicks
some guys and girls r genrally very serious, i know many girls who when they go out with thier guys they share the bill, in serious relationship there is nothing that only the guy should bear *the brunt, even your going to be life patner helps you out
and honestly tell me didnt you buy the elim coz it was a chik magnet?

and gto , i am sure that u just didnt say that coz your would be too comes to this site!

and mr 316 wait till you fall in love, leave her and go for the car, then in your old life nor will you have the car(coz when u r 80 plus u cannot drive your dream car) nor her, if you had her the days would go by like minutes

and i really thx dippy for this topic coz it made me think deeply the whole day
and come up with this(dont laugh guys, this is one of the most serious moments in my life!!!)

will add more in time to come
now where's mr rudra when u need him

and guys dont get angry on me if this post is too long

aaditya

Old 14th August 2004, 00:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

the love for me ......let the dream car be a dream for the time being....and there are 100s of other cars to have fun....like shan2nu said.
Old 14th August 2004, 01:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Car for me......its my ultimate relaxation equipment.Just the thought of late night drive wit my fav music pumping does the job for me.....
Girls are`nt bad either as far as they are temporary.Long term affairs dunt appeal to me.....Thats just not me!!
Exploration to the max is wot i believe in.

Keep Rockin!
Old 14th August 2004, 02:26   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ Aug. 13 2004,21:21)]and some of you(think it was addy?!) were saying the the girl's parents will ask what do you earn, you have your own house?? and then abt the car
heck even if u have a ferrari and want your future would-be to live in a jhoppad patti, no girl's parent's in their right mind will give *you the girl
Yep that was me alright. I think you got slightly confused by what I meant. Read my first post properly. If you are rich enough to own a Ferrari, it's obvious that you will have a great house in a good locality. The girl and her parents are gonna see you financial position and car first and then decide whether you are worth their time. If you don't have any of these possessions, will the girl still marry you? Where's her love for you gone? If a girl is gonna look at your property and marry you, why don't you consider your money and cars before your girl?
Money is almost everything in today's world. It's your car that's gonna get you your woman. It's easy for us guys to say love comes before cars. Our parents have ensured that we get good cars to travel in right from the time we were born. Just for a minute, think that you are from a middle class family with a tattered old Ambassador or something like that. Would any girl of a similar financial standing as you want to go out with you? This simple answer is no. She wants to marry some guy with a Lancer or a City. To move up in life, financially and socially, is something every girl, or for that matter every man wants. You buy a car to impress a girl, not the other way round.
Just to prove that I'm not a sexist, I wanna know how many guys here have fallen in love with a woman who's substantially down the financial status ladder? If there are any, and your parents didn't agree to this relationship, would you be able to leave all your cars and money for your lady?
While we are about it, I wonder how many guys here have gone to meet their "loves or prospective loves" by public transport (bus / train). I haven't. Ever!

So guys, follow the golden rule: D the B and B the C!

Old 14th August 2004, 10:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

hmmmmm....ady got a point there....hey the capital D is dump right? and the third B buy right?
Old 14th August 2004, 14:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

9 to the car 12 to the woman... hmm topic hotting up

Keep it coming

Dippy
Old 15th August 2004, 13:15   #29
BHPian

Hey guys,trust me,girls aint worth it man,well u can compare them to monkeys,jumpin from 1 tree 2 another,never happy with what they have,no matter what.But ur cars never gonna leave u,dun blame it,if she gets towed away,due to ur failure in reading sign boards.
For e.g. my uncle in Kuwait during the late 90's owned a Celica which he love more than his wife,& his wife wld always tell my mom bout his relationship with his car,well at times he even stared at it from his window when nthin to do.
A year or so later he was drivin down a highway at about 110-120km/hr,God only knows how & why,the rear right tyre gave way to disaster & his car went sideways onto the inverted cone shaped dividers & toppled bout 3-4times.This is no fiction guys but later when he was dragged out of the car,he himself was surprised that he managed to survive that accident without a scratch.When he came down to Bombay,he narrated the incident to me n later came to a conclusion-"My car saved me cause i loved it like it was my own son"
Old 15th August 2004, 23:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Boy turbo lader you surely have some story there. Very interesting .

Dippy
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks