Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2020, 13:41   #271
BHPian

Re: Working from home? Show us your home office

Here is my part time home office. I can't sit at one place for a long time. This is my office for the first half of day or during important calls. Rest of the day I could be found anywhere in my home.

Working from home? Show us your home office-img_20201106_133930.jpg
Engine_Roars is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 16:22   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Here is my part time home office.
That’s a very comfortable looking chair, please share the brand name, place bought and price (if ok by you). Since it’s a tile floor, do the castor wheels have some sort of locking mechanism which can stop the chair sliding around while seated.

Thank you.

Cheers
Old 6th November 2020, 17:26   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
That’s a very comfortable looking chair, please share the brand name, place bought and price (if ok by you). Since it’s a tile floor, do the castor wheels have some sort of locking mechanism which can stop the chair sliding around while seated.

Thank you.

Cheers
Yes, it indeed is. It is not a branded one though, bought it from a local manufacturer here at Wakad, Pune. It does not have any locking mechanism however have not faced any such issues. It costed me 5200.00 INR.
Engine_Roars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 13:42   #274
BHPian

Please suggest a good quality table available on Flipkart or Amazon. The one I have is shaking whenever I start typing, which causes the monitor to vibrate as well.
Old 12th January 2021, 14:26   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Yes, it indeed is. It is not a branded one though, bought it from a local manufacturer here at Wakad, Pune..... It costed me 5200.00 INR.
Hi, could you please share the name & address of the shop where you bought it from? Thanks!
Old 12th January 2021, 15:41   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Please suggest a good quality table available on Flipkart or Amazon. The one I have is shaking whenever I start typing, which causes the monitor to vibrate as well.

https://www.amazon.in/Royal-Solidwoo...%2C302&sr=8-10

I got this a few months back during Amazon sale with a 10 percent cashback. This is a foldable one and is a pretty sturdy one. Reasonable price for a solid wood table actually and it is foldable to occupy less space if required. The price varies between 6500-6999. The seller is from Bangalore and will quickly replace the table in case you have any issues with it. I had a shaky one due to flooring in my room and seller replaced within a day. See if this looks good to you.

I have no affiliation with this Brand or seller.
whencut86 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 10:46   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
My home office.
Hi Manish ji,
There is just a recommendation only if you are using the two displays as secondary monitors. They should be next to each other possibly on the same height, like an open book.

Rest of the setup is good btw
Old 21st January 2021, 11:33   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi, could you please share the name & address of the shop where you bought it from? Thanks!

Apologies for delay in responding, somehow missed this. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the shop however when you get down from Hinjewadi flyover towards Wakad. There are furniture shops on both side of that road. All of them keep the same stuff mostly. This shop was one of them.
Engine_Roars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 09:45   #279
Team-BHP Support

After suffering for about 4 months without a proper workstation at home, I finally managed to remodel my bedroom to accommodate a proper working desk. Plonked the office chair from my office cabin one day for now. In time when offices reopen full time I'll take the time to buy a chair I am really happy with.

Put 3 images below.

One is the half view. I perpetually have a water bottle so I can ensure I get through about 3 ltrs of water a day. The coffee mug is a pretty regular feature as well with my need for black coffee at least 2 - 3 times a day.

I work a lot with both ipad (that's an iPad Air 4 with their new tactile keyboard, an absolute boon along with my office laptop). I run all my zoom calls over ipad so I can see screen when documents are shared or alternately view them on my laptop separately as convenient. Incidentally, the mouse pad dates all the way back to 2004 and was purchased the first time I ever travelled abroad at the ripe old age of ~27. I was on a 6 month secondment to London and this (an image of The Night Watch) was purchased in the Rembrandt museum during a short holiday to Amsterdam. Its still in top nick which is quite telling on its quality for a museum shop purchase.

The second image is a full screen. As you can see, my handy Osim foot massager is now well in use and given that I have resumed some amount of running this is now handy to get some massages during the day.

Third is the wall facing the screens and therefore the backdrop for my video calls. This is not by design but was eventually the only place left to leave both my bikes. One is permanently mounted on the smart trainer while the wall mounted is ready for road riding.
I use a virtual background of my office reception to conceal the default background of the bikes but on many other calls (team / friends / family) I quite dig the actual backdrop as well. I think it nicely represents my interests in the non work parts of my life.

For those with an eye for detail, the mug has A in Hindi (first alphabet of my name); the bottle is a cycling / triathlon bottle, the top shelves have three cyclists and on top of that my LR Defender in Lego. Some running books are on top too although they would typically be accompanied by some management books as well - think Shoe Dog, Simon Sinek (big fan), etc.

All in all a perfect work place with my favourite things.

:-)
Attached Thumbnails
Working from home? Show us your home office-workstation-half.jpg  

Working from home? Show us your home office-workstation-full.jpg  

Working from home? Show us your home office-workstation-zoom-backdrop.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th May 2021 at 09:50.
Axe77 is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 13:17   #280
BHPian

I've been working from home since 2018. I had a regular run-of-the-mill setup with an 8-year-old desktop and an ordinary table with a wooden chair. Last year went in for a complete revamp and this is how my setup looks like currently.
Attached Thumbnails
Working from home? Show us your home office-unnamed.jpg  

ard1955 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 21:16   #281
Senior - BHPian

Due to some issues I had to make some temporary alternate arrangement for my home office set up. Luckily I had ordered a small camping table from Decathlon which arrived on the same day. It is foldable, light weight, compact, and sturdy. I was able to keep my laptop, monitor, and a keyboard without any issues. Using big computer chair is not possible. I was using plastic chair. It cost just 1400 Rupees and can be carried in your car boot. If anyone looking for similar set up can check this option.
Attached Thumbnails
Working from home? Show us your home office-img_20210627_210442.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 27th June 2021 at 21:18.
Old 28th June 2021, 00:24   #282
Senior - BHPian

I want to buy a decent/good chair since quite some time. This would be for sitting through the day + working for a few hours. How do you buy a chair online without checking out the comfort or whether it would suit you. Most chairs I have seen are non returnable, only exchange which makes it a dicey proposition.

Secondly, most office chairs I have seen on this thread or on Amazon and other sites have castors which cannot be locked. If the chair has to be used on a tiled floor it will be a real nuisance if the chair keeps moving about.

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions welcome please.
Thanks a lot.

Cheers
Old 4th July 2021, 09:35   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I want to buy a decent/good chair since quite some time. This would be for sitting through the day + working for a few hours. How do you buy a chair online without checking out the comfort or whether it would suit you. Most chairs I have seen are non returnable, only exchange which makes it a dicey proposition.

Secondly, most office chairs I have seen on this thread or on Amazon and other sites have castors which cannot be locked. If the chair has to be used on a tiled floor it will be a real nuisance if the chair keeps moving about.

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions welcome please.
Thanks a lot.

Cheers
It sure is a lottery to buy chairs online, without trying out. I bought mine in the height of the first wave of the epidemic. At that time I didn't have an option since the chairs at my home were seating not suitable for sitting before a desk for prolonged duration. If possible, try to check out the chairs physically rather than online.

I also had the same concern on the castors on a tiled surface. Had even thought of buying a mat(something like https://www.ikea.com/in/en/p/kolon-f...ctor-90176245/) / carpet for my work area to handle the slippage.
Turns out that the castors (for my chair atleast) cause any slipping/sliding - have been comfortably working on a tiled surface for more than any year now.
whitewing is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 18:31   #284
BHPian

My working from home regime dates to the late 2000s when I was part of a globally dispersed team with no direct colleagues based locally. Since I was working from home twice or at most thrice a week, I set up a simple home office nook in an unused space in my master bedroom. The idea itself was inspired by an IKEA wall desk that I had come across on the Internet but implemented by a known carpenter.

We created two work desks, for myself and my wife. The desk provides just sufficient space for a laptop and some accessories with cubby holes for other stuff. There's of course space on the top for other artifacts you may want to keep.

The unique thing about this 8-year-old setup is that you can fold up the desk when it's not in use, but we seldom do that as there's not much of a space crunch.

Working from home? Show us your home office-desk0.jpg

Working from home? Show us your home office-desk4.jpg

This second study area was created much later for my daughter and also doubles up as a workspace for me beyond her school hours. Really love working here with uninterrupted views of the open space, metro line, and melodious chirping of parrots and other birds in the evenings.

Working from home? Show us your home office-table1.jpg

Working from home? Show us your home office-table2.jpg
pannags is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 10:19   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
..The desk provides just sufficient space for a laptop and some accessories with cubby holes for other stuff. There's of course space on the top for other artifacts you may want to keep.

This second study area was created much later for my daughter
Nice creative setup.
I assume your workspace is bolted on to the walls?
How does it standup to typing?

I see a fan in your kid's study desk. Can you please share feedback on the same? Looking for a portable fan that is quite. Main criteria is the motor hum should not creep into online meetings.
whitewing is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks