Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2020, 07:57   #91
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Safe recreational activities during the coronavirus pandemic

Couple weeks before the lockdown was announced, bruised my leg badly in a fall. This forced me to stop the exercise routine for 10 days. The park I was visiting for the morning walk+run was closed down, so stuck to early morning walks close to home for a few days.

This week, I've been trying walking on the terrace of our building and quite liking it now. Extended the routine now by adding another 30 minutes of brisk walk in the night couple hours after dinner by which time I try to wrap up my work (working from home)

Last edited by NPV : 29th March 2020 at 07:58.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 13:24   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Autocar India
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Overdrive
Evo too has given it's April issue for download.

Link

Safe recreational activities during the coronavirus pandemic-screenshot_20200329132533.jpg
Old 31st March 2020, 21:27   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Do you play on voobly ? If yes whats your username
Sorry I somehow missed responding to your post. I used to play on Voobly and Garena, but have not played for a long time. I just finished setting up AOE 2 in my old Lenovo laptop and planning to join Voobly or Garena again. I will PM you once I create the login.
Old 23rd April 2020, 16:49   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I have Goa vacation planned in second week of April. All of my bookings are non-refundable.

Due to this Corona scare, I am just not sure what to do? Though the trip is still 20-25 days away, what are all your suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I don't think you have a lot to worry; most hotels and airlines have already put out statements saying they'll honor 100% refunds. If someone is not obliging, a social media post should get things moving.
The simple answer is, you should cancel considering the risks: at the airport, restaurants, public places and so on. (I don't think the rationale that the virus can't survive tropical temperatures has been scientifically validated yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Totally not worth risking your health. Stay home and be safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
other than necessary travel should be avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I contacted Makemytrip's customer care and with their help, got 100% refund on all my 3 bookings for different hotels that I had booked for Goa vacation. In 3-4 days, I will be getting my 100% refund in my credit card account.

I will wait for few more days else the last option I will have in case they don't waive off cancellation/reschedule charges is to then modify/shift the travel date to 3-4 months at-least till this thing subsides () and pay any difference in fair adjusted with reschedule charges.
So as I mentioned earlier that I was able to get 100% refund on my hotel bookings, but for flights I was not able to cancel the tickets as they were seeking cancellation charges but managed to reschedule without any cost. I rescheduled the trip to the first week of August (I did this around 20-21st march considering Corona situation was in the initial stage with a few hundred cases then).

But as of today, India has already crossed 21k cases and the situation doesn't seem to be improving in a manner that will instil confidence to make any trips at least for next 3-4 months.

Now my current booking is for 1st week of August (still more than 3 months away) but we don't know what situation our country will be in by that time. I was looking to postpone the trip further to say like October.

My return flight is of SpiceJet is allowing me to reschedule without any charges but for my Del-Goa Go Air flight is asking me Rs. 5000 + taxes as 'Reschedule Fees' while the Go Air policy on MMT quotes -

Safe recreational activities during the coronavirus pandemic-advisory.jpg

According to MMT as well, there will be no reschedule charges.

Safe recreational activities during the coronavirus pandemic-mmt.jpg

But when I attempt to make a change in Go Air, I am asked to pay the reschedule fees!
Safe recreational activities during the coronavirus pandemic-go-air-date-change-fee.jpg

I contacted MMT, but they don't have any answers, suggested getting in touch with Go Air. When I try to connect with Go Air, none of their call centre numbers is reachable and when it connects, I only get IVR response and no one pickups the call. I tried doing the date change from Go Air portal as well using the PNR but getting same charges/prices.

What should be done in this situation? Should I postpone the trip From August to Oct/Nov or currently it is too early to think about it?

Secondly, how to get the reschedule fees thing sorted?

I would have simply cancelled the tickets but then again they are charging hefty cancellation charges! I wish they allow cancellation without any charges.

PS - Though Goa is Corona free now as per the government with all 7 cases sorted now. Who knows if that is just short from actual reality although!

Last edited by bluevolt : 23rd April 2020 at 16:54.
Old 24th April 2020, 01:52   #95

Worth sharing an online post I stumbled upon - listing several virtual museums of some our favourite car manufacturers. Available to virtually visit for free from the comforts of our couch while we self-isolate!

Honda
Museo Lamborghini
Porsche ** requires flash player
Alfa Romeo
Citroen
Pagani Automobili
SKODA Museum
Old 26th July 2020, 08:29   #96
BHPian

These are unprecedented times we are living in today. The situation today was absolutely un imaginable till about February this year.
Just imagine if someone had told us that we will all be working from our homes, no schools, offices, malls, restaurants, markets, locked inside our houses, lockdown in cities, no travel and transport I don’t think I would have believed at all, yet here we are today.

One of the changes I have observed is, Families, which are spending time together today more than ever and how important it is for our kids at this time as they don’t have other social interaction opportunities in schools or friends circles.
To make it more fun and to keep kids away from TV and Mobile screens as much as possible, I am trying to put together a list of Movies, Activities, Games which are kids safe and makes family time fun. The target audience is kids in the age group of 7 – 11.

I have already got some interesting ideas by going through the posts in this thread.

The request to fellow Bhpians, please feel free to add and share some ideas so that we get more interesting options and others can also benefit. There are just a few constraints – the Movies etc has to be Kids safe, positive with a happy ending (I don’t like sad movies) Lastly the whole idea is that we have reduced or no screen time so except movies and TV Shows, Games and Activities have to be non-screen related.

Movies: Weekly once, only on weekends
Hollywood -
- Coco (2017)
- Zootopia (2016)
- Ratatouille (2017)
- Toy Story 1, 2, 3, 4 (1995 - 2019)

Bollywood –
- Golmaal (1979)
- Piku (2015)
- Angoor (1982)
- Chupke Chupke (1975)
- Sholay (1975)

TV Shows: One episode a day of anyone
- I Dream of Jeannie (1965)
- Bewitched (1964)
- Dekh Bhai Dekh (1993)

Activities and Games: I will exclude the obvious ones like help in cooking, cleaning, daily chores
- Origami – The art of paper folding in to different things
- Fun with Maps / Atlas – Find a city or a place in the map, Create a list of places of historical importance etc.

Books:
- The Adventures of Tintin
- Astrix
- Harry Potter Series

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks